New Year, New BS
Moderators
Currently Playing
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 845.96 XP
Horizon Zero Dawn Mario Kart Pokémon 
Have to admit, this was also very hype. Of course it was teased about so we had at least some kind of sneaking suspicion this whole time but it feels good to have it realized here. Having only played this once, I cant comment too much on specific aspects, but it damn sure looks good.

I'll take this as my alternative to what will never be another Diddy Kong Racing. ROFL
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
New Year, New BS
Currently Playing
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 845.96 XP
Have to admit, this was also very hype. Of course it was teased about so we had at least some kind of sneaking suspicion this whole time but it feels good to have it realized here. Having only played this once, I cant comment too much on specific aspects, but it damn sure looks good.

I'll take this as my alternative to what will never be another Diddy Kong Racing. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tekken 7 | BBCTB | Super Bomberman R | Others likely
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
Glad this CTR remake has been revealed on last night, nice. Grin Looks good, and must to see the new karts and tracks, even if I've never played on all original tracks yet. XD Although I'll be fine waiting until release, but I suppose there'll another trailer showing a bit more.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Glad this CTR remake has been revealed on last night, nice. Grin Looks good, and must to see the new karts and tracks, even if I've never played on all original tracks yet. XD Although I'll be fine waiting until release, but I suppose there'll another trailer showing a bit more.
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Hitman 2 (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
I'm super excited for the new tracks. Also, the game will be $40, but there is a $60 edition that gives you instant access to Nitrous Oxide. $20 just to get a character without needing to unlock them in game seems a bit much to me.

Also, this is currently the official box art for the game: https://imgur.com/a/19FkKSi#Y9bdKRZ
[Image: file.php?id=3006934]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
I'm super excited for the new tracks. Also, the game will be $40, but there is a $60 edition that gives you instant access to Nitrous Oxide. $20 just to get a character without needing to unlock them in game seems a bit much to me.

Also, this is currently the official box art for the game: https://imgur.com/a/19FkKSi#Y9bdKRZ
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
Not a bad cover I suppose. Nothing stands out for me though.
That much money for an extra character is something I'd definitely not pay for, especially if they're going to be unlockable. I hope that edition isn't only that. I'd probably only get the standard edition anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Not a bad cover I suppose. Nothing stands out for me though.
That much money for an extra character is something I'd definitely not pay for, especially if they're going to be unlockable. I hope that edition isn't only that. I'd probably only get the standard edition anyway.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
So far it seems you just get Oxide. $20 for a character is ridiculous, but if anyone is that lazy to buy it just for easy access then more fool them.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
So far it seems you just get Oxide. $20 for a character is ridiculous, but if anyone is that lazy to buy it just for easy access then more fool them.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
The Crash Bandicoot Twitter page recently put out the first image of Cortex Castle for CTR:NF and oh my lawd does it look pretty!

[Image: Dwfds63WoAEuZRx.jpg:large]

I'm really looking forward to seeing Oxide Station now since that's one of my favourite stages. Grin

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
The Crash Bandicoot Twitter page recently put out the first image of Cortex Castle for CTR:NF and oh my lawd does it look pretty!

[Image: Dwfds63WoAEuZRx.jpg:large]

I'm really looking forward to seeing Oxide Station now since that's one of my favourite stages. Grin
Metallix Offline
Beginner
XP: 265.04 XP
That looks pretty great. I’m glad this is coming out but I really hope Activision just sticks to the remakes and doesn’t run this series into the ground again. I have no confidence in their teams to make anything in the caliber of the originals.
Metallix Offline
Beginner
That looks pretty great. I’m glad this is coming out but I really hope Activision just sticks to the remakes and doesn’t run this series into the ground again. I have no confidence in their teams to make anything in the caliber of the originals.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Did you play the Future Tense level of the N. Sane Trilogy? That was a brand new level that VV made and it was a promising sign of what a new Crash platformer could be.

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Did you play the Future Tense level of the N. Sane Trilogy? That was a brand new level that VV made and it was a promising sign of what a new Crash platformer could be.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
That shot of Cortex Castle looks good. The one I'm looking out for is Papu Pyramid, as that was the only track I played most on from the demo disc, and don't remember any other tracks. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
That shot of Cortex Castle looks good. The one I'm looking out for is Papu Pyramid, as that was the only track I played most on from the demo disc, and don't remember any other tracks. XD
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Papu Pyramid was in the reveal trailer as one of the very first transitional shots. They just made the track a lot dingier, especially in the skybox, so it might not have been instantly recognisable; moreso if you hadn't seen the original track in a while.

Another shot of Cortex Castle was put out today, this time of the interior section near the end of the track with the stained glass windows in the blue room:

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Papu Pyramid was in the reveal trailer as one of the very first transitional shots. They just made the track a lot dingier, especially in the skybox, so it might not have been instantly recognisable; moreso if you hadn't seen the original track in a while.

Another shot of Cortex Castle was put out today, this time of the interior section near the end of the track with the stained glass windows in the blue room:

Metallix Offline
Beginner
(01-15-2019, 03:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:

VV was responsible for some okay GBA Crash games but they weren’t to the caliber of the originals or really anything special. They also made Nitro Kart which doesn’t hold a candle to CTR. 

I did play their Future Tense level and I’ll give them credit for making a great level but it doesn’t instill confidence in me that they can create an original game that’s great given their history. The level was just rearranging assets and ideas someone else made. It’s much harder to come up with something entirely original but maybe I’m being too hard on them because not everything Naughty Dog made was good before Crash. Maybe they will surprise me. 

That said I’m looking forward to this remake. This game was so good as a kid in 4 player splitscreen. Anyone else like playing the original game before a remake comes out? I want to play the PS1 version soon before I get this.
Metallix Offline
Beginner
(01-15-2019, 03:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:

VV was responsible for some okay GBA Crash games but they weren’t to the caliber of the originals or really anything special. They also made Nitro Kart which doesn’t hold a candle to CTR. 

I did play their Future Tense level and I’ll give them credit for making a great level but it doesn’t instill confidence in me that they can create an original game that’s great given their history. The level was just rearranging assets and ideas someone else made. It’s much harder to come up with something entirely original but maybe I’m being too hard on them because not everything Naughty Dog made was good before Crash. Maybe they will surprise me. 

That said I’m looking forward to this remake. This game was so good as a kid in 4 player splitscreen. Anyone else like playing the original game before a remake comes out? I want to play the PS1 version soon before I get this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resident Evil (Series) Moonface 8 656 Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Amalthea
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 8 104 01-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Yoshi (Series) Moonface 2 32 01-11-2019, 12:46 PM
  God of War (Series) Moonface 5 364 01-07-2019, 11:40 PM
  Bioshock (Series) Amalthea 0 87 12-09-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Amalthea