What Are/Were Your Eating Habits Like?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Got this thread idea from the discussion I had with @Mr EliteL in UCT about neither of us eating food for long periods of time, and wondered how everyone elses eating habits are or were. Tongue

Since the subject that kicked off this idea was length of time without eating, anyone else here normally go long times without eating?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Got this thread idea from the discussion I had with @Mr EliteL in UCT about neither of us eating food for long periods of time, and wondered how everyone elses eating habits are or were. Tongue

Since the subject that kicked off this idea was length of time without eating, anyone else here normally go long times without eating?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I definitely ate more er, junk snack food ie sweets/candy, chocolate and crisps and cared not for healthy stuff. I still have some chocolate and crisps but a lot less so as I used to eat at least one a day.

Breakfast I only eat cereal or porridge, if I've got work I don't eat anything until a break if I have brought anything with me. Lunch varies between sandwiches, soup, toast, or all three and can be more. Or have dinner swap with lunch time. Lunch I usually have late-ish or earlier if I've had not much for breakfast. Dinner tends to be what my mother has bought but if I'm cooking for myself just whatever I've bought, mainly pasta. I tend to not eat after 8PM or at least by 8:30 no more food on a work night.

Work can have me without eating until 12noon if I'm lucky to 3PM if I've gone insane for a long shift which coupled with no eating after 8PM previous night can be up to 19 hours. Didn't do that when I was younger, always tried to eat something around meal times at least, snacks too.

If out at a restaurant I can order a bit too much, but aim to finish it all anyway. I don't like leaving leftovers on a plate/bowl unless it's a bad piece or I genuinely didn't like it/already hate it. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I definitely ate more er, junk snack food ie sweets/candy, chocolate and crisps and cared not for healthy stuff. I still have some chocolate and crisps but a lot less so as I used to eat at least one a day.

Breakfast I only eat cereal or porridge, if I've got work I don't eat anything until a break if I have brought anything with me. Lunch varies between sandwiches, soup, toast, or all three and can be more. Or have dinner swap with lunch time. Lunch I usually have late-ish or earlier if I've had not much for breakfast. Dinner tends to be what my mother has bought but if I'm cooking for myself just whatever I've bought, mainly pasta. I tend to not eat after 8PM or at least by 8:30 no more food on a work night.

Work can have me without eating until 12noon if I'm lucky to 3PM if I've gone insane for a long shift which coupled with no eating after 8PM previous night can be up to 19 hours. Didn't do that when I was younger, always tried to eat something around meal times at least, snacks too.

If out at a restaurant I can order a bit too much, but aim to finish it all anyway. I don't like leaving leftovers on a plate/bowl unless it's a bad piece or I genuinely didn't like it/already hate it. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Aug 17th, 2021, 11:03 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

This man would be a fat man if he ate like that every day in America ROFL

Your eating habits sound quite unhealthy, if I'm honest, in terms of your intake portions and what you actually eat. I wonder if you actually get the proper amount of nutrition in your daily intake XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Aug 17th, 2021, 11:03 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

This man would be a fat man if he ate like that every day in America ROFL

Your eating habits sound quite unhealthy, if I'm honest, in terms of your intake portions and what you actually eat. I wonder if you actually get the proper amount of nutrition in your daily intake XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
He likely also eats everything given to him in a restaurant because it isn't really a standard in the UK to get leftover boxes. If you don't finish the food, it's likely the server will just throw it away. Would you still try to finish everything on the plate if you had the ability to save it for later @Mr EliteL?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
He likely also eats everything given to him in a restaurant because it isn't really a standard in the UK to get leftover boxes. If you don't finish the food, it's likely the server will just throw it away. Would you still try to finish everything on the plate if you had the ability to save it for later @Mr EliteL?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah I should portion stuff to make sure I get the right amount but ahhh, I'd rather just eat what I can and want, even if it's too much. Or too little in some cases, but I try to ignore that, even though I know I shouldn't! XD I haven't got problems to care but yeah there is the side of starting now than before any arise. I did buy some protein powder for weightlifting recently, so the change to alter my diet is in the horizon. Need to look into it a bit more.

@Moonface Yeah, I would do that, as long as it's food I like and can reheat it. I did once at a Chinese restaurant where I had leftovers I couldn't finish put into a takeaway box, the initial meal was in the afternoon so I could eat the rest later. But I have to really not have the ability to continue eating and an enough amount to do that. Like of course not a few chips or something. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah I should portion stuff to make sure I get the right amount but ahhh, I'd rather just eat what I can and want, even if it's too much. Or too little in some cases, but I try to ignore that, even though I know I shouldn't! XD I haven't got problems to care but yeah there is the side of starting now than before any arise. I did buy some protein powder for weightlifting recently, so the change to alter my diet is in the horizon. Need to look into it a bit more.

@Moonface Yeah, I would do that, as long as it's food I like and can reheat it. I did once at a Chinese restaurant where I had leftovers I couldn't finish put into a takeaway box, the initial meal was in the afternoon so I could eat the rest later. But I have to really not have the ability to continue eating and an enough amount to do that. Like of course not a few chips or something. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Have Your Spending Habits Changed? Moonface 6 535 Sep 12th, 2023, 02:30 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai