Assassin's Creed (Series)
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
For the past 15 years or so Assassin's Creed has been one of the world's most popular (and sometimes controversial) games of its time.

Talk about any and all of the games in the series here.
WR91 Offline
Casual
For the past 15 years or so Assassin's Creed has been one of the world's most popular (and sometimes controversial) games of its time.

Talk about any and all of the games in the series here.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The only game I've played from this series is Origins, and at first I enjoyed it but I came back to it after a very long break I just can't get back into it. I think it's just not knowing what is happening anymore and forgetting what I have and haven't done so I just keep feeling like there's no sense of purpose and I'm just wandering around trying to get gripped back into a story that currently has nothing engaging going on.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The only game I've played from this series is Origins, and at first I enjoyed it but I came back to it after a very long break I just can't get back into it. I think it's just not knowing what is happening anymore and forgetting what I have and haven't done so I just keep feeling like there's no sense of purpose and I'm just wandering around trying to get gripped back into a story that currently has nothing engaging going on.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 4th, 2020, 04:20 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You could always watch some gameplay getting back to where you left off to remember the story OR heck, you could just flat out restart the game and experience it from the start.

But dang, the first one you've played was Origins? That's like the 14th game in the series or something like that. How in the world did you manage to avoid playing any of the other games?
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 4th, 2020, 04:20 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You could always watch some gameplay getting back to where you left off to remember the story OR heck, you could just flat out restart the game and experience it from the start.

But dang, the first one you've played was Origins? That's like the 14th game in the series or something like that. How in the world did you manage to avoid playing any of the other games?
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed, as well as its sequel in the 2 era, including Brotherhood and Revelations. However, I wasn't as keen on 3, although I've warmed to it over the years. 4 was an incredible experience, but I lost track again after that. I do own Origins and Odyssey but they are just a little too big for me to dive into.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed, as well as its sequel in the 2 era, including Brotherhood and Revelations. However, I wasn't as keen on 3, although I've warmed to it over the years. 4 was an incredible experience, but I lost track again after that. I do own Origins and Odyssey but they are just a little too big for me to dive into.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 4th, 2020, 04:45 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
The series never interested me, especially when I played Black Flag at a convention and found the combat to be very shallow because it was basically just press one button and the parkour being automatic made me feel the game was just a glorified QTE with no depth to it. It was probably an early area and having played Origins I get there is more to it now, but I only played that because I got it cheap and the setting interested me to just try it, plus it seemed to be the first AC game in a while to not have huge problems.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The series never interested me, especially when I played Black Flag at a convention and found the combat to be very shallow because it was basically just press one button and the parkour being automatic made me feel the game was just a glorified QTE with no depth to it. It was probably an early area and having played Origins I get there is more to it now, but I only played that because I got it cheap and the setting interested me to just try it, plus it seemed to be the first AC game in a while to not have huge problems.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Assassin's Creed was a big reason I got the Xbox 360 as I wanted to play it and didn't find much interest in the PS3 at the time (and I still don't now.)

But ok. To each their own.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Assassin's Creed was a big reason I got the Xbox 360 as I wanted to play it and didn't find much interest in the PS3 at the time (and I still don't now.)

But ok. To each their own.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I loved the original Assassin's Creed when it first came out while I was in middle school. I was super hooked to the story, like literally I inhaled all of that conspiracy plotline with the Assassins vs the Templars. It was always so satisfying finding the smug ringleader and taking him or her down after a long arc of story missions. The flash-forwards to the present-day were always endearing because I was interested in seeing where the conflict end up fitting with Desmond. Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, and Revelations were probably my favorite of the ones I played - I mean, how can you possibly hate Ezio!

AC III was the last one I played, and I think that after so much time invested in the previous four games...well, AC III was supposed to be the payoff. It was meant to be this big sendoff and would finally answer all of the questions and mysteries the story had kept secret from us until this point. What we got instead was a boring main character without a personality, and, to be frank, a very shit ending to a very long series. It was essentially the final season of Game Thrones before Game of Throne made it cool to hate once-loved stories.

I haven't picked up an Assassin's Creed since then. I'm sure there have been some good ones since then, but I guess after being soured the last time I just kind of moved on.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I loved the original Assassin's Creed when it first came out while I was in middle school. I was super hooked to the story, like literally I inhaled all of that conspiracy plotline with the Assassins vs the Templars. It was always so satisfying finding the smug ringleader and taking him or her down after a long arc of story missions. The flash-forwards to the present-day were always endearing because I was interested in seeing where the conflict end up fitting with Desmond. Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, and Revelations were probably my favorite of the ones I played - I mean, how can you possibly hate Ezio!

AC III was the last one I played, and I think that after so much time invested in the previous four games...well, AC III was supposed to be the payoff. It was meant to be this big sendoff and would finally answer all of the questions and mysteries the story had kept secret from us until this point. What we got instead was a boring main character without a personality, and, to be frank, a very shit ending to a very long series. It was essentially the final season of Game Thrones before Game of Throne made it cool to hate once-loved stories.

I haven't picked up an Assassin's Creed since then. I'm sure there have been some good ones since then, but I guess after being soured the last time I just kind of moved on.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
WR91 Offline
Casual
Has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed: Mirage?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,884 Yesterday, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,521 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,741 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 20 1,433 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:42 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,726 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM