Stellar Blade | Post Launch Plans
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Just played the demo for a while and oh. my. GOD.

This game is going to be absolutely glorious. The combat is great, the visuals are great, Eve's assets are great, the music is GREAT. Everything in this demo feels so damn good. This is going to be another legendary god-like game on the levels of NieR Automata.

Also, the reason why the music sound so similar is because the composer who did Automata's music owns a music company and that company did the music for Stellar Blade. While he himself was not involved in the project, obviously the quality of work is going to be similar since its his company running on his standards (which are obviously very high and amazing).

I tried to re-create the issue with debris in the water making the camera get stuck and I couldn't do it. Not sure what happened in your case (perhaps just a random glitch?). No matter how hard I tried to get the camera stuck on something, it just wouldn't happen.

The dodging in this game feels very, very tight. Reminds me a LOT of Lies of P dodging where you have to be pretty precise in the timing, otherwise you're going to eat the hit.

Parrying also seems to be pretty tight, but I did see in the skill tree that there's an upgrade to make it easier, so we'll have to see how much that effects it. Doesn't feel quite as punishing as Lies of P parrying though. The window for Stellar Blade seems bigger than that, though still much smaller than Souls games.

I can see where this game has a lot of Souls inspiration though. Combat is definitely more Automata feeling, but the camps and enemies reviving after resting are obviously Souls-like. Parrying would probably be considered something Souls-like for the game, although a lot of enemies require multiple parries to be able to riposte in this game, rather than getting to riposte after each parry.

The very little I've played of the demo has left such a good taste in my mouth though. I really do think this game is going to blow people away. Korean devs have been absolutely cooking lately. They've gone from only being known for gacha games and pay2win PvP MMOs to coming out with one of the best games of 2023 (Lies of P) and soon coming out with what is definitely going to be a top 3 game for 2024. Hopefully this is an upward trend that continues for years to come.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Just played the demo for a while and oh. my. GOD.

This game is going to be absolutely glorious. The combat is great, the visuals are great, Eve's assets are great, the music is GREAT. Everything in this demo feels so damn good. This is going to be another legendary god-like game on the levels of NieR Automata.

Also, the reason why the music sound so similar is because the composer who did Automata's music owns a music company and that company did the music for Stellar Blade. While he himself was not involved in the project, obviously the quality of work is going to be similar since its his company running on his standards (which are obviously very high and amazing).

I tried to re-create the issue with debris in the water making the camera get stuck and I couldn't do it. Not sure what happened in your case (perhaps just a random glitch?). No matter how hard I tried to get the camera stuck on something, it just wouldn't happen.

The dodging in this game feels very, very tight. Reminds me a LOT of Lies of P dodging where you have to be pretty precise in the timing, otherwise you're going to eat the hit.

Parrying also seems to be pretty tight, but I did see in the skill tree that there's an upgrade to make it easier, so we'll have to see how much that effects it. Doesn't feel quite as punishing as Lies of P parrying though. The window for Stellar Blade seems bigger than that, though still much smaller than Souls games.

I can see where this game has a lot of Souls inspiration though. Combat is definitely more Automata feeling, but the camps and enemies reviving after resting are obviously Souls-like. Parrying would probably be considered something Souls-like for the game, although a lot of enemies require multiple parries to be able to riposte in this game, rather than getting to riposte after each parry.

The very little I've played of the demo has left such a good taste in my mouth though. I really do think this game is going to blow people away. Korean devs have been absolutely cooking lately. They've gone from only being known for gacha games and pay2win PvP MMOs to coming out with one of the best games of 2023 (Lies of P) and soon coming out with what is definitely going to be a top 3 game for 2024. Hopefully this is an upward trend that continues for years to come.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 29th, 2024, 09:43 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Hmm, maybe I was just having some bad luck there. I stopped playing the demo right by that rest spot so maybe I'll go back into that water and see if the issue happens again or not.

The parry window feels wider than it did in LoP even without the upgrade for me, but I'm almost at enough SP to get the bigger parry window so I'll see how it feels once I get that upgrade. I was annoyingly at 99% SP when I got to the second rest stop so I need literally the bare minimum to get another SP. XD

Yeah, it reminds me of Sekiro or LoP where you have to parry an enemy multiple times to trigger a stagger. I do like that in this game it shows you how many times an enemy needs to be parried to become staggered.

Yeah, it's really impressive to see multiple Korean developers putting out games that can hang with the top of their respective genres despite being their first home console entries as well as first entries into the genres too. Hopefully it means we see more developers following that trend and none of them using this blooming positive reputation/trend for the wrong reasons like western AAA developers have done when they jump on a bandwagon.

Seeing someone playing the demo on a stream right now I forgot to mention the difficulty options at the start. I wonder if there's going to be more than just Story and Normal in the final game (even if harder difficulties are unlocked for a NG+ run)? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hmm, maybe I was just having some bad luck there. I stopped playing the demo right by that rest spot so maybe I'll go back into that water and see if the issue happens again or not.

The parry window feels wider than it did in LoP even without the upgrade for me, but I'm almost at enough SP to get the bigger parry window so I'll see how it feels once I get that upgrade. I was annoyingly at 99% SP when I got to the second rest stop so I need literally the bare minimum to get another SP. XD

Yeah, it reminds me of Sekiro or LoP where you have to parry an enemy multiple times to trigger a stagger. I do like that in this game it shows you how many times an enemy needs to be parried to become staggered.

Yeah, it's really impressive to see multiple Korean developers putting out games that can hang with the top of their respective genres despite being their first home console entries as well as first entries into the genres too. Hopefully it means we see more developers following that trend and none of them using this blooming positive reputation/trend for the wrong reasons like western AAA developers have done when they jump on a bandwagon.

Seeing someone playing the demo on a stream right now I forgot to mention the difficulty options at the start. I wonder if there's going to be more than just Story and Normal in the final game (even if harder difficulties are unlocked for a NG+ run)? Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Finished the demo. I need this game to release already. Holy shit. I was already 100,000,000% sold on this game, but this demo has some how increased my hype for the game so much more. Those boss fights were FANTASTIC. The combat in this game is SO satisfying.

Also, the easier parry timing is indeed a significant increase. Made perfect parrying so much easier.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Finished the demo. I need this game to release already. Holy shit. I was already 100,000,000% sold on this game, but this demo has some how increased my hype for the game so much more. Those boss fights were FANTASTIC. The combat in this game is SO satisfying.

Also, the easier parry timing is indeed a significant increase. Made perfect parrying so much easier.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I restarted the demo last night just to show it to @ShiraNoMai, and stopped again at the second rest point. The camera didn't give me as many issues in that one body of water as it did before; the only thing I do notice is if you don't dive fully right away the camera takes a moment to figure out it should go below the water to let you see yourself.

Also I won't be surprised to discover Tachy is somehow alive. I know we see her get her shit rocked and chopped but I never trust someone is truly dead if we don't see the body in the aftermath. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I restarted the demo last night just to show it to @ShiraNoMai, and stopped again at the second rest point. The camera didn't give me as many issues in that one body of water as it did before; the only thing I do notice is if you don't dive fully right away the camera takes a moment to figure out it should go below the water to let you see yourself.

Also I won't be surprised to discover Tachy is somehow alive. I know we see her get her shit rocked and chopped but I never trust someone is truly dead if we don't see the body in the aftermath. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
We do see her body lying on the ground during that scene of Adam racing in to save Eve. Though I agree that I don't think Tachy is actually going to be dead. There's no way they make her design look that good just to kill her off in the first five minutes of the game. Then again, that might not be the exact start of the game and we might have a few hours with Tachy before they kill her off, just so we can get attached to her only for them to rip her away from us.

Guess we'll find out in a month, haha.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
We do see her body lying on the ground during that scene of Adam racing in to save Eve. Though I agree that I don't think Tachy is actually going to be dead. There's no way they make her design look that good just to kill her off in the first five minutes of the game. Then again, that might not be the exact start of the game and we might have a few hours with Tachy before they kill her off, just so we can get attached to her only for them to rip her away from us.

Guess we'll find out in a month, haha.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm sure the demo is the full opening, because it says you'll start the full game right before the boss fight the demo ends with I think. If she somehow doesn't make a return later in the story though then I'd wish we got to play as her to fight the alpha and then whether we lose or win the same cutscene we've already seen plays out.

If she hadn't lost her arm I'd probably be less inclined to think she survived somehow, but it seems to be a trend in games that if someone loses an arm they're magically protected from death no matter what happens to them in the immediate aftermath. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm sure the demo is the full opening, because it says you'll start the full game right before the boss fight the demo ends with I think. If she somehow doesn't make a return later in the story though then I'd wish we got to play as her to fight the alpha and then whether we lose or win the same cutscene we've already seen plays out.

If she hadn't lost her arm I'd probably be less inclined to think she survived somehow, but it seems to be a trend in games that if someone loses an arm they're magically protected from death no matter what happens to them in the immediate aftermath. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The marketing for this game really didn't do it justice; it definitely sold it to an audience they knew they'd attract but I think it undersells it's greatest "assets" which is the gameplay.

Definitely reminds me of the Platinum Games-style action, a la Nier: Automata and Bayonetta, with the latter specifically coming to mind because of the perfect dodges and parrying. However, it does seem to retain more of a focused approach in combat, making it more precise and methodical allowing for input combos.

Anyway looks great. Glad it's not just BOOBA the game.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The marketing for this game really didn't do it justice; it definitely sold it to an audience they knew they'd attract but I think it undersells it's greatest "assets" which is the gameplay.

Definitely reminds me of the Platinum Games-style action, a la Nier: Automata and Bayonetta, with the latter specifically coming to mind because of the perfect dodges and parrying. However, it does seem to retain more of a focused approach in combat, making it more precise and methodical allowing for input combos.

Anyway looks great. Glad it's not just BOOBA the game.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stellar Blade | EVE Character Trailer
Looks like we might be getting brief character trailers in the lead-up to the games release, with EVE being the first one.

Nothing really new in it, but still neat to watch. I did try to find the Korean version but I haven't managed to locate one, so I get the feeling this marketing isn't being done worldwide.

Also I saw comments that there's an input delay on attacks of about 1/10th of a second that the developers have said will be addressed for the games launch. No idea if people found other issues with the demo but if so and the developers are planning to address those too then it sounds like this game will be getting tweaks and refinements post-launch in a similar way to Lies of P, which is comforting to know if that turns out to be the case.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stellar Blade | EVE Character Trailer
Looks like we might be getting brief character trailers in the lead-up to the games release, with EVE being the first one.

Nothing really new in it, but still neat to watch. I did try to find the Korean version but I haven't managed to locate one, so I get the feeling this marketing isn't being done worldwide.

Also I saw comments that there's an input delay on attacks of about 1/10th of a second that the developers have said will be addressed for the games launch. No idea if people found other issues with the demo but if so and the developers are planning to address those too then it sounds like this game will be getting tweaks and refinements post-launch in a similar way to Lies of P, which is comforting to know if that turns out to be the case.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stellar Blade | NG+ and Additional Costumes Coming Post Launch
In a recent interview, game director Kim Hyung has said that Stellar Blade will be receiving a NG+ mode and additional costumes as free updates after the games release. There will also be no microtransactions added to the game except for costume collaborations with another company's IP.

Kim Hyung Wrote:
We want to make it clear at this point that Stellar Blade will not require any additional expenses that gamers are not aware of beyond what they paid for the package. The only exception is if we create collaboration costumes with another company's IP, those may be sold for a fee. Also, there is no New Game+ in the launch version, so please look forward to it being updated very soon.

Source: https://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/read/195030

I'm hoping that the game lacking NG+ at launch means all the trophies can be obtained in a single playthrough. I don't really want to have to restart the game from scratch to get the Platinum unless I want to wait for whenever NG+ drops. I also hope that NG+ coming later means they'll be doing some interesting stuff with it and maybe something good enough to go back and replay the game if I've done everything in it by the time that update comes around.

Not too sure why they'd bother with costume collaborations though. I feel like most players wouldn't care to buy those by the time such things would be added to the game due to moving onto other things by that point. Shrug

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stellar Blade | NG+ and Additional Costumes Coming Post Launch
In a recent interview, game director Kim Hyung has said that Stellar Blade will be receiving a NG+ mode and additional costumes as free updates after the games release. There will also be no microtransactions added to the game except for costume collaborations with another company's IP.

Kim Hyung Wrote:
We want to make it clear at this point that Stellar Blade will not require any additional expenses that gamers are not aware of beyond what they paid for the package. The only exception is if we create collaboration costumes with another company's IP, those may be sold for a fee. Also, there is no New Game+ in the launch version, so please look forward to it being updated very soon.

Source: https://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/read/195030

I'm hoping that the game lacking NG+ at launch means all the trophies can be obtained in a single playthrough. I don't really want to have to restart the game from scratch to get the Platinum unless I want to wait for whenever NG+ drops. I also hope that NG+ coming later means they'll be doing some interesting stuff with it and maybe something good enough to go back and replay the game if I've done everything in it by the time that update comes around.

Not too sure why they'd bother with costume collaborations though. I feel like most players wouldn't care to buy those by the time such things would be added to the game due to moving onto other things by that point. Shrug