Nintendo Direct - September 23, 2021
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is a summary of all the news and announcements from todays Nintendo Direct, as well as a video of the entire presentation if you missed it and wish to watch all the footage in its original format:

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak | Announcement Teaser
Under the moonlight, new threats emerge. Sink your teeth into a teaser for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, a massive paid expansion pack that brings new stories, locales, monsters, hunting actions & quest rank, coming in Summer 2022.

Mario Party Superstars | Trailer
Take a look at three more boards from the Nintendo 64 era that are coming to Mario Party Superstars: Woody Woods, Horror Land, and Yoshi's Tropical Island. Want to play just the minigames? Head to Mt. Minigames for a variety of courses!

Mario Party Superstars releases on October 29, 2021.

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars | Announcement Trailer
Take a first look at this new card-battling RPG by creative director Yoko Taro, that takes place in a world where everything from heroes to towns are represented as cards.

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars releases on October 28, 2021. A free demo is available right now for those interested in trying it out.

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut | Trailer
The hit game Disco Elysium is coming to Nintendo Switch with The Final Cut, and will release digitally on October 12, 2021. A physical edition of the game will be releasing in early 2022.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity | Expansion Pass Wave 2 DLC Trailer
Take a look at what's coming in the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Wave 2: Guardians of Remembrance expansion on October 29, 2021.

Chocobo GP | Announcement Trailer
Ready… Set… CHOCOBO! A racing experience featuring Chocobo and Final Fantasy characters comes to Nintendo Switch! Race across familiar Final Fantasy and Chocobo tracks, and use special character abilities and Magicites to speed past the competition.

Chocobo GP races exclusively onto Nintendo Switch in 2022.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Discussion Thread
The final character reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be revealed in a special stream on October 5, where Sakurai will also show the complete break down of the characters move set and other features. Who do you hope it will be?

Kirby and the Forgotten Land | Announcement Trailer
In this new unforgettable 3D platforming adventure, Kirby explores a mysterious world full of abandoned structures from a past civilization. What surprises await the pink puffball?

Kirby and the Forgotten Land releases in Spring 2022.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Direct Announcement | Discussion Thread
Tune in to a special Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct in October showcasing the new content coming to the game in November. So far Brewster has been confirmed to be part of the update, but what else are you hoping to see added to the game?

Mario Golf: Super Rush | Update Trailer
Two new characters are making their way onto the course! Dash onto the green and into victory with Koopa Troopa, or use Ninji’s blinding speed to make quick work of your opponents. Additionally, two new courses – Blustery Basin and Spiky Palms – are also coming to the game! All of this new content is available right now at no charge!

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition | Trailer
An updated version of Disney Magical World 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch this Holiday!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic | Trailer
If you can't wait for the recently announced remake and want to take the original experience on the go, then you'll be able to do that when Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comes to Nintendo Switch on November 11, 2021!

Dying Light 2: Stay Human | Cloud Version Trailer | Discussion Thread
Dying Light 2: Stay Human will release on Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming on February 4, 2022. The original Dying Light will be releasing with its Platinum Edition for Nintendo Switch on October 19, 2021.

Triangle Strategy | Trailer
Check out the various changes that have been made to Triangle Strategy based on player feedback from the free demo earlier this year.

Triangle Strategy releases for Nintendo Switch on March 4, 2022.

Metroid Dread | Sounds of Dread Trailer
Prepare yourself for the sounds of Dread in this newest trailer for Metroid Dread, releasing for Nintendo Switch on October 8, 2021.

Nintendo Switch Online | Discussion Thread
Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online via a new paid subscription tier! Check out all the details and share your thoughts in the respective discussion thread linked above.

Shadowrun Trilogy Collection | Trailer
Return to the three Shadowrun games with this new collection coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022.

Castlevania Advance Collection | Trailer
The classic Castlevania collection from the GameBoy Advance are coming to Nintendo Switch, complete with rewind features - launching later today.

Actraiser: Renaissance | Reveal Trailer
The SNES classic returns with the enhanced edition of Actraiser, available today on Nintendo Switch.

Animated Mario Movie | Cast Announcement
Remember that animated Mario movie Nintendo was working on? Neither did I, but it'll be releasing in theatres for Holiday 2022, with North America having a confirmed date of December 21, 2022. Furthermore, Miyamoto announced the cast for the movie:
  • Chris Pratt as Mario
  • Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach
  • Charlie Day as Luigi
  • Jack Black as Bowser
  • Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
  • Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong
  • Kevin Michael Richards as Kamek
  • Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
  • Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike
As you can see, Charles Martinet will not be voicing Mario. However, he will be making various cameo appearances throughout the movie.

Splatoon 3 | Discussion Thread
Take a look at some of the new weapons coming to Splatoon 3, and get a glimpse at the games single player story mode, over in our dedicated discussion thread for the game!

Bayonetta 3 | Gameplay Trailer
You’ve waited long enough. The witch. Is. BACK! A new-look Bayonetta returns to battle foes with her signature Witch Time! This time, she’ll wield her new Demon Masquerade ability to channel the power of demons and engage in larger-than-life action.

Bayonetta 3 will be released in 2022.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is a summary of all the news and announcements from todays Nintendo Direct, as well as a video of the entire presentation if you missed it and wish to watch all the footage in its original format:

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak | Announcement Teaser
Under the moonlight, new threats emerge. Sink your teeth into a teaser for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, a massive paid expansion pack that brings new stories, locales, monsters, hunting actions & quest rank, coming in Summer 2022.

Mario Party Superstars | Trailer
Take a look at three more boards from the Nintendo 64 era that are coming to Mario Party Superstars: Woody Woods, Horror Land, and Yoshi's Tropical Island. Want to play just the minigames? Head to Mt. Minigames for a variety of courses!

Mario Party Superstars releases on October 29, 2021.

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars | Announcement Trailer
Take a first look at this new card-battling RPG by creative director Yoko Taro, that takes place in a world where everything from heroes to towns are represented as cards.

Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars releases on October 28, 2021. A free demo is available right now for those interested in trying it out.

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut | Trailer
The hit game Disco Elysium is coming to Nintendo Switch with The Final Cut, and will release digitally on October 12, 2021. A physical edition of the game will be releasing in early 2022.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity | Expansion Pass Wave 2 DLC Trailer
Take a look at what's coming in the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Wave 2: Guardians of Remembrance expansion on October 29, 2021.

Chocobo GP | Announcement Trailer
Ready… Set… CHOCOBO! A racing experience featuring Chocobo and Final Fantasy characters comes to Nintendo Switch! Race across familiar Final Fantasy and Chocobo tracks, and use special character abilities and Magicites to speed past the competition.

Chocobo GP races exclusively onto Nintendo Switch in 2022.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Discussion Thread
The final character reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be revealed in a special stream on October 5, where Sakurai will also show the complete break down of the characters move set and other features. Who do you hope it will be?

Kirby and the Forgotten Land | Announcement Trailer
In this new unforgettable 3D platforming adventure, Kirby explores a mysterious world full of abandoned structures from a past civilization. What surprises await the pink puffball?

Kirby and the Forgotten Land releases in Spring 2022.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Direct Announcement | Discussion Thread
Tune in to a special Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct in October showcasing the new content coming to the game in November. So far Brewster has been confirmed to be part of the update, but what else are you hoping to see added to the game?

Mario Golf: Super Rush | Update Trailer
Two new characters are making their way onto the course! Dash onto the green and into victory with Koopa Troopa, or use Ninji’s blinding speed to make quick work of your opponents. Additionally, two new courses – Blustery Basin and Spiky Palms – are also coming to the game! All of this new content is available right now at no charge!

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition | Trailer
An updated version of Disney Magical World 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch this Holiday!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic | Trailer
If you can't wait for the recently announced remake and want to take the original experience on the go, then you'll be able to do that when Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comes to Nintendo Switch on November 11, 2021!

Dying Light 2: Stay Human | Cloud Version Trailer | Discussion Thread
Dying Light 2: Stay Human will release on Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming on February 4, 2022. The original Dying Light will be releasing with its Platinum Edition for Nintendo Switch on October 19, 2021.

Triangle Strategy | Trailer
Check out the various changes that have been made to Triangle Strategy based on player feedback from the free demo earlier this year.

Triangle Strategy releases for Nintendo Switch on March 4, 2022.

Metroid Dread | Sounds of Dread Trailer
Prepare yourself for the sounds of Dread in this newest trailer for Metroid Dread, releasing for Nintendo Switch on October 8, 2021.

Nintendo Switch Online | Discussion Thread
Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online via a new paid subscription tier! Check out all the details and share your thoughts in the respective discussion thread linked above.

Shadowrun Trilogy Collection | Trailer
Return to the three Shadowrun games with this new collection coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022.

Castlevania Advance Collection | Trailer
The classic Castlevania collection from the GameBoy Advance are coming to Nintendo Switch, complete with rewind features - launching later today.

Actraiser: Renaissance | Reveal Trailer
The SNES classic returns with the enhanced edition of Actraiser, available today on Nintendo Switch.

Animated Mario Movie | Cast Announcement
Remember that animated Mario movie Nintendo was working on? Neither did I, but it'll be releasing in theatres for Holiday 2022, with North America having a confirmed date of December 21, 2022. Furthermore, Miyamoto announced the cast for the movie:
  • Chris Pratt as Mario
  • Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach
  • Charlie Day as Luigi
  • Jack Black as Bowser
  • Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
  • Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong
  • Kevin Michael Richards as Kamek
  • Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
  • Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike
As you can see, Charles Martinet will not be voicing Mario. However, he will be making various cameo appearances throughout the movie.

Splatoon 3 | Discussion Thread
Take a look at some of the new weapons coming to Splatoon 3, and get a glimpse at the games single player story mode, over in our dedicated discussion thread for the game!

Bayonetta 3 | Gameplay Trailer
You’ve waited long enough. The witch. Is. BACK! A new-look Bayonetta returns to battle foes with her signature Witch Time! This time, she’ll wield her new Demon Masquerade ability to channel the power of demons and engage in larger-than-life action.

Bayonetta 3 will be released in 2022.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Didn't really care about much out of this Direct, but that isn't very surprising for me.

Voice of Cards is something to keep my eye on, solely because of Yoko Taro being involved. Though I tend to dislike card based RPGs, but I'll see how it ends up looking.

New Kirby game could be neat. I'll check out the trailer tomorrow after I get off of work.

Triangle Strategy is obviously always worth checking out. I haven't watched the trailer yet to see what the changes are, but hopefully it's nothing too drastic. Would hate to see the game get ruined because a bunch of idiots who can't use their brains for two seconds were crying about the game being "2 HERD!!!!!" So as long as the changes aren't making the game significantly easier for the babies, everything should be okay.

N64 and Genesis games coming to NSO is pretty yawn inducing, especially since they want to make you pay more for access to them. I'll check out what games are coming in the first wave, but I'm expecting pretty uninspiring choices. Probably going to be a very hard pass on this one. Give me GBA games already.

Will post updated opinions once I watch all the trailers for this stuff.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Didn't really care about much out of this Direct, but that isn't very surprising for me.

Voice of Cards is something to keep my eye on, solely because of Yoko Taro being involved. Though I tend to dislike card based RPGs, but I'll see how it ends up looking.

New Kirby game could be neat. I'll check out the trailer tomorrow after I get off of work.

Triangle Strategy is obviously always worth checking out. I haven't watched the trailer yet to see what the changes are, but hopefully it's nothing too drastic. Would hate to see the game get ruined because a bunch of idiots who can't use their brains for two seconds were crying about the game being "2 HERD!!!!!" So as long as the changes aren't making the game significantly easier for the babies, everything should be okay.

N64 and Genesis games coming to NSO is pretty yawn inducing, especially since they want to make you pay more for access to them. I'll check out what games are coming in the first wave, but I'm expecting pretty uninspiring choices. Probably going to be a very hard pass on this one. Give me GBA games already.

Will post updated opinions once I watch all the trailers for this stuff.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2021, 09:08 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Most of the changes are quality of life. Difficulty modes were added but it went both ways, with some wanting the game harder and others easier.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2021, 09:08 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Most of the changes are quality of life. Difficulty modes were added but it went both ways, with some wanting the game harder and others easier.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, that's good then. Glad to hear that I'll hopefully get a difficult SRPG experience out of the game. I'm still very excited for the game, as it greatly reminds me of SRPGs from the glory days like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. I'm just worried about getting the game on Switch though. Twice now Square Enix has fucked me over by releasing a game I really wanted on the Switch that I bought, only to later announce a port for PC.

As you may remember, there was the famous me going out and buying a Switch to play Octopath Traveler, only for SE to announce a PC port of the game two weeks later. The most recent one was them announcing a PC port for Bravely Default II. So now I'm just like... do I buy this on Switch so I can play it right away, or do I wait for the probable PC port to come later? Of course I could just say screw it and get it on both the Switch and then double dip on Steam later. Which is what I'll probably do because a game like this is 110% going to be worth double dipping on.

Also I saw that Voice of Cards will also be on PS, so that increases the odds of me getting it. If it was just on Switch, I'd probably have put it off for a long while, eventually forgetting it even existed.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, that's good then. Glad to hear that I'll hopefully get a difficult SRPG experience out of the game. I'm still very excited for the game, as it greatly reminds me of SRPGs from the glory days like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. I'm just worried about getting the game on Switch though. Twice now Square Enix has fucked me over by releasing a game I really wanted on the Switch that I bought, only to later announce a port for PC.

As you may remember, there was the famous me going out and buying a Switch to play Octopath Traveler, only for SE to announce a PC port of the game two weeks later. The most recent one was them announcing a PC port for Bravely Default II. So now I'm just like... do I buy this on Switch so I can play it right away, or do I wait for the probable PC port to come later? Of course I could just say screw it and get it on both the Switch and then double dip on Steam later. Which is what I'll probably do because a game like this is 110% going to be worth double dipping on.

Also I saw that Voice of Cards will also be on PS, so that increases the odds of me getting it. If it was just on Switch, I'd probably have put it off for a long while, eventually forgetting it even existed.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot that Voice of Cards has a demo and I'll probably try it tomorrow just to see what I think of it. I've never really been interested in card games but the unique style of this one managed to catch my eye.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot that Voice of Cards has a demo and I'll probably try it tomorrow just to see what I think of it. I've never really been interested in card games but the unique style of this one managed to catch my eye.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I thought this was a fairly above-average Direct, compared to their last few ones IMO

I think the most memorable thing from this direct has to be that wild cast for the animated Mario film coming out. This is pretty much exactly how I reacted:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I thought this was a fairly above-average Direct, compared to their last few ones IMO

I think the most memorable thing from this direct has to be that wild cast for the animated Mario film coming out. This is pretty much exactly how I reacted:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh man, the cast for the Mario movie, what? Completely left field, what made me think they were going to try and actually have Martinet play Mario and Luigi in this? At least he is appearing in there somewhere. I also had a similar reaction to the reveals, thanks god this isn't live action again. XD The film seems to be heavily towards comedy, hope it can be pulled off but might turn out to be so bad it's good? But not in the way the bad is usually portrayed as that kind of way but having some moments are genuinely funny, but it's bad because it's not exactly Mario? XD I dunno, we'll see in over a year's time.

As for the rest of the Direct, wasn't overly hyped because I wasn't watching live but Triangle Strategy was the best bit for myself again, Mario Party Superstars also still looks good. Has there been a full 3D Kirby game before and not 2D/3D? Thinking about trying out Voice Of Cards demo just to see what it's like. Ah Final Fantasy Mario Kart-like racer with it's more cartoonish characters? Not bad. Might need to drop Metroid Dread off my interest list as I think too much is on there at the moment and don't know when I'll be giving my Switch proper attention. Actually I need to type that list out so I know what's on there...

N64 and Genesis getting put on the Switch is good but not like this, if only it was just added on to the current Online price so it's more incentive to buy the membership. I know that was probably the obvious way it was going to be done, but damn. Hopefully the extra price isn't too much.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh man, the cast for the Mario movie, what? Completely left field, what made me think they were going to try and actually have Martinet play Mario and Luigi in this? At least he is appearing in there somewhere. I also had a similar reaction to the reveals, thanks god this isn't live action again. XD The film seems to be heavily towards comedy, hope it can be pulled off but might turn out to be so bad it's good? But not in the way the bad is usually portrayed as that kind of way but having some moments are genuinely funny, but it's bad because it's not exactly Mario? XD I dunno, we'll see in over a year's time.

As for the rest of the Direct, wasn't overly hyped because I wasn't watching live but Triangle Strategy was the best bit for myself again, Mario Party Superstars also still looks good. Has there been a full 3D Kirby game before and not 2D/3D? Thinking about trying out Voice Of Cards demo just to see what it's like. Ah Final Fantasy Mario Kart-like racer with it's more cartoonish characters? Not bad. Might need to drop Metroid Dread off my interest list as I think too much is on there at the moment and don't know when I'll be giving my Switch proper attention. Actually I need to type that list out so I know what's on there...

N64 and Genesis getting put on the Switch is good but not like this, if only it was just added on to the current Online price so it's more incentive to buy the membership. I know that was probably the obvious way it was going to be done, but damn. Hopefully the extra price isn't too much.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As crazy as some of the casting for the Mario movie is, the amount of protection Nintendo gives its IP's makes me hope that the casting will actually be okay and very fitting. It is weird that Martinet isn't doing any of the voice roles, but I'm hoping there was a good reason for it and that he wasn't shafted in favour of slapping a big Hollywood name onto Mario to draw more people in. I wonder if the movie is getting a Japanese voice cast or if it's just going to be in English with subtitles for other regions? Hmm

I tried out Voice of Cards and my thoughts on it were given in Last Game Played so I won't repeat it here.

The new Kirby game looks neat and I might get it when it comes out, depending on whether it's actually worth $60 or if it's just a $40 game with a $60 Nintendo price tag on it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As crazy as some of the casting for the Mario movie is, the amount of protection Nintendo gives its IP's makes me hope that the casting will actually be okay and very fitting. It is weird that Martinet isn't doing any of the voice roles, but I'm hoping there was a good reason for it and that he wasn't shafted in favour of slapping a big Hollywood name onto Mario to draw more people in. I wonder if the movie is getting a Japanese voice cast or if it's just going to be in English with subtitles for other regions? Hmm

I tried out Voice of Cards and my thoughts on it were given in Last Game Played so I won't repeat it here.

The new Kirby game looks neat and I might get it when it comes out, depending on whether it's actually worth $60 or if it's just a $40 game with a $60 Nintendo price tag on it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I finally got around to watching the trailers for Voice of Card and Triangle Strategy.

Voice of Cards - Gameplay does look a little meh from the trailer preview, but the character art, story and music is probably going to be enough to get me to buy this game anyways.

Triangle Strategy - Game is looking better and better. Hard mode is super awesome (just hope it's actually slam your face into a brick wall repeatedly levels of difficult), and the other improvements seem good. Can't wait to play this one, though I might sadly hold off on the Switch release for the inevitable Steam release down the road, as I mentioned before. They got me on Octopath Traveler and Bravely Default II. Not gonna let it happen again here.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I finally got around to watching the trailers for Voice of Card and Triangle Strategy.

Voice of Cards - Gameplay does look a little meh from the trailer preview, but the character art, story and music is probably going to be enough to get me to buy this game anyways.

Triangle Strategy - Game is looking better and better. Hard mode is super awesome (just hope it's actually slam your face into a brick wall repeatedly levels of difficult), and the other improvements seem good. Can't wait to play this one, though I might sadly hold off on the Switch release for the inevitable Steam release down the road, as I mentioned before. They got me on Octopath Traveler and Bravely Default II. Not gonna let it happen again here.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 6th, 2021, 08:31 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I tried out Voice of Cards and overall was not impressed by it. Most of the problem lied in the gameplay for me: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.p...1#pid18391

I really hope a demo for Triangle Strategy comes out eventually. Square seem pretty good with doing demos for their games lately and even though I expect I'd buy the game anyway, I'd still love to get my hands on it earlier. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 6th, 2021, 08:31 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I tried out Voice of Cards and overall was not impressed by it. Most of the problem lied in the gameplay for me: https://universalgaming.net/showthread.p...1#pid18391

I really hope a demo for Triangle Strategy comes out eventually. Square seem pretty good with doing demos for their games lately and even though I expect I'd buy the game anyway, I'd still love to get my hands on it earlier. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Partner Direct - Feb. 21, 2024 Moonface 8 200 Mar 14th, 2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Sues Yuzu; $2.4m Settlement Agreed Moonface 6 168 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:08 AM
Last Post: shadow
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 31 4,689 Feb 21st, 2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 33 8,314 Jan 26th, 2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Nintendo Direct - September 14, 2023 Moonface 3 398 Sep 14th, 2023, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL