What's Something You'd Never Do or Want to Experience Again?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Jan 22nd, 2023, 07:13 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah I don't have any desire to try out paintball, never did nor reading about your experience incite any feelings in me to try it either. So good point in saying how it can hurt or just end up being a camping behind an obstacle game.

I tried it once, and it just wasn't for me... I have a Stormtrooper aim Tongue .

In fact, I was quite relieved when I got hit, and didn't have to play any more!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah I don't have any desire to try out paintball, never did nor reading about your experience incite any feelings in me to try it either. So good point in saying how it can hurt or just end up being a camping behind an obstacle game.

I tried it once, and it just wasn't for me... I have a Stormtrooper aim Tongue .

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I...may be convinced to play that again, given the right circumstances. It was fun when you got a clutch moment, for sure, but yeah definitely other than that, the gains you'd get versus the many L's you'd get isn't a pretty fair get tbh
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I...may be convinced to play that again, given the right circumstances. It was fun when you got a clutch moment, for sure, but yeah definitely other than that, the gains you'd get versus the many L's you'd get isn't a pretty fair get tbh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I likely wouldn't have tried it if not for the fact a friend wanted to give it a go for their birthday, since they had never done it and since no one else in our group had, it was pretty even in terms of skill. It only became actually scary when two absolute pros got placed in with our group of six and went up against all of us, but I opted to surrender when I felt screwed so as to not take a hit. Tongue

(Jan 23rd, 2023, 12:48 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Well, it doesn't help that the guns have awful aim themselves. Our instructor outright told us that the sight on top of the gun was purely cosmetic and would not indicate where your shot would land accurately.
Did the place you go paintballing have a surrender rule or were you forced to take a hit to get out?

(Jan 23rd, 2023, 05:48 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Eh, the adrenaline at times is neat but I feel you could get it just as easily with something like airsoft which isn't going to leave your skin feeling like you were given some old-school corporal punishment with a belt. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I likely wouldn't have tried it if not for the fact a friend wanted to give it a go for their birthday, since they had never done it and since no one else in our group had, it was pretty even in terms of skill. It only became actually scary when two absolute pros got placed in with our group of six and went up against all of us, but I opted to surrender when I felt screwed so as to not take a hit. Tongue

(Jan 23rd, 2023, 12:48 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Well, it doesn't help that the guns have awful aim themselves. Our instructor outright told us that the sight on top of the gun was purely cosmetic and would not indicate where your shot would land accurately.
Did the place you go paintballing have a surrender rule or were you forced to take a hit to get out?

(Jan 23rd, 2023, 05:48 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Eh, the adrenaline at times is neat but I feel you could get it just as easily with something like airsoft which isn't going to leave your skin feeling like you were given some old-school corporal punishment with a belt. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's Something You'd Like To Experience? Moonface 7 1,141 May 12th, 2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Was Your Experience of 9/11/2001? Moonface 15 7,957 Jul 13th, 2022, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Moonface