Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
What on Earth was I thinking, half my life ago? I tell ya what it was, I was suspended from another forum, got bored with nothing to do online, found another forum then said screw it, I want to try this thing out myself. What I wouldn't believe back then is that it's still here today, albeit with big changes and little ones, and with it the best bunch of people to call it's members and my buddies here who joined on the day or along the way. Grin Thank you all so much, and let's keep this rowdy teenager in check. Most certainly no alcohol for this kid, both myself and UG. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
What on Earth was I thinking, half my life ago? I tell ya what it was, I was suspended from another forum, got bored with nothing to do online, found another forum then said screw it, I want to try this thing out myself. What I wouldn't believe back then is that it's still here today, albeit with big changes and little ones, and with it the best bunch of people to call it's members and my buddies here who joined on the day or along the way. Grin Thank you all so much, and let's keep this rowdy teenager in check. Most certainly no alcohol for this kid, both myself and UG. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Happy Birthday, UG!

It has been really cool.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Happy Birthday, UG!

It has been really cool.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, jebus, and I think I joined, what, ten years ago, now?! Good lord, that's insane to think about. I can only hope I've delighted and entertained and been a decent person along the way.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, jebus, and I think I joined, what, ten years ago, now?! Good lord, that's insane to think about. I can only hope I've delighted and entertained and been a decent person along the way.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy birthday Universal Gaming and here to many more!

Now just because your a teenager doesn't mean you know it all!

Be better than us UG be better than us!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy birthday Universal Gaming and here to many more!

Now just because your a teenager doesn't mean you know it all!

Be better than us UG be better than us!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 15th, 2021, 05:37 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
You originally joined on April 19, 2010. So roughly eleven and a half years. Wink

@Karo: Well it hasn't claimed to be anything's boyfriend or girlfriend yet so it already has that over most of us who were here for that wonderful piece of history. Creep

I feel like there's a lot I could say, but I'll keep it as short and sweet as I can. To every single person who has been part of this community during its 15 year tenure, thank you. It genuinely means the world to me that you guys come here, whether it's been since day one or whenever you joined us. There are even people here who I would personally consider lifetime friends. ^_^

If you're curious of all the things that have happened over these 15 years, I will be going over the entire history of the community throughout the month in a dedicated thread I hope to get started today, or on Monday as I don't think I'd be able to decently work on it over the weekend as I'm not going to be at home. I was originally hoping to have the entire history documented by today and dump it all at once, but the staff suggested I don't overwork myself on it and that I also don't overwhelm everybody with an information dump that I'm not even sure can fit into a single post. Tongue

Halloween Birthday Bash will also start within the next week, and it'll feature even bigger prizes than Summer Meltdown did, and a lot more activities too, including a few new ones. Smile

I am also planning on giving out some free gifts to everybody too, but I don't want to say what they'll be yet because I'm still trying to decide what exactly I want them to be.

Finally, happy anniversary to Elite SmashBash Luigi Forums. Better known today as Universal Gaming. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 15th, 2021, 05:37 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
You originally joined on April 19, 2010. So roughly eleven and a half years. Wink

@Karo: Well it hasn't claimed to be anything's boyfriend or girlfriend yet so it already has that over most of us who were here for that wonderful piece of history. Creep

I feel like there's a lot I could say, but I'll keep it as short and sweet as I can. To every single person who has been part of this community during its 15 year tenure, thank you. It genuinely means the world to me that you guys come here, whether it's been since day one or whenever you joined us. There are even people here who I would personally consider lifetime friends. ^_^

If you're curious of all the things that have happened over these 15 years, I will be going over the entire history of the community throughout the month in a dedicated thread I hope to get started today, or on Monday as I don't think I'd be able to decently work on it over the weekend as I'm not going to be at home. I was originally hoping to have the entire history documented by today and dump it all at once, but the staff suggested I don't overwork myself on it and that I also don't overwhelm everybody with an information dump that I'm not even sure can fit into a single post. Tongue

Halloween Birthday Bash will also start within the next week, and it'll feature even bigger prizes than Summer Meltdown did, and a lot more activities too, including a few new ones. Smile

I am also planning on giving out some free gifts to everybody too, but I don't want to say what they'll be yet because I'm still trying to decide what exactly I want them to be.

Finally, happy anniversary to Elite SmashBash Luigi Forums. Better known today as Universal Gaming. ROFL
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Dude, I joined forever ago!

I can't believe it has been three years already! And to think I found this place through looking at Moony's profile on the ZB Support Forum.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

I can't believe it has been three years already! And to think I found this place through looking at Moony's profile on the ZB Support Forum.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2021, 01:07 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Oh that's right you saw it on there! Did you have a board back then that you were on the support forum for?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Oh that's right you saw it on there! Did you have a board back then that you were on the support forum for?
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Oct 16th, 2021, 02:22 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, I was Co-Admin of a Watership Down forum called "Fiver's Honeycomb" and had used the support forum sparingly at the time.

It was pure luck that I managed to see *your* profile among the hundreds that were posting on the TT-roasting thread.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Oct 16th, 2021, 02:22 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, I was Co-Admin of a Watership Down forum called "Fiver's Honeycomb" and had used the support forum sparingly at the time.

It was pure luck that I managed to see *your* profile among the hundreds that were posting on the TT-roasting thread.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Oct 15th, 2021, 07:05 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Ugh, how I wish I spent a bit more time on the original name and not just slap my two usernames at the time together, even though I go by SmashBashEL now on other formats, but I prefer that over the super long username, and of course I most certainly prefer Universal Gaming now over the two previous names. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

Ugh, how I wish I spent a bit more time on the original name and not just slap my two usernames at the time together, even though I go by SmashBashEL now on other formats, but I prefer that over the super long username, and of course I most certainly prefer Universal Gaming now over the two previous names. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My shared birthday twin, happy 15th! Grin

No one should remember what I was like back then, nope!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My shared birthday twin, happy 15th! Grin

No one should remember what I was like back then, nope!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 16th, 2021, 02:52 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Ah. Yeah, I was very quickly on that thread because I was one of the staff telling Brandon behind closed doors not to rush out an announcement without including answers to questions we were still waiting to have answered that we had asked ourselves, and then suddenly saw him throw up an announcement publicly with nothing included that was strongly suggested to him and I and the other staff who were present wanted to keep the fire under control and try to give answers as best and quickly as we could given that Brandon was clearly not going to do it. I had already been telling a few board owners behind closed doors about the impending announcement (such as Kyng) and dealing with the questions that brought to me, so that thread was just doing it on steroids. I was also hoping Brandon was going to actually answer things we couldn't because as a board owner I wanted the answers as much as everyone else did.

(Oct 16th, 2021, 02:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Just you wait when you see how you set up the board index when you first opened this place too. Shifty

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah. Yeah, I was very quickly on that thread because I was one of the staff telling Brandon behind closed doors not to rush out an announcement without including answers to questions we were still waiting to have answered that we had asked ourselves, and then suddenly saw him throw up an announcement publicly with nothing included that was strongly suggested to him and I and the other staff who were present wanted to keep the fire under control and try to give answers as best and quickly as we could given that Brandon was clearly not going to do it. I had already been telling a few board owners behind closed doors about the impending announcement (such as Kyng) and dealing with the questions that brought to me, so that thread was just doing it on steroids. I was also hoping Brandon was going to actually answer things we couldn't because as a board owner I wanted the answers as much as everyone else did.

Just you wait when you see how you set up the board index when you first opened this place too. Shifty
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Oct 17th, 2021, 03:04 AM)Moonface Wrote:

That was literarily the most stressful time I had as a board owner and a key reason for me to step down soon thereafter.

Every online moment was spent on staff meetings, rumors and panicking over losing +10 years of board history. Not cool, man.

And looking back at my very first post on UG from those days, I'm thankful you didn't outright ban my ass XD I must have come across as a madman taking about salvation, but I really wanted to approach as many board owners as possible with that little-known solution that had saved my forum.

What a shitshow XD
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

That was literarily the most stressful time I had as a board owner and a key reason for me to step down soon thereafter.

Every online moment was spent on staff meetings, rumors and panicking over losing +10 years of board history. Not cool, man.

And looking back at my very first post on UG from those days, I'm thankful you didn't outright ban my ass XD I must have come across as a madman taking about salvation, but I really wanted to approach as many board owners as possible with that little-known solution that had saved my forum.

What a shitshow XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just went looking for the post you're referring to @Nightingale and I honestly can't find anything bad about it, let alone anything worth banning over. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just went looking for the post you're referring to @Nightingale and I honestly can't find anything bad about it, let alone anything worth banning over. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

No, you wouldn't! D= Ah no, I think I know how it kind of went but ugh, seeing it is going haunt me. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

No, you wouldn't! D= Ah no, I think I know how it kind of went but ugh, seeing it is going haunt me. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 17th, 2021, 09:08 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I could wait for the history thread but screw it, I feel like this has to be shared now now. Tongue
That's not necessarily the order you had it but that is the closest I've managed to get in putting together how the index was right at the start. Thankfully the ACP has history logs of forum areas which is how I got the names. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 17th, 2021, 09:08 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I could wait for the history thread but screw it, I feel like this has to be shared now now. Tongue
That's not necessarily the order you had it but that is the closest I've managed to get in putting together how the index was right at the start. Thankfully the ACP has history logs of forum areas which is how I got the names. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gaming of 2018 Celebration Moonface 1 3,161 Feb 5th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL