Game Details You (Maybe) Didn't Notice?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was taking a trip through random pages on the Red Dead Redemption Wiki and ended up on one about the undead that appear in the Undead Nightmare DLC, and in the characteristics section I saw a neat detail about them that I never knew about:

Red Dead Redemption Wiki Wrote:
When playing as Zombie Marston during the single player campaign, the Undead will often ignore the player completely, or slowly approach the player in a non-threatening manner, almost as if it was curious. Upon getting in arms reach, they will attack, but wont sprint and give chase if the player attempts to escape. Sprinting around them will quickly draw more attention to the player, so it is recommended to walk when in their direct presence. Any violent action done in their presence will send them into a frenzy and make them attack the player as they did when Marston was alive as a normal human.

Also, here's some from the old UG that I came across when looking to see if this thread existed there but not here when I felt like this thread had been made before (but these aren't from that UG's version of this thread mind you):

The clouds and bushes in Super Mario Bros. are the same object, but recoloured.
[Image: 465px-Mariobros-bushes.png]

The gym layout of Goldenrod City in Pokémon Gold/Silver resembles a Clefairy.
[Image: Pokemon-GSC-Johto-GoldenrodCity-Gym.png]
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was taking a trip through random pages on the Red Dead Redemption Wiki and ended up on one about the undead that appear in the Undead Nightmare DLC, and in the characteristics section I saw a neat detail about them that I never knew about:

Red Dead Redemption Wiki Wrote:
When playing as Zombie Marston during the single player campaign, the Undead will often ignore the player completely, or slowly approach the player in a non-threatening manner, almost as if it was curious. Upon getting in arms reach, they will attack, but wont sprint and give chase if the player attempts to escape. Sprinting around them will quickly draw more attention to the player, so it is recommended to walk when in their direct presence. Any violent action done in their presence will send them into a frenzy and make them attack the player as they did when Marston was alive as a normal human.

Also, here's some from the old UG that I came across when looking to see if this thread existed there but not here when I felt like this thread had been made before (but these aren't from that UG's version of this thread mind you):

The clouds and bushes in Super Mario Bros. are the same object, but recoloured.
[Image: 465px-Mariobros-bushes.png]

The gym layout of Goldenrod City in Pokémon Gold/Silver resembles a Clefairy.
[Image: Pokemon-GSC-Johto-GoldenrodCity-Gym.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
In LoZ: OoT once Link makes his way into the spot where he's supposed to meet Zelda, if you look in the windows you can see posters of Mario flying (or wings in his hat), Yoshi, and some other posters if you look into them.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
In LoZ: OoT once Link makes his way into the spot where he's supposed to meet Zelda, if you look in the windows you can see posters of Mario flying (or wings in his hat), Yoshi, and some other posters if you look into them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2024, 03:12 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I never knew this, and I went to look up an image of it to see it myself and saw that Nintendo just like to put references to Mario in various Zelda games for people to catch (albeit some are super obvious).

I suspect this one is probably well known but because I didn't know it for quite a long time I'll share it anyway; in the Spyro series, Ripto is named as such because the Japanese symbols for Spyro's name resemble the word Ripto. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2024, 03:12 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I never knew this, and I went to look up an image of it to see it myself and saw that Nintendo just like to put references to Mario in various Zelda games for people to catch (albeit some are super obvious).

I suspect this one is probably well known but because I didn't know it for quite a long time I'll share it anyway; in the Spyro series, Ripto is named as such because the Japanese symbols for Spyro's name resemble the word Ripto. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
スパイロ

...hmm. Looks like it could be Zipto than Ripto if you ask me Shrug Also "Japanese symbols" you could at least call them characters if you don't know they're katakana Tongue

Yoshi's Woolly World makes so many small details to their soft/woolly theme and nods to the original Yoshi's Island games. One of my favorites is their re-inclusion of the original Yoshi's Island easter egg on the 3-8 (4-8 in this game)'s boss, Naval Piranha, where you can shoot the small plant before it "awakens" when you approach it and it'll instantly kill the boss. In Woolly, they acknowledged this but because of the game's mechanics, the yarn balls only "trap" the sleeping piranha and not kill it instantly. You get a unique dialogue prompt that resembles the initial reaction from Kamek in Island.

[Image: YWW-NavalPiranha-OhMy.jpg]
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
スパイロ

...hmm. Looks like it could be Zipto than Ripto if you ask me Shrug Also "Japanese symbols" you could at least call them characters if you don't know they're katakana Tongue

Yoshi's Woolly World makes so many small details to their soft/woolly theme and nods to the original Yoshi's Island games. One of my favorites is their re-inclusion of the original Yoshi's Island easter egg on the 3-8 (4-8 in this game)'s boss, Naval Piranha, where you can shoot the small plant before it "awakens" when you approach it and it'll instantly kill the boss. In Woolly, they acknowledged this but because of the game's mechanics, the yarn balls only "trap" the sleeping piranha and not kill it instantly. You get a unique dialogue prompt that resembles the initial reaction from Kamek in Island.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 4th, 2024, 09:30 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
スパイロ

The box art makes it look very different to what you typed out:

[Image: AjpD0Mb.png]

That's a really neat detail. I feel like it's rare for a developer to acknowledge something niche like that that was discovered in a previous game. The only other instance I know of for it is the recent Tomb Raider I-III Remastered where some of the trophies are for doing old exploits that got discovered in the originals.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
スパイロ

The box art makes it look very different to what you typed out:

[Image: AjpD0Mb.png]

That's a really neat detail. I feel like it's rare for a developer to acknowledge something niche like that that was discovered in a previous game. The only other instance I know of for it is the recent Tomb Raider I-III Remastered where some of the trophies are for doing old exploits that got discovered in the originals.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
13 years after it released, someone has discovered that you can destroy ATM's for 10,000 credits and medical stations for Stasis Packs in Dead Space 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadSpace/s/NOylnUREbO

Going by the reactions it seems nobody else knew this was a thing either, including a developer who worked on the game apparently.

I always love when someone discovers a detail in a game years after its release. More so when developers either didn't know about the detail, forgot about it, or just assumed it was never going to get found.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
13 years after it released, someone has discovered that you can destroy ATM's for 10,000 credits and medical stations for Stasis Packs in Dead Space 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadSpace/s/NOylnUREbO

Going by the reactions it seems nobody else knew this was a thing either, including a developer who worked on the game apparently.

I always love when someone discovers a detail in a game years after its release. More so when developers either didn't know about the detail, forgot about it, or just assumed it was never going to get found.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Games You Didn't Play Because You Watched Them? Moonface 2 352 Nov 11th, 2023, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Games You Planned To Get, But Didn't Moonface 4 3,601 Sep 28th, 2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Games You Didn't Finish Moonface 5 3,853 Sep 28th, 2020, 11:36 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface