Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For anyone who has made a purchase on Steam within the past year, you can enter a giveaway for a chance to win a Steam Deck during The Game Awards:
I already entered because given that The Game Awards run for a fair amount of time, that's a lot of chances to win. I'll be surprised if I get picked considering how many people will probably enter but it doesn't hurt to try. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
For anyone who has made a purchase on Steam within the past year, you can enter a giveaway for a chance to win a Steam Deck during The Game Awards:
I already entered because given that The Game Awards run for a fair amount of time, that's a lot of chances to win. I'll be surprised if I get picked considering how many people will probably enter but it doesn't hurt to try. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Registered!

also this guy is very cute:

[Image: aefc5c9d2624d4aee949caef5a30739acb9ef481.png]
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Registered!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 2nd, 2022, 06:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Registered!

He gets happy when you play with his joystick. Shifty

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 2nd, 2022, 06:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Registered!

He gets happy when you play with his joystick. Shifty
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, I don't have PS+ Premium or Extra (I don't have PS+ at all but I digress) but the line-up Sony is putting out for it this month is actually bonkers: PS+ Premium/Extra Game Catalog Line-up

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
  • Horizon Forbidden West | PS4, PS5
  • The Quarry | PS4, PS5
  • Resident Evil 7 | PS4
  • Outriders | PS4, PS5
  • Scarlet Nexus | PS4, PS5
  • Borderlands 3 | PS4, PS5
  • Tekken 7 | PS4
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown | PS4
  • Earth Defense Force 5 | PS4
  • Oninaki | PS4
  • Lost Sphear | PS4
  • I Am Setsuna | PS4
  • The Forgotten City | PS4, PS5
PlayStation Premium | Classics
  • The Legend of Dragoon | PS1
  • Wild Arms 2 | PS1
  • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature | PS1
  • Destroy All Humans! | PS4
I don't normally give much attention to the additions to Premium/Extra but this one caught my eye with some of the additions. Nice to see something like Legend of Dragoon getting some love since I know a lot of people are fond of that game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, I don't have PS+ Premium or Extra (I don't have PS+ at all but I digress) but the line-up Sony is putting out for it this month is actually bonkers: PS+ Premium/Extra Game Catalog Line-up

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
  • Horizon Forbidden West | PS4, PS5
  • The Quarry | PS4, PS5
  • Resident Evil 7 | PS4
  • Outriders | PS4, PS5
  • Scarlet Nexus | PS4, PS5
  • Borderlands 3 | PS4, PS5
  • Tekken 7 | PS4
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown | PS4
  • Earth Defense Force 5 | PS4
  • Oninaki | PS4
  • Lost Sphear | PS4
  • I Am Setsuna | PS4
  • The Forgotten City | PS4, PS5
PlayStation Premium | Classics
  • The Legend of Dragoon | PS1
  • Wild Arms 2 | PS1
  • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature | PS1
  • Destroy All Humans! | PS4
I don't normally give much attention to the additions to Premium/Extra but this one caught my eye with some of the additions. Nice to see something like Legend of Dragoon getting some love since I know a lot of people are fond of that game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Horizon FW being the top game there is a pretty solid pick. It'll be a year old this month, so those who haven't got a chance to play last year cuz of Elden Ring get to play it now, and (arguably) free.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Horizon FW being the top game there is a pretty solid pick. It'll be a year old this month, so those who haven't got a chance to play last year cuz of Elden Ring get to play it now, and (arguably) free.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 16th, 2023, 04:17 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's also significantly faster than the offering was for Zero Dawn, which wasn't given away until May 2021, almost four years after it released. The only key difference is that Sony offered that game for free to everyone and not just PS+ subscribers. Probably also a good way to boost interest in the DLC that comes out in April and potentially generate more sales of that.

Also for anyone who would like to play Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms 2, or Harvest Moon: Back to Nature on PS4 or PS5 but doesn't want to subscribe to PS+ Extra or PS+ Premium, turns out these games are available as a standalone purchase on the PS Store in European markets, and will likely be the same when the PS+ February line-up goes live in North America. I'd be really interested in seeing the numbers for LoD based on sales and PS+ downloads and whether it turns out to be a significant number or not.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 16th, 2023, 04:17 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's also significantly faster than the offering was for Zero Dawn, which wasn't given away until May 2021, almost four years after it released. The only key difference is that Sony offered that game for free to everyone and not just PS+ subscribers. Probably also a good way to boost interest in the DLC that comes out in April and potentially generate more sales of that.

Also for anyone who would like to play Legend of Dragoon, Wild Arms 2, or Harvest Moon: Back to Nature on PS4 or PS5 but doesn't want to subscribe to PS+ Extra or PS+ Premium, turns out these games are available as a standalone purchase on the PS Store in European markets, and will likely be the same when the PS+ February line-up goes live in North America. I'd be really interested in seeing the numbers for LoD based on sales and PS+ downloads and whether it turns out to be a significant number or not.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, you can buy them as standalone games for the US store too. Thanks to having purchased the PS1 version of LoD on PS3 many years ago, I actually got to download it for PS4/PS5 for free, so very nice that I didn't have to pay for it again.

I'm pretty excited to get to replay LoD with trophies though. I'm just sad they didn't make the trophy list a true 100% completion. Too many games now days set the bar at like 70-80% completion for the platinum instead of going full 100%, which is really shitty.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, you can buy them as standalone games for the US store too. Thanks to having purchased the PS1 version of LoD on PS3 many years ago, I actually got to download it for PS4/PS5 for free, so very nice that I didn't have to pay for it again.

I'm pretty excited to get to replay LoD with trophies though. I'm just sad they didn't make the trophy list a true 100% completion. Too many games now days set the bar at like 70-80% completion for the platinum instead of going full 100%, which is really shitty.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 24th, 2023, 08:32 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Take notes, Nintendo. This is how you deal with past online purchases on the same accounts across various generations of your consoles. ROFL

Speaking of game's on subscription services, Octopath is leaving Game Pass in a few days, and I haven't finished it yet  Nooo
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 24th, 2023, 08:32 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Take notes, Nintendo. This is how you deal with past online purchases on the same accounts across various generations of your consoles. ROFL

Speaking of game's on subscription services, Octopath is leaving Game Pass in a few days, and I haven't finished it yet  Nooo
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, there's only 7 days left, so I figured I should spread the word. In response to the Turkey-Syria Earthquakes, Humble Bundle has a bundle that donates virtually all proceeds (basically, the only thing that gets missed is because of a rounding error if your donation is not divisble by 3) towards charities that are aiding those affected there. The minimum purchase amount is 30 dollars, and if you do purchase the bundle for at least the minimum purchase amount, you are given over 70 items to redeem whenever you want, including but not limited to:
  • Gotham Knights
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition
  • System Shock 1 and 2
  • Two Rulebooks for Starfinder (Core Rulebook and Junker's Delight)
  • Cris Tales
  • Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
  • Ghostrunner
  • Backbone
  • Mount & Blade: Warband (developed in Turkey)
  • Remnants of Nazeith (developed in Turkey)
  • ...And much, much more

You can get the bundle by following this link. The deal ends Wednesday, March 8th, at 9 PM Eastern Time.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, there's only 7 days left, so I figured I should spread the word. In response to the Turkey-Syria Earthquakes, Humble Bundle has a bundle that donates virtually all proceeds (basically, the only thing that gets missed is because of a rounding error if your donation is not divisble by 3) towards charities that are aiding those affected there. The minimum purchase amount is 30 dollars, and if you do purchase the bundle for at least the minimum purchase amount, you are given over 70 items to redeem whenever you want, including but not limited to:
  • Gotham Knights
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition
  • System Shock 1 and 2
  • Two Rulebooks for Starfinder (Core Rulebook and Junker's Delight)
  • Cris Tales
  • Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
  • Ghostrunner
  • Backbone
  • Mount & Blade: Warband (developed in Turkey)
  • Remnants of Nazeith (developed in Turkey)
  • ...And much, much more

You can get the bundle by following this link. The deal ends Wednesday, March 8th, at 9 PM Eastern Time.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I remember seeing Humble mention they were working on a bundle to aid Turkey/Syria in the wake of the earthquakes but hadn't heard anything since to know that bundle had been finalized. Alas, there's practically nothing in that bundle that I'm interested in, which tends to be the case with most bundles I look at from Humble. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I remember seeing Humble mention they were working on a bundle to aid Turkey/Syria in the wake of the earthquakes but hadn't heard anything since to know that bundle had been finalized. Alas, there's practically nothing in that bundle that I'm interested in, which tends to be the case with most bundles I look at from Humble. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steam Spring Sale 2023
For anyone not aware yet, the Steam Spring Sale 2023 is live until March 23rd. Not only are games on sale as normal, but this year also marks the first time Steam will be offering the Steam Deck at a discount with 10% off all versions.

Anyone buying anything for this or planning to? I never really think of buying anything up-front for these sales and tend to impulse buy stuff (as I feel most people do for Steam sales) but I did remember that RE4 inventory game @Maniakkid25 mentioned in the inventory thread and although it's super cheap to begin with, decided to grab it now since it got a small discount from this sale. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steam Spring Sale 2023
For anyone not aware yet, the Steam Spring Sale 2023 is live until March 23rd. Not only are games on sale as normal, but this year also marks the first time Steam will be offering the Steam Deck at a discount with 10% off all versions.

Anyone buying anything for this or planning to? I never really think of buying anything up-front for these sales and tend to impulse buy stuff (as I feel most people do for Steam sales) but I did remember that RE4 inventory game @Maniakkid25 mentioned in the inventory thread and although it's super cheap to begin with, decided to grab it now since it got a small discount from this sale. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |  Expansion Available for Free Until May 8
I assume that @Maniakkid25 and @Karo probably already have this but in the event either of you don't or someone else here plays this game and lacks this expansion, the Stormblood expansion for Final Fantasy XIV is free to redeem until May 8:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |  Expansion Available for Free Until May 8
I assume that @Maniakkid25 and @Karo probably already have this but in the event either of you don't or someone else here plays this game and lacks this expansion, the Stormblood expansion for Final Fantasy XIV is free to redeem until May 8:
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
For those that don't know how FFXIV's expansion scheme works if you buy a DLC, you automatically get all the DLC prior to it for free, so this also gives you Heavensward for free as well.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
For those that don't know how FFXIV's expansion scheme works if you buy a DLC, you automatically get all the DLC prior to it for free, so this also gives you Heavensward for free as well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PlayStation Days of Play 2023 Sale
Sony has announced the dates for this year's Days of Play sale, which will begin on June 2 at 12:01 AM until June 12 at 11:59 PM local time in each region. Items on sale will include:
  • 25% off all PS+ plans and upgrades
  • Select games and accessories via PlayStation Direct
  • 20% off select Playstation Gear merch
  • Select digital games via PlayStation Store
Further details will be given when the sale officially begins, but it's worth checking out the PS Blog post for the posted discount codes: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/29/...on-june-2/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PlayStation Days of Play 2023 Sale
Sony has announced the dates for this year's Days of Play sale, which will begin on June 2 at 12:01 AM until June 12 at 11:59 PM local time in each region. Items on sale will include:
  • 25% off all PS+ plans and upgrades
  • Select games and accessories via PlayStation Direct
  • 20% off select Playstation Gear merch
  • Select digital games via PlayStation Store
Further details will be given when the sale officially begins, but it's worth checking out the PS Blog post for the posted discount codes: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/29/...on-june-2/
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Good to know but there's nothing I'm considering to buy within that time anyway, not even 25% off for a PS+ which does sound good if I were getting that often but just haven't needed one for a good while now.

Now if Nintendo did something similar for the Switch then yes, I probably would. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Good to know but there's nothing I'm considering to buy within that time anyway, not even 25% off for a PS+ which does sound good if I were getting that often but just haven't needed one for a good while now.

Now if Nintendo did something similar for the Switch then yes, I probably would. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface