Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 23rd, 2022, 07:32 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Anyone here planning to grab anything from this year's Summer Steam Sale? @Karo just made me aware it starts today in about 30 minutes.

I'm not sure if it's on sale but if it is I might grab Deep Rock Galactic, since @ShiraNoMai has been playing that recently and she told me it was a really good L4D style game but with elements of Minecraft, so I'm intrigued about it. Smile

It's on sale for just under $10 now, which is the price I paid for it too! Definitely worth the money, if you ask me. 

Considering picking up FFVI, even if it's only a 20% discount. I never finished my playthrough on my SNES Classic but I feel like it's gonna be hard to come back to that version.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Anyone here planning to grab anything from this year's Summer Steam Sale? @Karo just made me aware it starts today in about 30 minutes.

I'm not sure if it's on sale but if it is I might grab Deep Rock Galactic, since @ShiraNoMai has been playing that recently and she told me it was a really good L4D style game but with elements of Minecraft, so I'm intrigued about it. Smile

It's on sale for just under $10 now, which is the price I paid for it too! Definitely worth the money, if you ask me. 

Considering picking up FFVI, even if it's only a 20% discount. I never finished my playthrough on my SNES Classic but I feel like it's gonna be hard to come back to that version.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 24th, 2022, 04:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Ooh, compared to the normal $30 price tag that's a really good deal! I need to remember to buy it before the sale ends. Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 24th, 2022, 04:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Ooh, compared to the normal $30 price tag that's a really good deal! I need to remember to buy it before the sale ends. Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone who's a fan of Resident Evil and wants to get a good deal on a lot of the games, Humble Bundle is currently doing a "Resident Evil Decades of Horror" bundle which includes up to 11 games. There are three different tiers to the bundle:

Pay at least $1
  • Resident Evil Remastered
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1
Pay at least $10
  • Resident Evil 0 Remastered
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe Edition
Pay at least $30
  • Resident Evil Remastered
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
  • Resident Evil Village - 50% off coupon
If you're interested, you can grab any of those bundles here: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/resid...des-horror
The "Resident Evil Decades of Horror" bundle will be available for the next 12 days.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone who's a fan of Resident Evil and wants to get a good deal on a lot of the games, Humble Bundle is currently doing a "Resident Evil Decades of Horror" bundle which includes up to 11 games. There are three different tiers to the bundle:

Pay at least $1
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1
Pay at least $10
  • Resident Evil 6
Pay at least $30
  • Resident Evil Remastered
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
  • Resident Evil Village - 50% off coupon
If you're interested, you can grab any of those bundles here: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/resid...des-horror
The "Resident Evil Decades of Horror" bundle will be available for the next 12 days.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Don't know if there are any Mafia fans here, but if not you might still be interested in this upcoming giveaway:

As the tweet says, the original Mafia will be free to receive on Steam from September 1 until September 5. I might grab it just to have it even if I never end up playing it, since free shit is free shit. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Don't know if there are any Mafia fans here, but if not you might still be interested in this upcoming giveaway:

As the tweet says, the original Mafia will be free to receive on Steam from September 1 until September 5. I might grab it just to have it even if I never end up playing it, since free shit is free shit. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Speaking before of Resident Evil, 2K put up a Bundle on Humble Bundle featuring literally $600+ of games, including!
  • Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe (which is most of the DLC, not all. At least I don't think it is)
  • All the XCOM games that exist (both new and old! Not The Bureau. No one wants that)
  • Civilization 6
  • Bioshock: the Collection
  • And more!

All for 16 bucks! Bundle is available until sept 21st at 9 pm at the following link: 
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/2k-megahits
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Speaking before of Resident Evil, 2K put up a Bundle on Humble Bundle featuring literally $600+ of games, including!
  • Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe (which is most of the DLC, not all. At least I don't think it is)
  • All the XCOM games that exist (both new and old! Not The Bureau. No one wants that)
  • Civilization 6
  • Bioshock: the Collection
  • And more!

All for 16 bucks! Bundle is available until sept 21st at 9 pm at the following link: 
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/2k-megahits
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man I wish there were bundles for console games on Humble. I'd have a much higher chance of playing some of the stuff they offer but I'm awful at doing that on PC. I've started Darkest Dungeon like three times now and I barely get past the first few levels before just forgetting to go back. XD

Also I'm curious, what's wrong with The Bureau @Maniakkid25?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man I wish there were bundles for console games on Humble. I'd have a much higher chance of playing some of the stuff they offer but I'm awful at doing that on PC. I've started Darkest Dungeon like three times now and I barely get past the first few levels before just forgetting to go back. XD

Also I'm curious, what's wrong with The Bureau @Maniakkid25?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uh, it sucks? Granted, I've never played it, but from what I hear, its basically a mediocre Mass Effect with a thin veneer of XCOM on it. It's meant to be an origin story for the eponymous organization, but everyone pretty much ignores it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Uh, it sucks? Granted, I've never played it, but from what I hear, its basically a mediocre Mass Effect with a thin veneer of XCOM on it. It's meant to be an origin story for the eponymous organization, but everyone pretty much ignores it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For fans of Square Enix games, there's currently a sale on a lot of their games on Humble Bundle for TGS:

Most notably, Octopath Traveler 2 (Steam) can be pre-ordered for 50% off, as shown in the tweet embed.

Edit: OT2 was not supposed to be in the deal and was an error, thus it has been removed from the sale.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For fans of Square Enix games, there's currently a sale on a lot of their games on Humble Bundle for TGS:

Most notably, Octopath Traveler 2 (Steam) can be pre-ordered for 50% off, as shown in the tweet embed.

Edit: OT2 was not supposed to be in the deal and was an error, thus it has been removed from the sale.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Thought that sounded a bit mad, getting a pre-order of a new upcoming game for half the price. I'd honestly still go for a physical version though regardless. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Thought that sounded a bit mad, getting a pre-order of a new upcoming game for half the price. I'd honestly still go for a physical version though regardless. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The black modern Xbox controller is $39 if you want something for your PC:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The black modern Xbox controller is $39 if you want something for your PC:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steam has announced the dates for their Autumn/Winter/Spring Sales:
I never knew Steam gave out the dates for their notable sales far in advance; I'm used to hearing about a big sale coming up like a week or two beforehand. Unsure

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steam has announced the dates for their Autumn/Winter/Spring Sales:
I never knew Steam gave out the dates for their notable sales far in advance; I'm used to hearing about a big sale coming up like a week or two beforehand. Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't say I've known Steam to outright state their dates, but people have known for years generally when they would typically do their "x" sale. The buzz you hear around it comes from people realizing it's about the time of year for them to push the sales out.

Interesting they're moving away from Lunar New Year, and just going for the completely vanilla "Spring" option. Wonder what made them change that?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't say I've known Steam to outright state their dates, but people have known for years generally when they would typically do their "x" sale. The buzz you hear around it comes from people realizing it's about the time of year for them to push the sales out.

Interesting they're moving away from Lunar New Year, and just going for the completely vanilla "Spring" option. Wonder what made them change that?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2022, 04:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Maybe it's because there's not a reason beyond an easy theme to pick that particular New Year holiday over any other New Year event? And/or they wanted to try and have a more universal set of sale events/themes?
Looking at the dates though I think it's just because the Lunar New Year sale falls too close to the Winter Sale and it makes sense to axe it in favour of just having four seasonal themed sales.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2022, 04:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Maybe it's because there's not a reason beyond an easy theme to pick that particular New Year holiday over any other New Year event? And/or they wanted to try and have a more universal set of sale events/themes?
Looking at the dates though I think it's just because the Lunar New Year sale falls too close to the Winter Sale and it makes sense to axe it in favour of just having four seasonal themed sales.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not a typical giveaway, but I just saw this tweet from PlayStation with codes for three dynamic Ghost of Tsushima PS4 themes:

Sucks that I don't really have a use for them since I have my PS5 (which lacks themes Sad ) but I'll still redeem these just to have them in case maybe one day PS4 themes get brought over to PS5.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not a typical giveaway, but I just saw this tweet from PlayStation with codes for three dynamic Ghost of Tsushima PS4 themes:

Sucks that I don't really have a use for them since I have my PS5 (which lacks themes Sad ) but I'll still redeem these just to have them in case maybe one day PS4 themes get brought over to PS5.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
With Black Friday only a week away in the US, some information on particular deals is starting to come out. Walmart has a couple of pages showing the deals they will be having:
  1. https://t.co/TG1yMfBfUh
  2. https://t.co/2clZuQ8NZk
The second is the better of the two but because I don't know if the first link has anything different on it I decided to share both. Wink

As for deals I have my eyes on, I might try to get the following:
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) - $20
  • Dying Light 2 (PS5) - $20
  • Elden Ring (PS5) - $35
  • Horizon Forbidden West (PS5) - $35

Other sales I've come across while writing this post:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
With Black Friday only a week away in the US, some information on particular deals is starting to come out. Walmart has a couple of pages showing the deals they will be having:
  1. https://t.co/TG1yMfBfUh
  2. https://t.co/2clZuQ8NZk
The second is the better of the two but because I don't know if the first link has anything different on it I decided to share both. Wink

As for deals I have my eyes on, I might try to get the following:
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) - $20
  • Dying Light 2 (PS5) - $20
  • Elden Ring (PS5) - $35
  • Horizon Forbidden West (PS5) - $35

Other sales I've come across while writing this post:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 779 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,916 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface