Poll: Do You Think PS+ Will Ever Go To $70?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
16.67%
1 16.67%
No
0%
0 0%
Maybe
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do You Think PS+ Will Ever Go To $70?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
PlayStation Plus is currently $60, and has been that way since it was first introduced if I'm not mistaken. That price matches the cost of what a game used to be before the introduction of a $70 price point this generation, and I was wondering if Sony would eventually consider raising the price of PS+ to match the price of the games or if it'll stick at $60 for a lot longer.

If you don't recall, Microsoft tried to outright double the price of Xbox Live Gold back at the start of the year to $120, and it got shot down and reverted back to the $60 price point. $70 games have had a mixed reception generally, but that price is clearly here to stay, at least on PlayStation since I don't think other systems are doing that unless the game is third party, which I don't count as being something the hardware company has a part of.

If Sony did ever hike the price of PS+ to $70 a year, would you continue to use the service or would you drop it unless you had use for it with a game that has online you want to play for a brief period before putting it down for the next big release?

I know Microsoft haven't raised their game prices yet (and I doubt they will, unless they do it to push more people to Game Pass), but for those on Xbox would you pay $70 for Gold? I know this thread mostly focuses on PS+ but that's just because Sony have already begun setting a precedent of putting prices up and succeeding whereas Microsoft hasn't tried it barring the aforementioned Gold price hike.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
PlayStation Plus is currently $60, and has been that way since it was first introduced if I'm not mistaken. That price matches the cost of what a game used to be before the introduction of a $70 price point this generation, and I was wondering if Sony would eventually consider raising the price of PS+ to match the price of the games or if it'll stick at $60 for a lot longer.

If you don't recall, Microsoft tried to outright double the price of Xbox Live Gold back at the start of the year to $120, and it got shot down and reverted back to the $60 price point. $70 games have had a mixed reception generally, but that price is clearly here to stay, at least on PlayStation since I don't think other systems are doing that unless the game is third party, which I don't count as being something the hardware company has a part of.

If Sony did ever hike the price of PS+ to $70 a year, would you continue to use the service or would you drop it unless you had use for it with a game that has online you want to play for a brief period before putting it down for the next big release?

I know Microsoft haven't raised their game prices yet (and I doubt they will, unless they do it to push more people to Game Pass), but for those on Xbox would you pay $70 for Gold? I know this thread mostly focuses on PS+ but that's just because Sony have already begun setting a precedent of putting prices up and succeeding whereas Microsoft hasn't tried it barring the aforementioned Gold price hike.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm in the "maybe" camp, but hopefully Sony has been paying attention the extreme backlash from the Nintendo community after the $30 price increase for NSO.

If they do increase the price to $70, hopefully they'll realize they need to add a little more to PS+ to make it worth it. Either buy offering a few additional games every month, or just increase the quality of the games PS+ offers for free. Rarely do you see any big name AAA Games being given away. The last one probably being FFVII Remake back in... March, was it?

Anyways, I don't think it'll happen any time soon, but if it does, hopefully they implement a way to make the $10 increase worth it to the players.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm in the "maybe" camp, but hopefully Sony has been paying attention the extreme backlash from the Nintendo community after the $30 price increase for NSO.

If they do increase the price to $70, hopefully they'll realize they need to add a little more to PS+ to make it worth it. Either buy offering a few additional games every month, or just increase the quality of the games PS+ offers for free. Rarely do you see any big name AAA Games being given away. The last one probably being FFVII Remake back in... March, was it?

Anyways, I don't think it'll happen any time soon, but if it does, hopefully they implement a way to make the $10 increase worth it to the players.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Since I've barely or not at all used online gaming recently that requires subscription, both for my PS4 (curently don't have PS+) and Switch (currently have just over a month left on NSO), I'm leaning towards I wouldn't get a full year most certainly if it is bumped up to $70, er...£60 I assume for UK. They dare do that thing where the UK price goes even closer to the US' and make it £65, then heck no. I'll accept the 10 increase if there's more for everyone on PS Plus, even if I won't be interested, similar to what DL said but ultimately I hope the higher price won't happen yet.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Since I've barely or not at all used online gaming recently that requires subscription, both for my PS4 (curently don't have PS+) and Switch (currently have just over a month left on NSO), I'm leaning towards I wouldn't get a full year most certainly if it is bumped up to $70, er...£60 I assume for UK. They dare do that thing where the UK price goes even closer to the US' and make it £65, then heck no. I'll accept the 10 increase if there's more for everyone on PS Plus, even if I won't be interested, similar to what DL said but ultimately I hope the higher price won't happen yet.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If it happened, I expect it would be when Sony starts offering more expensive PS5 games through PS+. So far most if not all of the games are cheaper ones or just nothing notable, but eventually there's going to be bigger things going into that service. Of course much like the N64 games on Switch, whether a $10 increase for better PS5 PS+ games is good or not is going to depend on whether the individual thinks the games being offered are actually worth the extra price.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If it happened, I expect it would be when Sony starts offering more expensive PS5 games through PS+. So far most if not all of the games are cheaper ones or just nothing notable, but eventually there's going to be bigger things going into that service. Of course much like the N64 games on Switch, whether a $10 increase for better PS5 PS+ games is good or not is going to depend on whether the individual thinks the games being offered are actually worth the extra price.