Universal Gaming
Favorite Quotes - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Favorite Quotes (/showthread.php?tid=104)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Favorite Quotes - queenzelda - Jun 21st, 2018

"All we have to do now
Is take these lies and make them true somehow
All we have to see
Is that I don't belong to you
And you don't belong to me yeah yeah." Freedom '90 - George Micahel

Kefka- FFVI
"Phooey! Emperor Gesthal's stupid orders! Edgar, you pinhead! Why do you have to live in the middle of a stinking desert?!? These recon jobs are the pits! ...AHEM! There's SAND on my boots!"

"Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!"

"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do?"

—Maduin FFVI: "How can we know for sure... unless we... try for ourselves...?" (With the whole thing of humans & Espers coexisting together in the game.)

RE: Favorite Quotes - Nightingale - Jun 22nd, 2018

"I activate my credit card!" ~ if Yu-Gi-Oh! Was Made by EA (look it up - it's great).

RE: Favorite Quotes - Nightingale - Jul 7th, 2018

"Ahh - Portalis Exilus! Or the common doorway. See, I'm not a wizard for nothing, you know!" ~ Rincewind (Discworld).

RE: Favorite Quotes - Nemomon - Jul 23rd, 2018

There are two I quite like, one it's from Mega Man Zero 4:

"Hmph... Another Reploid War? First the Maverick Wars, then the Elf Wars, now Weil... How long does this world have to suffer while you carry out your petty wars?"

In the Mega Man ZX Advent there is a funny boss with a guitar that says interesting stuff:

"I see you pushed your way through all of those Mavericks to get a special front row seat to watch me perform. That's pretty Mega of you, Mega Man Model A. I'm Vulturon. I play the part of the prince who kisses Model Ws and wakes them up!"

"Not so fast, that's where the VIP seats are. I'm afraid you can't go in there. What do you say we start the show? I'll play the guitar, and you'll sing the vocals. I'm looking forward to the finale as you scream your last breath!"

"What! This was supposed to be Mega's death concert, not mine! Aaaaagggghh!"

"You'll be getting the VIP treatment this time... I have a special requiem for you!"

"I'm going to retire... Now it's up to you... Carry on with the show... Give 'em a Mega performance..."

RE: Favorite Quotes - lp0 on fire - Jul 23rd, 2018

*wilhelm scream*

"I got a bad feeling about this"

Both are basically going to be/should be in any star wars movie.

RE: Favorite Quotes - Maniakkid25 - Sep 3rd, 2018

"For a world so unaccepting, you'd be surprised who does the unacceptable."
-Caley, Demon Candy: Parallel, Chapter 9

RE: Favorite Quotes - WR91 - Jul 13th, 2022

"Facts don't care about your feelings." - Ben Shapiro

"If you don't stand for something, then you will fall for anything." - Me

RE: Favorite Quotes - Moonface - Jul 16th, 2022

(Jun 19th, 2018, 07:25 PM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
I'm really into Darkest Dungeon at the moment, so all of the memorable ones to me are from it.

"Slowly. Gently. This is how a life is taken."

"Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue."

"You cannot learn a thing you think you know."
Having seen a lot of this game since this post was made, DD has so many memorable quotes, elevated greatly by the voice of the narrator saying them. Grin

This quote by Meowth is probably the best quote in all of Pokémon:
Meowth Wrote:
We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of what's different... well, who knows.

RE: Favorite Quotes - Moonface - Apr 22nd, 2023

Just saw this quoted on Reddit in response to a question about being worried of going to hell and just really liked this, even if I doubt this guy said this exact quote:
Marcus Aurelius Wrote:
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."