What was the worst incident of spoilers that ever happened to you?
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
What was your worst experience ever of having someone spoil a game for you?
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
What was your worst experience ever of having someone spoil a game for you?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've never had someone directly spoil a game for me, but I did get spoiled heavily for The Last of Us Part II. At the time I read them, I thought it was partly fake because of the amount of detail in them and the final act of the game in text-form looked completely unnecessary and unbelievable. Turned out the entire thing was correct but because of the slight disbelief I had with them at first there were parts of the playthrough where I was still shocked by or not fond of certain stuff that happens, so it didn't necessarily ruin the experience entirely for me. The largest plot spoiler of the game didn't really spoil anything for me because I knew that was guaranteed to happen and the opening cutscene practically confirms it happens before it reaches that point in the story.

Otherwise, any time I've seen spoilers I generally seek them out myself because I don't care enough about knowing some things about certain games before I play them. Not that I've managed to get into them but I would never give a shit about being exposed to spoilers for any of the Pokémon games, for example.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've never had someone directly spoil a game for me, but I did get spoiled heavily for The Last of Us Part II. At the time I read them, I thought it was partly fake because of the amount of detail in them and the final act of the game in text-form looked completely unnecessary and unbelievable. Turned out the entire thing was correct but because of the slight disbelief I had with them at first there were parts of the playthrough where I was still shocked by or not fond of certain stuff that happens, so it didn't necessarily ruin the experience entirely for me. The largest plot spoiler of the game didn't really spoil anything for me because I knew that was guaranteed to happen and the opening cutscene practically confirms it happens before it reaches that point in the story.

Otherwise, any time I've seen spoilers I generally seek them out myself because I don't care enough about knowing some things about certain games before I play them. Not that I've managed to get into them but I would never give a shit about being exposed to spoilers for any of the Pokémon games, for example.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best/Worst DLC? Moonface 2 59 Apr 13th, 2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Worst (Cyber) Attack to a Game Company? Moonface 4 331 Dec 22nd, 2023, 07:29 PM
  Worst Game Launch? Moonface 24 18,766 Sep 7th, 2022, 08:28 PM
  Best/Worst Sections in Games Moonface 14 9,737 Jul 14th, 2022, 01:23 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Best/Worst Licensed Soundtracks? Moonface 11 5,172 Dec 19th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25