Feelings on Your Extended/Distant Relatives?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,261
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Eres Dominicano!

Yeah I wonder about the future like that with kids. I realized earlier this week that our kids will never have first cousins. My brother and sister-in-law are not having kids, and Moony's brother has a very low chance of having kids himself.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,261 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Eres Dominicano!

Yeah I wonder about the future like that with kids. I realized earlier this week that our kids will never have first cousins. My brother and sister-in-law are not having kids, and Moony's brother has a very low chance of having kids himself.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Aug 6th, 2023, 11:44 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Eres Dominicano!

My sisters are actually not having kids either at all. Sooooo it's my cousins having them. I'm not about to get all technical with my kids about titles. My cousins' kids are your cousins. fuck it. lmao. There's a few more they've already met but they're a bit farther to get to so they hang out on roblox or on video most of the time
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
Eres Dominicano!

My sisters are actually not having kids either at all. Sooooo it's my cousins having them. I'm not about to get all technical with my kids about titles. My cousins' kids are your cousins. fuck it. lmao. There's a few more they've already met but they're a bit farther to get to so they hang out on roblox or on video most of the time
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,699
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 6th, 2023, 12:55 AM)Monocle Wrote:
(Aug 3rd, 2023, 11:00 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I feel like it should be obvious but what does "the ones in Dr." mean? My mind can't see Dr. as anything other than doctor nor can I think of what place that might be referring to. Doh

Also, aww at the black sheep thing. I can't relate fully myself but I have seen that sort of stuff first hand with how my mum was treated by her parents and siblings. Some of the stuff I've heard from my parents about that stuff makes me question how the hell they didn't cut contact the second they got married. Errm

oh lmao. Dominican Republic. I'm Dominican-Puerto Rican. Most of my mother's family is still on the island. My father's side he cut off himself. Complicated nonsense but my paternal grandmother was a raging bitch. 

I did cut everyone off for years but my kids didn't have any family and I don't think it's my cousins' faults or their kids. So I've been trying to reconnect for the sake of my own kids.
Ah, yeah I'd have never guessed that because I rarely hear that place mentioned even in full. XD
Also good for you on putting aside any views you have to give your kids a chance to form their own views/relationships with your extended family. I hope it works out well for them and also maybe lets you have some better bonds with whatever family you reconnected with. ^_^

Eres Dominicano!

I'd be surprised if our kids had any relationship with any cousins they have, however removed those cousins end up being. I know for a fact that if any of my cousins have kids I would have less than zero interest in it, to the point I doubt I'd even care to hear the news of any of them having kids in the first place. Errm

(Aug 10th, 2023, 10:56 AM)Monocle Wrote:
I'm not about to get all technical with my kids about titles. My cousins' kids are your cousins. fuck it. lmao.
This would be me but primarily because I'm awful at figuring out or remembering titles beyond the simple stuff of aunt, cousin, uncle, etc. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,699 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 6th, 2023, 12:55 AM)Monocle Wrote:
(Aug 3rd, 2023, 11:00 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I feel like it should be obvious but what does "the ones in Dr." mean? My mind can't see Dr. as anything other than doctor nor can I think of what place that might be referring to. Doh

Also, aww at the black sheep thing. I can't relate fully myself but I have seen that sort of stuff first hand with how my mum was treated by her parents and siblings. Some of the stuff I've heard from my parents about that stuff makes me question how the hell they didn't cut contact the second they got married. Errm

oh lmao. Dominican Republic. I'm Dominican-Puerto Rican. Most of my mother's family is still on the island. My father's side he cut off himself. Complicated nonsense but my paternal grandmother was a raging bitch. 

I did cut everyone off for years but my kids didn't have any family and I don't think it's my cousins' faults or their kids. So I've been trying to reconnect for the sake of my own kids.
Ah, yeah I'd have never guessed that because I rarely hear that place mentioned even in full. XD
Also good for you on putting aside any views you have to give your kids a chance to form their own views/relationships with your extended family. I hope it works out well for them and also maybe lets you have some better bonds with whatever family you reconnected with. ^_^

Eres Dominicano!

I'd be surprised if our kids had any relationship with any cousins they have, however removed those cousins end up being. I know for a fact that if any of my cousins have kids I would have less than zero interest in it, to the point I doubt I'd even care to hear the news of any of them having kids in the first place. Errm

(Aug 10th, 2023, 10:56 AM)Monocle Wrote:
I'm not about to get all technical with my kids about titles. My cousins' kids are your cousins. fuck it. lmao.
This would be me but primarily because I'm awful at figuring out or remembering titles beyond the simple stuff of aunt, cousin, uncle, etc. XD