Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since I know there's a few Persona fans here and Persona 3 Reload was announced recently and got some interest, I figured I'd make a general thread for the Persona series so there's a more focused place to talk about the games as well as any of the news for Persona 3 Reload or any other Persona projects. Smile

Not sure what brought the release of this about but a new trailer dropped today featuring gameplay footage in the English dub of the game:

Judging by the video description I guess the English dub is getting a new voice cast, but maybe that was already confirmed and I've just forgotten that detail. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since I know there's a few Persona fans here and Persona 3 Reload was announced recently and got some interest, I figured I'd make a general thread for the Persona series so there's a more focused place to talk about the games as well as any of the news for Persona 3 Reload or any other Persona projects. Smile

Not sure what brought the release of this about but a new trailer dropped today featuring gameplay footage in the English dub of the game:

Judging by the video description I guess the English dub is getting a new voice cast, but maybe that was already confirmed and I've just forgotten that detail. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, I would hope there's a new voice cast, considering Vic Mignogna originally voiced Junpei...

The gameplay footage is neat, but this game is still a hard no from me until they add the Answer. I'm sorry, but that's non-negotiable. DL can disagree all they want; the Answer is THE ending to Persona 3, and is important to a good deal of the characters, especially Aigis, whom I actually like, thank you very much!
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, I would hope there's a new voice cast, considering Vic Mignogna originally voiced Junpei...

The gameplay footage is neat, but this game is still a hard no from me until they add the Answer. I'm sorry, but that's non-negotiable. DL can disagree all they want; the Answer is THE ending to Persona 3, and is important to a good deal of the characters, especially Aigis, whom I actually like, thank you very much!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 4th, 2023, 05:45 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Yeah, even if the rest of the cast reprised their roles (although that seems pointless to re-record lines unless new lines are being added or the original voice acting wasn't as good as it could be now) he would definitely need to be replaced.

Turns out the voice cast was revealed a few weeks ago for the English dub so here's the lineup for anyone who doesn't know the full cast: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/all-voi...-3-reload/

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 4th, 2023, 05:45 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Yeah, even if the rest of the cast reprised their roles (although that seems pointless to re-record lines unless new lines are being added or the original voice acting wasn't as good as it could be now) he would definitely need to be replaced.

Turns out the voice cast was revealed a few weeks ago for the English dub so here's the lineup for anyone who doesn't know the full cast: https://www.escapistmagazine.com/all-voi...-3-reload/
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, new English VAs were confirmed when the game was originally announced. Thankfully there should be JP audio, since the new English cast is a bunch of no-name scrubs (well, any English voice cast is bad, but this case is even worse) compared to some of the VAs they had in the original.

Also I believe the trailer was released for Anime Expo.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, new English VAs were confirmed when the game was originally announced. Thankfully there should be JP audio, since the new English cast is a bunch of no-name scrubs (well, any English voice cast is bad, but this case is even worse) compared to some of the VAs they had in the original.

Also I believe the trailer was released for Anime Expo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3 Reload | Release Date Trailer
A new trailer for Persona 3 Reload has revealed the game will be released on February 2, 2024, and this trailer also features a brand new battle song called "It's Going Down Now".

A Digital Premium Edition and a Digital Deluxe Edition have been announced for Asian markets, but no word yet on if these editions will be coming to Western territories. However, the contents do show this game will have DLC, if that fact hadn't been revealed prior:
  • Digital Premium Edition
    • Persona 3 Reload
    • Art Book
    • Game Soundtrack
    • All DLC
  • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Persona 3 Reload
    • Art Book
    • Game Soundtrack

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3 Reload | Release Date Trailer
A new trailer for Persona 3 Reload has revealed the game will be released on February 2, 2024, and this trailer also features a brand new battle song called "It's Going Down Now".

A Digital Premium Edition and a Digital Deluxe Edition have been announced for Asian markets, but no word yet on if these editions will be coming to Western territories. However, the contents do show this game will have DLC, if that fact hadn't been revealed prior:
  • Digital Premium Edition
    • Persona 3 Reload
    • Art Book
    • Game Soundtrack
    • All DLC
  • Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Persona 3 Reload
    • Art Book
    • Game Soundtrack
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3 Portable | Physical Release from Limited Run
Limited Run has announced they will be doing a physical release run of Persona 3 Portable for Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch:

There will also be two special editions available: Pre-orders for all editions will go live on September 29 and run until November 12: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/...3-portable

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3 Portable | Physical Release from Limited Run
Limited Run has announced they will be doing a physical release run of Persona 3 Portable for Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4/PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch:

There will also be two special editions available: Pre-orders for all editions will go live on September 29 and run until November 12: https://limitedrungames.com/collections/...3-portable
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I want the soundtrack CD, but nothing else in the S.E.E.S Edition looks all that attractive... But I really, really want that CD.

I'll definitely be ordering a PS4 copy regardless.

Fun fact: They'll also be releasing physical copies of Persona 4 Golden as well, with pre-orders for that one coming in October.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I want the soundtrack CD, but nothing else in the S.E.E.S Edition looks all that attractive... But I really, really want that CD.

I'll definitely be ordering a PS4 copy regardless.

Fun fact: They'll also be releasing physical copies of Persona 4 Golden as well, with pre-orders for that one coming in October.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 26th, 2023, 06:03 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Do you still use CD's and/or use limited edition ones like these or do you want it mostly for collection purposes? Curious since people using CD's feels like a rarity to me these days. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 26th, 2023, 06:03 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Do you still use CD's and/or use limited edition ones like these or do you want it mostly for collection purposes? Curious since people using CD's feels like a rarity to me these days. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Persona 3 Reload has become the fastest selling Atlus game of all time, shifting 1,000,000 copies within its first week:

I've been wondering what encouraged so many sales for this game compared to previous Atlus titles:
  • Is it because P3 is the most popular entry and so Reload just naturally drew a ton of attention?
  • Has Persona just grown in popularity and/or public awareness that even if this was P6 instead of P3R the same record would've been set?
  • Is it because this is the first time Persona has had a simultaneous worldwide release which a) keeps all launch week sales together and b) previous games not doing resulted in spoilers killing off hype from the JP release being far from the Western one?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Persona 3 Reload has become the fastest selling Atlus game of all time, shifting 1,000,000 copies within its first week:

I've been wondering what encouraged so many sales for this game compared to previous Atlus titles:
  • Is it because P3 is the most popular entry and so Reload just naturally drew a ton of attention?
  • Has Persona just grown in popularity and/or public awareness that even if this was P6 instead of P3R the same record would've been set?
  • Is it because this is the first time Persona has had a simultaneous worldwide release which a) keeps all launch week sales together and b) previous games not doing resulted in spoilers killing off hype from the JP release being far from the Western one?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
From what I've been told by someone into the series I should wait for the Fes dlc to drop before I consider getting this. I'm just not a fan of this one because of how the characters shoot themselves in the head in order to activate their personas. I know it's acceptable in the story/fandom, but it is something that disturbs me (personally) so I think I'll pass on getting P3 for now.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
From what I've been told by someone into the series I should wait for the Fes dlc to drop before I consider getting this. I'm just not a fan of this one because of how the characters shoot themselves in the head in order to activate their personas. I know it's acceptable in the story/fandom, but it is something that disturbs me (personally) so I think I'll pass on getting P3 for now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2024, 11:06 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I'm just not a fan of this one because of how the characters shoot themselves in the head in order to activate their personas.
I only just learned today of the head shooting in the game myself, but the comment I saw about it made it seem like it just happens in the opening of the game. I'm actually surprised I never knew about that in P3 until today because it seems like such a big detail that would almost become infamous, even if the summoning action is only supposed to resemble committing suicide with a gun rather than actually doing it for real.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2024, 11:06 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I'm just not a fan of this one because of how the characters shoot themselves in the head in order to activate their personas.
I only just learned today of the head shooting in the game myself, but the comment I saw about it made it seem like it just happens in the opening of the game. I'm actually surprised I never knew about that in P3 until today because it seems like such a big detail that would almost become infamous, even if the summoning action is only supposed to resemble committing suicide with a gun rather than actually doing it for real.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yea, I've been watching Ceidian on twitch play P3 and every time they need to activate their persona's they shoot themselves in the head. He knows the story is supposed to be darker, but the fans want it as is. I personally am just skipping the game because it disturbs me. I might get it once Fes releases as dlc/etc. But atmo, I'm just iffy on it. Even with Fes I'm still unsure. Also, I have FF7 Rebirth to consider coming out at the end of the month and in all honesty, I want it way worse. XD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Yea, I've been watching Ceidian on twitch play P3 and every time they need to activate their persona's they shoot themselves in the head. He knows the story is supposed to be darker, but the fans want it as is. I personally am just skipping the game because it disturbs me. I might get it once Fes releases as dlc/etc. But atmo, I'm just iffy on it. Even with Fes I'm still unsure. Also, I have FF7 Rebirth to consider coming out at the end of the month and in all honesty, I want it way worse. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm curious how persona's get activated in all the other games and if they're as dark as P3's is. If they're not then I wonder why that game is the only one to take such a dark theme for the activations. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm curious how persona's get activated in all the other games and if they're as dark as P3's is. If they're not then I wonder why that game is the only one to take such a dark theme for the activations. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3 Reload: Expansion Pass | Episode Aigis – The Answer
During today's Xbox Partner Preview, a new trailer was shown for Persona 3 Reload's Expansion Pass that reveals Wave 3 of the pass will be for Episode Aigis – The Answer.

This means the content of all three waves of the Expansion Pass have been revealed, and are as follows for anyone who wants a refresher:
  • Wave 1 - March 12 | Persona 5 Royal EX BGM Set / Persona 4 Golden EX BGM Set
  • Wave 2 - May | Velvet Costume and BGM Set
  • Wave 3 - September | Episode Aigis – The Answer

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3 Reload: Expansion Pass | Episode Aigis – The Answer
During today's Xbox Partner Preview, a new trailer was shown for Persona 3 Reload's Expansion Pass that reveals Wave 3 of the pass will be for Episode Aigis – The Answer.

This means the content of all three waves of the Expansion Pass have been revealed, and are as follows for anyone who wants a refresher:
  • Wave 1 - March 12 | Persona 5 Royal EX BGM Set / Persona 4 Golden EX BGM Set
  • Wave 2 - May | Velvet Costume and BGM Set
  • Wave 3 - September | Episode Aigis – The Answer
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Classic Atlus, cutting content from a game just so they can milk the fans later by releasing it as paid DLC.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Classic Atlus, cutting content from a game just so they can milk the fans later by releasing it as paid DLC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 31 8,808 8 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,421 Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:52 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,957 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,572 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,962 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM