What's the Worst Allergy to Have?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,700
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
There are numerous allergies, and although they're all annoying to deal with, there are definitely some that are worse than others. So what do you think is the worst allergy to have, either in general or just for yourself in particular?

I think any type of common food allergy has to be up there as one of the worst, like being allergic to nuts or dairy. Going out to eat anywhere is likely to involve always having to check how food is prepared or trusting no cross contamination occurs. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,700 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
There are numerous allergies, and although they're all annoying to deal with, there are definitely some that are worse than others. So what do you think is the worst allergy to have, either in general or just for yourself in particular?

I think any type of common food allergy has to be up there as one of the worst, like being allergic to nuts or dairy. Going out to eat anywhere is likely to involve always having to check how food is prepared or trusting no cross contamination occurs. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Food allergy has to be top worst, then perhaps I suppose skin allergy or anything that affects eyesight. Or pollen too during Spring/Summer making you need to avoid outdoors as much as possible when for others it's harmless and it's usually the best weather time of the year.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Food allergy has to be top worst, then perhaps I suppose skin allergy or anything that affects eyesight. Or pollen too during Spring/Summer making you need to avoid outdoors as much as possible when for others it's harmless and it's usually the best weather time of the year.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,261
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'd say any allergy that involves your body attacking itself for producing normal things had to be the all time worst. Those are called autoimmune disorders, and boy howdy those sure do have to suck to live with I imagine. Suffer

Food allergies are probably a close second yeah. You need food to survive but constantly having to be on edge as to what you put in your mouth has the potential to cause great distress or death to your body has to be a really annoying lifestyle. One of my best friends is deathly allergic to treenuts, dairy and sesame. Dairy is the trickiest one cuz boy howdy do people love to cook things with BUTTER!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,261 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'd say any allergy that involves your body attacking itself for producing normal things had to be the all time worst. Those are called autoimmune disorders, and boy howdy those sure do have to suck to live with I imagine. Suffer

Food allergies are probably a close second yeah. You need food to survive but constantly having to be on edge as to what you put in your mouth has the potential to cause great distress or death to your body has to be a really annoying lifestyle. One of my best friends is deathly allergic to treenuts, dairy and sesame. Dairy is the trickiest one cuz boy howdy do people love to cook things with BUTTER!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,854
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm gonna nominate water. No, I'm not making a joke, water allergy is really a thing. Makes the sufferers break out in hives (or worse) on contact with water. I can imagine drinking is an interesting experience, given that problem.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,854 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm gonna nominate water. No, I'm not making a joke, water allergy is really a thing. Makes the sufferers break out in hives (or worse) on contact with water. I can imagine drinking is an interesting experience, given that problem.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Darn both of those really are bad (body attacking itself and water). Like for water, how the heck are they supposed to wash their body?! I suppose some type of special body cream but damn. Ah I see there's a type of cream used as a barrier before showers, makes sense. For drinking perhaps the liquid is strictly inside a container/bottle, wearing gloves and drinking through a straw. Ah I see there's an oral treatment so perhaps could effect the mouth in some way too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Darn both of those really are bad (body attacking itself and water). Like for water, how the heck are they supposed to wash their body?! I suppose some type of special body cream but damn. Ah I see there's a type of cream used as a barrier before showers, makes sense. For drinking perhaps the liquid is strictly inside a container/bottle, wearing gloves and drinking through a straw. Ah I see there's an oral treatment so perhaps could effect the mouth in some way too.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,700
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dang I never knew water allergy was a thing. I'm surprised it doesn't potentially inflict an autoimmune disorder or something since our bodies are made up of a high amount of water too.
As for it being interesting when it comes to eating, that Wikipedia page says "in severe cases, drinking water can result in swelling of the oral cavity, swelling of the throat, and in extreme cases, anaphylaxis." So that sounds fun. Suffer

Oh and it just gets better as I scrolled a little further down to see this snippet:

Wikipedia Wrote:
Water in all forms, such as tap or sea water, swimming pool water, sweat, tears, and saliva can induce the lesions.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,700 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dang I never knew water allergy was a thing. I'm surprised it doesn't potentially inflict an autoimmune disorder or something since our bodies are made up of a high amount of water too.
As for it being interesting when it comes to eating, that Wikipedia page says "in severe cases, drinking water can result in swelling of the oral cavity, swelling of the throat, and in extreme cases, anaphylaxis." So that sounds fun. Suffer

Oh and it just gets better as I scrolled a little further down to see this snippet:

Wikipedia Wrote:
Water in all forms, such as tap or sea water, swimming pool water, sweat, tears, and saliva can induce the lesions.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,261
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That honestly would be one of those disabilities that if I were to have them, I'd really consider... cw: unalive not being alive anymore. It just really sounds like a horrible way to exist, if I'm honest. Errm

Allergies that also just appear out of no where as you age also suck? Like, why does your body decide, you know what, this substance is NO LONGER COOL, terminate on sight!!! I understand when you grow out of allergies as you age because it makes sense for your body to, you know, learn from experience that the substances are, in fact, not harmful after all. But new ones?? That'd be an interesting study to look at, honestly.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,261 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That honestly would be one of those disabilities that if I were to have them, I'd really consider... cw: unalive not being alive anymore. It just really sounds like a horrible way to exist, if I'm honest. Errm

Allergies that also just appear out of no where as you age also suck? Like, why does your body decide, you know what, this substance is NO LONGER COOL, terminate on sight!!! I understand when you grow out of allergies as you age because it makes sense for your body to, you know, learn from experience that the substances are, in fact, not harmful after all. But new ones?? That'd be an interesting study to look at, honestly.