Halloween High Score Challenge 2023
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G ' S
HALLOWEEN HIGH SCORE CHALLENGE 2023

Do you have what it takes to achieve a higher score than anyone else in this Halloween browser game called Spellbound?

In Spellbound, the Enchantress has put you in charge of organizing all her spell books, but there are an awful lot of them! How many can you shelve before the torrent of tomes overtakes you?

Click here to play Spellbound!

All you need to do is play the game and then share a screenshot of your high score. You may either PM your screenshot to me, or share it in this thread if you feel confident no one will beat you. Tongue

Participation will be worth one point in our Halloween Birthday Bash 2023 event, and a victory will be worth three points. Scores can be submitted until Halloween Birthday Bash 2023 comes to an end, and I will attempt to put up an advance notice of it when the time comes.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G ' S
HALLOWEEN HIGH SCORE CHALLENGE 2023

Do you have what it takes to achieve a higher score than anyone else in this Halloween browser game called Spellbound?

In Spellbound, the Enchantress has put you in charge of organizing all her spell books, but there are an awful lot of them! How many can you shelve before the torrent of tomes overtakes you?

Click here to play Spellbound!

All you need to do is play the game and then share a screenshot of your high score. You may either PM your screenshot to me, or share it in this thread if you feel confident no one will beat you. Tongue

Participation will be worth one point in our Halloween Birthday Bash 2023 event, and a victory will be worth three points. Scores can be submitted until Halloween Birthday Bash 2023 comes to an end, and I will attempt to put up an advance notice of it when the time comes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
[Image: BHPvcI0.png]

Dang this gets hard real fast. I felt like once I lost my first life the other two went in a flash. Monkas

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
[Image: BHPvcI0.png]

Dang this gets hard real fast. I felt like once I lost my first life the other two went in a flash. Monkas
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
[Image: eadts0D.png]

Ow...

Legit, my hands hurt after making that run. My experience with the lives is a lot different from yours, Moony; it ratchets up the tension a LOT. This run, I must have gotten half my score on the last life. It was HARD! This game was way harder than I was anticipating...

Also, to the detriment of my own chances at winning this, I will give a technique I figured out on that last life. If you start reaching the end of the conveyor belt, grab as many books as you can and chuck them as fast as possible. The game doesn't give you a point penalty for books being tossed. Also, the game gives you a point BONUS if you stack multiple books of the same color and stash them all in one combo.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
[Image: eadts0D.png]

Ow...

Legit, my hands hurt after making that run. My experience with the lives is a lot different from yours, Moony; it ratchets up the tension a LOT. This run, I must have gotten half my score on the last life. It was HARD! This game was way harder than I was anticipating...

Also, to the detriment of my own chances at winning this, I will give a technique I figured out on that last life. If you start reaching the end of the conveyor belt, grab as many books as you can and chuck them as fast as possible. The game doesn't give you a point penalty for books being tossed. Also, the game gives you a point BONUS if you stack multiple books of the same color and stash them all in one combo.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I tried that tossing books off strategy but I picked up on it too late on my run to make good use of it. I expect the best way to use that as the game gets faster is throw away any books that belong to the right side and just put away anything that goes on the left so you don't have to travel far from the spawn point for the books and risk them getting too far to the right.

That's an impressive score too btw @Maniakkid25. Not sure if I'll be able to beat that honestly. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I tried that tossing books off strategy but I picked up on it too late on my run to make good use of it. I expect the best way to use that as the game gets faster is throw away any books that belong to the right side and just put away anything that goes on the left so you don't have to travel far from the spawn point for the books and risk them getting too far to the right.

That's an impressive score too btw @Maniakkid25. Not sure if I'll be able to beat that honestly. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I suck at this game lol

[Image: IrD2Cjk.png]

It's the fucking skull things that make it really challenging. You're insanely snappy to the movement on the ladder, so precise aiming to hit the flying skulls is very particular and difficult to manage when you're trying to keep up with your conveyor.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I suck at this game lol

[Image: IrD2Cjk.png]

It's the fucking skull things that make it really challenging. You're insanely snappy to the movement on the ladder, so precise aiming to hit the flying skulls is very particular and difficult to manage when you're trying to keep up with your conveyor.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My first attempt was something like 3920, second attempt today I got this but not a winner:
EDIT: Third attempt I got 5840...ah well. At one point I let three skulls on screen and I didn't notice as I was throwing away books. XD

[Image: ug-spellboud.png]
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
My first attempt was something like 3920, second attempt today I got this but not a winner:
EDIT: Third attempt I got 5840...ah well. At one point I let three skulls on screen and I didn't notice as I was throwing away books. XD

[Image: ug-spellboud.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trick or Treat Street 2023 Moonface 39 3,181 Nov 24th, 2023, 01:48 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Tiki Treasure Totems 2023 Moonface 40 3,955 Sep 25th, 2023, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Halloween Profiles Moonface 1 1,148 Nov 1st, 2021, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Daisy Johnson
  Halloween High Score Challenge Moonface 2 2,049 Dec 2nd, 2020, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Video-Game Scavenger Hunt - Halloween 2019 Edition Moonface 13 6,966 Nov 17th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: queenzelda