Parents in Video Games
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,991
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was going to make this thread about mother's in video games since today is Mother's Day (in the US) but I don't see the point in not just focusing on parents in games in general instead. 

Anyway, are there any parents in games that you like/dislike? I feel like parents aren't really common in games and the only one I can think of easily is the mother in every Pokémon game because your father never seems to exist in those games. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,991 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was going to make this thread about mother's in video games since today is Mother's Day (in the US) but I don't see the point in not just focusing on parents in games in general instead. 

Anyway, are there any parents in games that you like/dislike? I feel like parents aren't really common in games and the only one I can think of easily is the mother in every Pokémon game because your father never seems to exist in those games. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,305
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think Kratos' journey into being a single father in God of War 2018 was a really good showcase for his character and how he's changed over the course of the games he's been in. This wasn't his first rodeo into parenthood--you see in the prior God of War games that he's had a family to love and care for (his white skin is a testament to that). He is, however, new to being the sole parent in the family, which is something he clearly left to the job of his wives. Through his interactions with Atreus and other helpful friends in the Norse realm, he essentially turns a weakness of his into a strength, which I think is apt for a character known for their might/prowess.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,305 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think Kratos' journey into being a single father in God of War 2018 was a really good showcase for his character and how he's changed over the course of the games he's been in. This wasn't his first rodeo into parenthood--you see in the prior God of War games that he's had a family to love and care for (his white skin is a testament to that). He is, however, new to being the sole parent in the family, which is something he clearly left to the job of his wives. Through his interactions with Atreus and other helpful friends in the Norse realm, he essentially turns a weakness of his into a strength, which I think is apt for a character known for their might/prowess.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 8 892 May 15th, 2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  World Video Game Hall of Fame | 2024 Inductees Moonface 5 89 May 11th, 2024, 08:43 PM
  Games Done Quick Moonface 36 3,408 May 2nd, 2024, 08:07 PM
  Mistakes You've Made in Games? Moonface 12 2,036 Apr 29th, 2024, 08:58 PM
  "Gamers Need To Get Comfortable Not Owning Their Games" - Ubisoft Moonface 11 566 Apr 11th, 2024, 11:01 PM