Poll: Would You Attend a School Reunion?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
14.29%
1 14.29%
No
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would You Attend a School Reunion?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I figured I'd just use school rather than high school because maybe you'd attend a reunion of one stage of your school life but not another. Tongue

For me, as much as my mind likes to entertain the idea of it out of curiosity, ultimately I know the smart thing to do would be to never attend any reunion for either my primary or secondary schools. Far too many people that made my life miserable and deserve to continue to stay as far away from my life as possible. Hmph
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I figured I'd just use school rather than high school because maybe you'd attend a reunion of one stage of your school life but not another. Tongue

For me, as much as my mind likes to entertain the idea of it out of curiosity, ultimately I know the smart thing to do would be to never attend any reunion for either my primary or secondary schools. Far too many people that made my life miserable and deserve to continue to stay as far away from my life as possible. Hmph
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
There isn't any school I want to attend a reunion at. None of the people in my grade were very nice, and all seemed to be rich bitches. So, to hell with them.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
There isn't any school I want to attend a reunion at. None of the people in my grade were very nice, and all seemed to be rich bitches. So, to hell with them.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 2nd, 2024, 01:05 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Was that school in a rich area or near one, or were these the type of people that act like they're rich but really not? Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Was that school in a rich area or near one, or were these the type of people that act like they're rich but really not? Hmm
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Probably. I did get on well with the people at school (in the end), and I'm curious as to what they'd be up to now!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,960 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Probably. I did get on well with the people at school (in the end), and I'm curious as to what they'd be up to now!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 2nd, 2024, 01:21 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Oh no trust me their parents gave them a car, provided them with the insurance, and mine didn't have that kind of money. So, yea, to me they were rich.

I'm also from a very poor family for context I didn't learn to drive until I was in my 20's and had a job to afford one & my own insurance. I was never given anything like everyone else in my high school were.
tl:dr~~

Also, I've moved thrice since I was last in high school, so no one really knows where I live anymore. More so since we moved a lot since my dad was a teacher and where he taught is where we would usually move close to. I've moved so much over the years, it's not even funny. Some people thought we were army kids; you could say so since teachers basically work for the government.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her

Oh no trust me their parents gave them a car, provided them with the insurance, and mine didn't have that kind of money. So, yea, to me they were rich.

I'm also from a very poor family for context I didn't learn to drive until I was in my 20's and had a job to afford one & my own insurance. I was never given anything like everyone else in my high school were.

Also, I've moved thrice since I was last in high school, so no one really knows where I live anymore. More so since we moved a lot since my dad was a teacher and where he taught is where we would usually move close to. I've moved so much over the years, it's not even funny. Some people thought we were army kids; you could say so since teachers basically work for the government.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My 10 year reunion passed two years ago, and there was a meet up for it. My graduating class was over 700 people, and I think about 50 or so showed up? I saw some photos of the after. Don't regret my decision. I recognized some of the folks who went but I wasn't particularly fond or close to any of them. The people I care about from school I am still actively friends with. We may not all live near each other like we once were but I still love them dearly.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My 10 year reunion passed two years ago, and there was a meet up for it. My graduating class was over 700 people, and I think about 50 or so showed up? I saw some photos of the after. Don't regret my decision. I recognized some of the folks who went but I wasn't particularly fond or close to any of them. The people I care about from school I am still actively friends with. We may not all live near each other like we once were but I still love them dearly.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nah I just wouldn't. If it were a meet up of a couple old friends from back in the day maybe but that's it. Heck even then I don't know.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nah I just wouldn't. If it were a meet up of a couple old friends from back in the day maybe but that's it. Heck even then I don't know.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have literally zero contact with a single soul I went to high school with, so no, I wouldn't. I didn't have any interest in going to the 10 year reunion and I will have zero interest in the twenty year reunion, which is sadly coming up in four years. FeelsOldMan
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have literally zero contact with a single soul I went to high school with, so no, I wouldn't. I didn't have any interest in going to the 10 year reunion and I will have zero interest in the twenty year reunion, which is sadly coming up in four years. FeelsOldMan
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2024, 03:08 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

Oh if they were getting that sort of stuff just handed to them on a silver platter they were definitely rich. Ain't no regular average wage folk out there just giving their kids cars and stuff in high school unless the car is an absolutely old banger that you could probably pick up for a few hundred dollars. ROFL

Was your dad a high school teacher or did he teach college and stuff? Someone moving around a lot as a teacher comes off as having a spot in higher education but I might just have a wrong assumption about that sorta thing.

(Feb 3rd, 2024, 05:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Ugh, a 700 person reunion sounds so stupid. It's really going to just be more like 10+ smaller reunions that all just so happen to be happening at the same place and same time because nobody is going to probably know more than half of the people who turn up and are probably actually acquainted with less than 100 of them. I mean I know that if my school did one it would be a potential max of like 330 but even if I didn't really speak with all of them I'd probably recall a good 90% of them.

(Feb 3rd, 2024, 07:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Huh, I never really considered that reunions could happen more than once. I don't think I'd want to go to multiple reunions for school or something even if I did want to see the people; seeing everyone getting older every decade would just put the chill of mortality in me. XD
I'd also be super bummed if those reunions invited the teachers you had at the time too because you just know there's a chance a number of them will have potentially passed away by the time you get to a 20 year reunion. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2024, 03:08 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

Oh if they were getting that sort of stuff just handed to them on a silver platter they were definitely rich. Ain't no regular average wage folk out there just giving their kids cars and stuff in high school unless the car is an absolutely old banger that you could probably pick up for a few hundred dollars. ROFL

Was your dad a high school teacher or did he teach college and stuff? Someone moving around a lot as a teacher comes off as having a spot in higher education but I might just have a wrong assumption about that sorta thing.

(Feb 3rd, 2024, 05:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Ugh, a 700 person reunion sounds so stupid. It's really going to just be more like 10+ smaller reunions that all just so happen to be happening at the same place and same time because nobody is going to probably know more than half of the people who turn up and are probably actually acquainted with less than 100 of them. I mean I know that if my school did one it would be a potential max of like 330 but even if I didn't really speak with all of them I'd probably recall a good 90% of them.

(Feb 3rd, 2024, 07:28 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Huh, I never really considered that reunions could happen more than once. I don't think I'd want to go to multiple reunions for school or something even if I did want to see the people; seeing everyone getting older every decade would just put the chill of mortality in me. XD
I'd also be super bummed if those reunions invited the teachers you had at the time too because you just know there's a chance a number of them will have potentially passed away by the time you get to a 20 year reunion. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 22nd, 2024, 11:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Was your dad a high school teacher or did he teach college and stuff? Someone moving around a lot as a teacher comes off as having a spot in higher education, but I might just have a wrong assumption about that sorta thing.
No, he taught third (or forth) grade. He had a master's degree though which is why we moved around so much. He would get a ten year and when it was up either he was rehired or had to go looking for a teaching job in another district.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 22nd, 2024, 11:47 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Was your dad a high school teacher or did he teach college and stuff? Someone moving around a lot as a teacher comes off as having a spot in higher education, but I might just have a wrong assumption about that sorta thing.
No, he taught third (or forth) grade. He had a master's degree though which is why we moved around so much. He would get a ten year and when it was up either he was rehired or had to go looking for a teaching job in another district.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Was Your School Mascot? Moonface 3 667 May 23rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  School Moonface 33 20,059 Feb 11th, 2021, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface