Accessibility Option Appreciations/Wishes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Earlier in another thread I responded to @queenzelda about Grounded having an accessibility option to change the spiders in the game if you suffer from arachnophobia, but I didn't know until I was making that post that rather than being a simple on/off toggle it's actually a slider that lets you change the look and sound of the spiders by different amounts. I thought that was actually really cool so I figured why not make a thread to show appreciation for any other specific accessibility options that a game has and/or to share what sort of accessibility options you'd like to see in a specific game or games in general. ^_^

One option I always turn on now in any game is the one that changes button mashing prompts into just holding the button instead. I just can't stand having to mash a button for a QTE or environment interaction and I don't hate having to play those sections in games when I change the prompt input style to hold. The only time I think I can actually like button mashing now is when it shows up for a tense scene where you're in danger of dying, like say mashing a button to push back against an enemy trying to stab you with a knife or something, because at least then it kinda fits thematically.

I think the first time I ever used an accessibility option in any game was the colourblind mode in Uncharted 3, but it was only because it changes the team colours in multiplayer to blue/red instead of the default green/red, and I preferred the blue colour. Whistle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Earlier in another thread I responded to @queenzelda about Grounded having an accessibility option to change the spiders in the game if you suffer from arachnophobia, but I didn't know until I was making that post that rather than being a simple on/off toggle it's actually a slider that lets you change the look and sound of the spiders by different amounts. I thought that was actually really cool so I figured why not make a thread to show appreciation for any other specific accessibility options that a game has and/or to share what sort of accessibility options you'd like to see in a specific game or games in general. ^_^

One option I always turn on now in any game is the one that changes button mashing prompts into just holding the button instead. I just can't stand having to mash a button for a QTE or environment interaction and I don't hate having to play those sections in games when I change the prompt input style to hold. The only time I think I can actually like button mashing now is when it shows up for a tense scene where you're in danger of dying, like say mashing a button to push back against an enemy trying to stab you with a knife or something, because at least then it kinda fits thematically.

I think the first time I ever used an accessibility option in any game was the colourblind mode in Uncharted 3, but it was only because it changes the team colours in multiplayer to blue/red instead of the default green/red, and I preferred the blue colour. Whistle
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't actively do it yet but I agree about button mashing, I never really liked having to hit any and every button on my controller to do tan action successfully. I know WWE games started doing hold timings for getting out of a pin and submission (I think) instead of mashing, although they're not in the games I have but it was good to see they changed it. I haven't played any games that offered the option of switching between styles for QTEs that I know of yet though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't actively do it yet but I agree about button mashing, I never really liked having to hit any and every button on my controller to do tan action successfully. I know WWE games started doing hold timings for getting out of a pin and submission (I think) instead of mashing, although they're not in the games I have but it was good to see they changed it. I haven't played any games that offered the option of switching between styles for QTEs that I know of yet though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 23rd, 2024, 11:18 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I don't actively do it yet but I agree about button mashing, I never really liked having to hit any and every button on my controller to do tan action successfully. I know WWE games started doing hold timings for getting out of a pin and submission (I think) instead of mashing, although they're not in the games I have but it was good to see they changed it.
Yeah I think the options in WWE games now are the classic button mash, and the other is to time your button press to stop the kickout meter within the success zone. I can't recall how it works for submissions though.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 23rd, 2024, 11:18 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I don't actively do it yet but I agree about button mashing, I never really liked having to hit any and every button on my controller to do tan action successfully. I know WWE games started doing hold timings for getting out of a pin and submission (I think) instead of mashing, although they're not in the games I have but it was good to see they changed it.
Yeah I think the options in WWE games now are the classic button mash, and the other is to time your button press to stop the kickout meter within the success zone. I can't recall how it works for submissions though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accessibility in Games - Developers or Hardware? Moonface 6 5,959 Apr 10th, 2019, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Monocle