Spider-Man
topman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
Last time I played Spiderman it was many moons ago, it was either on Nintendo or Super Nintendo. Was a good game back then, I can only imagine how much they would of improved it decades later.
Control the things you can control.
Don't fret over the things you cannot.
topman Offline
Newcomer
Last time I played Spiderman it was many moons ago, it was either on Nintendo or Super Nintendo. Was a good game back then, I can only imagine how much they would of improved it decades later.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Sep 30th, 2018, 12:26 PM)topman Wrote:
Last time I played Spiderman it was many moons ago, it was either on Nintendo or Super Nintendo.  Was a good game back then, I can only imagine how much they would of improved it decades later.

There were some good ones since then but most have been terrible. This is the first good one since PS2.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Last time I played Spiderman it was many moons ago, it was either on Nintendo or Super Nintendo.  Was a good game back then, I can only imagine how much they would of improved it decades later.

There were some good ones since then but most have been terrible. This is the first good one since PS2.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I have it but I've been waiting until platinum Dragon Quest XI first. My sister has been playing it and it looks ridiculously fluid. Either she sucks or the battle mechanics aren't that great. She misses a lot of attacks. Looks to be my biggest issue with it atm.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I have it but I've been waiting until platinum Dragon Quest XI first. My sister has been playing it and it looks ridiculously fluid. Either she sucks or the battle mechanics aren't that great. She misses a lot of attacks. Looks to be my biggest issue with it atm.
topman Offline
Newcomer
(Sep 30th, 2018, 03:14 PM)Metallix Wrote:

This seems like one of those games you really have to know what you are doing before you compile it.
Control the things you can control.
Don't fret over the things you cannot.
topman Offline
Newcomer
(Sep 30th, 2018, 03:14 PM)Metallix Wrote:

This seems like one of those games you really have to know what you are doing before you compile it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
After reading a review on it. I'm going to pick this up mainly because of the story. It seems to be one of those games that basically knows it source material and I think that will be a good enough reason to pick it up. I'm a fan of Spidey so expecting to have fun with it. Smile

As for the gameplay itself I hear the auto lock on is a bit of a pain, but I'll have to see when I play it.

PS: I still have to complete Dad of War
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
After reading a review on it. I'm going to pick this up mainly because of the story. It seems to be one of those games that basically knows it source material and I think that will be a good enough reason to pick it up. I'm a fan of Spidey so expecting to have fun with it. Smile

As for the gameplay itself I hear the auto lock on is a bit of a pain, but I'll have to see when I play it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Is auto lock mandatory or can you disable it?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Is auto lock mandatory or can you disable it?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm not sure the review didn't mention you being able to disable it.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm not sure the review didn't mention you being able to disable it.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Oct 1st, 2018, 12:27 AM)Yuri Wrote:

I’ve read it had a better story and characters than Spider-Man Homecoming and that was a good movie imo.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Oct 1st, 2018, 12:27 AM)Yuri Wrote:

I’ve read it had a better story and characters than Spider-Man Homecoming and that was a good movie imo.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
From what I've seen of the game with my sister playing it, yeah they know their stuff. I like how he's older and you're expected to know enough about his background. There's enough for comic fans to be pleased while not overwhelming it with comic exclusive knowledge that casual fans are lost.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
From what I've seen of the game with my sister playing it, yeah they know their stuff. I like how he's older and you're expected to know enough about his background. There's enough for comic fans to be pleased while not overwhelming it with comic exclusive knowledge that casual fans are lost.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Sep 20th, 2018, 11:44 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm surprised it sold faster than God of War.

Same. God of War is an extremely good game, while Spider Man... well, looks like typical superhero mediocrity. Then again, I can't stand Spiderman. The only Superhero I dislike more than him is Superman. Both of them are just so boring. That probably doesn't help my interest in this game. Though the really big killer for it was watching Bahroo stream it and just seeing how boring the gameplay looked.

But I suppose in a world where Superhero movies are being shit out left and right from Hollywood, and people eat each and every one of them up, it's not that surprising that this game got so over hyped that so many people went out and bought it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Sep 20th, 2018, 11:44 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm surprised it sold faster than God of War.

Same. God of War is an extremely good game, while Spider Man... well, looks like typical superhero mediocrity. Then again, I can't stand Spiderman. The only Superhero I dislike more than him is Superman. Both of them are just so boring. That probably doesn't help my interest in this game. Though the really big killer for it was watching Bahroo stream it and just seeing how boring the gameplay looked.

But I suppose in a world where Superhero movies are being shit out left and right from Hollywood, and people eat each and every one of them up, it's not that surprising that this game got so over hyped that so many people went out and bought it.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
The only Spiderman game I played was the Return of the Sinister Six for NES. It was a quite nice game, but also kind of hard. What I liked in it was that it was pretty dark, so it looked kinda mysterious. Old good times during which almost every game looked good...
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
The only Spiderman game I played was the Return of the Sinister Six for NES. It was a quite nice game, but also kind of hard. What I liked in it was that it was pretty dark, so it looked kinda mysterious. Old good times during which almost every game looked good...
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon Lord Wrote:
Name would be the one thing this game would have over GoW to boost sales. Spiderman is known to everyone, God of War isn't.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dragon Lord Wrote:
Name would be the one thing this game would have over GoW to boost sales. Spiderman is known to everyone, God of War isn't.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Welp in 2.5 months the game has sold over 9 million according to Sony. If December is included I’d be willing to be its at 10M now. Insane!
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Welp in 2.5 months the game has sold over 9 million according to Sony. If December is included I’d be willing to be its at 10M now. Insane!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't be surprised to see Insomniac announce a sequel down the line after this sold so well. It may have been intended as a one off (the story might suggest otherwise but I don't know) but clearly a sequel would perform well and if it built and improved on this game, it can only be better.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wouldn't be surprised to see Insomniac announce a sequel down the line after this sold so well. It may have been intended as a one off (the story might suggest otherwise but I don't know) but clearly a sequel would perform well and if it built and improved on this game, it can only be better.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
This is insanely fast even big multiplatform games with the exception of a few don’t sell this quickly. Also as far as Sony exclusives go it’s by far the quickest.

I’m thinking this has the potential to sell 20M after several years. And yeah a sequel that improves on it can only go upwards.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
This is insanely fast even big multiplatform games with the exception of a few don’t sell this quickly. Also as far as Sony exclusives go it’s by far the quickest.

I’m thinking this has the potential to sell 20M after several years. And yeah a sequel that improves on it can only go upwards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Moonface 10 2,218 Sep 14th, 2023, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Spider-Man (Series) WR91 2 2,599 Oct 1st, 2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Spider-Man: Miles Morales Moonface 2 2,719 Sep 28th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Last Post: WR91