Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,804
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 23rd, 2023, 02:45 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Welp, my laptop finally up and kicked the bucket. That's mildly annoying, given what I used it for, but not mission critical for me, so it'll be a while until it gets replaced. Well, that and the fact that I CANNOT afford a major purchase right now.
What happened to it exactly? Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,804 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 23rd, 2023, 02:45 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Welp, my laptop finally up and kicked the bucket. That's mildly annoying, given what I used it for, but not mission critical for me, so it'll be a while until it gets replaced. Well, that and the fact that I CANNOT afford a major purchase right now.
What happened to it exactly? Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,862
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It's been making a noise that I SUSPECT is the fan locking up, because it would shut itself off completely without running out of battery. So, it would overheat, and shut down to save itself. It's either that or the hard drive locking up. Either way, it needed replacing anyway given that the 70% of the ram is constantly locked up doing something that I cannot find no matter how deep I dig.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,862 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It's been making a noise that I SUSPECT is the fan locking up, because it would shut itself off completely without running out of battery. So, it would overheat, and shut down to save itself. It's either that or the hard drive locking up. Either way, it needed replacing anyway given that the 70% of the ram is constantly locked up doing something that I cannot find no matter how deep I dig.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe open the laptop to see if you can look at the fans? If something is making them get stuck it shouldn't be hard to fix that right? Although I guess it isn't worth it if the other issues with the laptop are still too bad to make it usable anymore.

I still need to get around to putting an SSD into my laptop but I've been too lazy to do it yet. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Maybe open the laptop to see if you can look at the fans? If something is making them get stuck it shouldn't be hard to fix that right? Although I guess it isn't worth it if the other issues with the laptop are still too bad to make it usable anymore.

I still need to get around to putting an SSD into my laptop but I've been too lazy to do it yet. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
LMAO I arrived at work an hour ago now (4:56am at that time) and I'm still sitting outside the store with now more than 8 other employees because whatever manager was supposed to come open the store at 5am has yet to show up and nobody else in management has arrived either to open instead. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
LMAO I arrived at work an hour ago now (4:56am at that time) and I'm still sitting outside the store with now more than 8 other employees because whatever manager was supposed to come open the store at 5am has yet to show up and nobody else in management has arrived either to open instead. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, and will they expect all of you to work the hours you're meant to do today, as in if you're working 4-10AM then 6 hours from when you actually get in and not if the door opening was late so 5 or 4 hours? Because screw your daily plans you work for us kind of thing? Still, that is bad. Was anyone else there when you first arrived or were you the first one? XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, and will they expect all of you to work the hours you're meant to do today, as in if you're working 4-10AM then 6 hours from when you actually get in and not if the door opening was late so 5 or 4 hours? Because screw your daily plans you work for us kind of thing? Still, that is bad. Was anyone else there when you first arrived or were you the first one? XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well I'll get paid as if I punched in at 5am because it isn't my fault no one is here to let me in. I'm scheduled until 12pm and I'll be leaving at that time; I'm not working a longer shift because of that so whatever I don't get done now won't get done.
As I wrote this someone finally showed up. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well I'll get paid as if I punched in at 5am because it isn't my fault no one is here to let me in. I'm scheduled until 12pm and I'll be leaving at that time; I'm not working a longer shift because of that so whatever I don't get done now won't get done.
As I wrote this someone finally showed up. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Got to dispute my first credit card purchase today! It was actually really easy this time, because I knew the exact situation it was caused in, so I can describe the whole tale. We recently got self-check outs, and I got the opportunity to glitch it! Yes, by accidentally scanning an item as I was bagging it while the transaction was processing, I managed to screw the whole thing up such that the transaction went through, but locked up the machine! The co-worker told me I should talk to the card company, so that's what I did, and I get the sinking feeling that I did things in the wrong order again. If it ever happens again, I will definitely tell the managers first next time.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Got to dispute my first credit card purchase today! It was actually really easy this time, because I knew the exact situation it was caused in, so I can describe the whole tale. We recently got self-check outs, and I got the opportunity to glitch it! Yes, by accidentally scanning an item as I was bagging it while the transaction was processing, I managed to screw the whole thing up such that the transaction went through, but locked up the machine! The co-worker told me I should talk to the card company, so that's what I did, and I get the sinking feeling that I did things in the wrong order again. If it ever happens again, I will definitely tell the managers first next time.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What did you need to dispute about it @Maniakkid25? Sounds like you weren't charged more than you were supposed to pay since it processed the transaction while you were bagging what you scanned.
Oh..wait I realized while writing this maybe you scanned something after you had nothing left to scan so paid for something extra. Likely would've been simpler to just go to customer service about it though to get the refund that way though wouldn't it? Unsure

I myself don't own a credit card and not sure if I ever will honestly. My parents aren't fond of them so I was raised with the idea of not relying on them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What did you need to dispute about it @Maniakkid25? Sounds like you weren't charged more than you were supposed to pay since it processed the transaction while you were bagging what you scanned.
Oh..wait I realized while writing this maybe you scanned something after you had nothing left to scan so paid for something extra. Likely would've been simpler to just go to customer service about it though to get the refund that way though wouldn't it? Unsure

I myself don't own a credit card and not sure if I ever will honestly. My parents aren't fond of them so I was raised with the idea of not relying on them.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I paid twice for the same items, because I had to go to a new machine and re-do the transaction.

I only have a credit card to have a credit score. My parents didn't get me signed up for one until I was working, so I didn't have a score to ruin, but right now I'm still about 350 in the hole with it, and I'm trying to claw out of it. Thankfully, I haven't missed a payment, so I'm doing really good, otherwise.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I paid twice for the same items, because I had to go to a new machine and re-do the transaction.

I only have a credit card to have a credit score. My parents didn't get me signed up for one until I was working, so I didn't have a score to ruin, but right now I'm still about 350 in the hole with it, and I'm trying to claw out of it. Thankfully, I haven't missed a payment, so I'm doing really good, otherwise.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My knowledge about credit cards is they're used to build a credit score for future things but if you showed me a number like that 350 and asked me to tell you if that's a good number I would have no clue. I don't even know what it exactly translates to; you could tell me it means you can take out up to $350 against your card to owe back to it and I'd believe you. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My knowledge about credit cards is they're used to build a credit score for future things but if you showed me a number like that 350 and asked me to tell you if that's a good number I would have no clue. I don't even know what it exactly translates to; you could tell me it means you can take out up to $350 against your card to owe back to it and I'd believe you. LOL
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
No, 350 in the hole means that I owe the card company $350. "In the hole" is a phrase that means "in debt" or "I owe people money". My credit score is completely unrelated to that.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
No, 350 in the hole means that I owe the card company $350. "In the hole" is a phrase that means "in debt" or "I owe people money". My credit score is completely unrelated to that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. How much do you have to pay every so often to not have it be bad for your credit? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. How much do you have to pay every so often to not have it be bad for your credit? Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
My minimums are $35 a month, but there's also interest on that debt, so it grows bigger as the months go on. Now that my monetary situation has stabilized, however, I should be able to pay it off before Christmas. I haven't missed any payments, because as long as I pay AT LEAST 35 bucks AT SOME POINT in the month, it counts. But, if I were to miss a payment, it would probably tank my credit score for a good 5 years or something. *checks* Actually, its 7 years. So, yeah, do not want.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
My minimums are $35 a month, but there's also interest on that debt, so it grows bigger as the months go on. Now that my monetary situation has stabilized, however, I should be able to pay it off before Christmas. I haven't missed any payments, because as long as I pay AT LEAST 35 bucks AT SOME POINT in the month, it counts. But, if I were to miss a payment, it would probably tank my credit score for a good 5 years or something. *checks* Actually, its 7 years. So, yeah, do not want.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wow, missing $35 even by like a day would deal a consequence severe enough to tank your score for like half a decade or more?! That seems excessive. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wow, missing $35 even by like a day would deal a consequence severe enough to tank your score for like half a decade or more?! That seems excessive. Errm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Welcome to credit; people don't care about context, they only care that you pay up, boi! And if you miss a payment, that makes you unreliable, so people will charge you more to make sure they make a profit. Capitalism, baby!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Welcome to credit; people don't care about context, they only care that you pay up, boi! And if you miss a payment, that makes you unreliable, so people will charge you more to make sure they make a profit. Capitalism, baby!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 4 98 May 3rd, 2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Kyng
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 46,492 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,909 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,900 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,890 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM