Summer Meltdown 2018 Begins Soon!
Get ready for our hottest event of the Summer as we host a variety of contests and activities where you'll get the chance to win some amazing prizes from our biggest prize pool in history!

Your first ever game?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 | Golf Story
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 333.45 XP
Uncharted Terraria The Legend of Zelda 
(06-11-2018, 10:06 PM)Monocle Wrote:
i mean, if we go by my mother, I've been with her playing games from the womb lololol

It was definitely legends of zelda. but consciously as child? Probably either Super Metroid or Contra 3. Contra 3 especially gave me tons of fun. cousins coming over and just having a blast and never finishing the game

I enjoy this bit of backstory we got here XD Wish my parents played games for me to have said that, too.

I don't know the exact origin of my SNES (if it was handed down to me by my brother, who was moving out at that time, or if I acquired it new as a gift), but I do believe my first few games on it were Yoshi's Island, The Lion King, Aladdin & Jungle Book. I cannot tell you what came first for me because I was around 2-3 years old and my memory is limited, but those were really some of the best experiences I've had with games at the time.
[Image: NieR_sig.jpg]
* Avatar brought to you in part by the lovely moawling
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 426.13 XP
If we went by systems, I can easily say the following, since they occurred in the last three years.

PS3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Which I have yet to finish, and that was three years ago)
Nintendo Switch: Super Mario Odyssey.
Nintendo 3DS: Ever Oasis.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
aerodynamik Offline
Newcomer
XP: 119.05 XP
I think early when games were still on square disks lol, where you had to put it another when you advanced further. Don't quite remember the name though. But that's where I started. And that was 20 years back in the 90's.
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Currently Playing
Dying Light (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(06-14-2018, 08:49 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
I think early when games were still on square disks lol, where you had to put it another when you advanced further.
Do you mean floppy discs? XD
[Image: Spyro.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

[Image: ForumAbilitiesSig.gif]
Kyng Offline
Newcomer
XP: 74.62 XP
Persona 
Well, the first game I ever played at all was "Mario Teaches Sums": an educational game which was very basic, and I didn't care much for it.

The Dorling Kindersley educational games were much better-made, and I had a whole bunch of them. I think my favourite ones were Dinosaur Hunter and Earth Quest; those games pretty much formed my original set of interests Tongue .

However, the first non-educational game that I played much of was Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix. Usually, instead of racing properly, I just turned on the 'Indestructible' driver aid, and smashed all of the other cars to pieces!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 | Golf Story
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 333.45 XP
Uncharted Terraria The Legend of Zelda 
Ah, educational games. I absolutely loved those. Had Big Thinkers, Math Blaster, even Sonic Schoolhouse (god those 90's 3D graphics were something else). There's another one I can't think of the name of, but it was inside this giant tree, had a factory, I think the characters were bears? Hmm
[Image: NieR_sig.jpg]
* Avatar brought to you in part by the lovely moawling

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Game You Played ShiraNoMai 19 662 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Let's talk game ports Tsu 11 400 06-20-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Guess The Video-Game Moonface 7 214 06-20-2018, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Kazan X. Lemuris
  General Game Chat ShiraNoMai 10 339 06-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord