A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 4th, 2023, 07:01 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
What is something you hope to see made better with the mechanics of LoZ Breath of the Wild: Tears of the Kingdom, either game play wise or tool wise?? (Just curious mostly.)
Hmm...
Although there is now the ability to warp upwards through ceilings, I hope that climbing has been tweaked to not be such a nightmare when it rains. Especially now that a lack of Revali's Gale means there isn't a quick way to ascend a tall cliff unless there's a spot to warp through it, but I know there was a lot of areas on BotW that did not feature overhangs on the cliffs. Even with RG some of the cliffs in the game were a nightmare to scale if it was raining, and passing time wasn't an option to skip the rain because a lot of the time there was nowhere to set up a campfire without the rain putting it out, and if we couldn't set up a campfire to pass time under a cliff during the rain then there's not gonna be a spot to use the warp ability either in that situation.

I also hope cooking is improved over BotW too; while there were a lot of recipes, it was usually most efficient to cook up durian's or banana's because they would make up full heals + bonus hearts, and it was easy to farm them once you reached the Faron (jungle) region. I'd also like a way to keep a record of discovered recipes too because having them on the walls of the inns was pointless when you would need to memorize it for when you'd eventually get the ingredients needed for the recipe, and checking a recipe list online wasn't worth the effort when again, durian's and banana's can carry any combination of ingredients you cook up.

Not too sure what changes could be made to tools, since we're losing Sheikah Slate abilities and I expect any changes made to the weapon system are entirely within the new crafting mechanic instead of improving anything that already existed. Assuming I'm not forgetting anything else I don't think there's any other tools in BotW for me to find a potential improvement. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 4th, 2023, 07:01 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
What is something you hope to see made better with the mechanics of LoZ Breath of the Wild: Tears of the Kingdom, either game play wise or tool wise?? (Just curious mostly.)
Hmm...
Although there is now the ability to warp upwards through ceilings, I hope that climbing has been tweaked to not be such a nightmare when it rains. Especially now that a lack of Revali's Gale means there isn't a quick way to ascend a tall cliff unless there's a spot to warp through it, but I know there was a lot of areas on BotW that did not feature overhangs on the cliffs. Even with RG some of the cliffs in the game were a nightmare to scale if it was raining, and passing time wasn't an option to skip the rain because a lot of the time there was nowhere to set up a campfire without the rain putting it out, and if we couldn't set up a campfire to pass time under a cliff during the rain then there's not gonna be a spot to use the warp ability either in that situation.

I also hope cooking is improved over BotW too; while there were a lot of recipes, it was usually most efficient to cook up durian's or banana's because they would make up full heals + bonus hearts, and it was easy to farm them once you reached the Faron (jungle) region. I'd also like a way to keep a record of discovered recipes too because having them on the walls of the inns was pointless when you would need to memorize it for when you'd eventually get the ingredients needed for the recipe, and checking a recipe list online wasn't worth the effort when again, durian's and banana's can carry any combination of ingredients you cook up.

Not too sure what changes could be made to tools, since we're losing Sheikah Slate abilities and I expect any changes made to the weapon system are entirely within the new crafting mechanic instead of improving anything that already existed. Assuming I'm not forgetting anything else I don't think there's any other tools in BotW for me to find a potential improvement. Hmm

Messages In This Thread
A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Moonface - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:41 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:48 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:22 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:12 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 8th, 2018, 04:56 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Chloe - Jun 16th, 2018, 01:32 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 27th, 2018, 04:55 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 16th, 2018, 04:24 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Dec 2nd, 2018, 01:31 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 24th, 2019, 03:13 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 25th, 2019, 09:14 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 16th, 2019, 07:01 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 19th, 2019, 11:25 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 5th, 2020, 11:01 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 5th, 2020, 11:07 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 5th, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 16th, 2020, 02:26 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 2nd, 2021, 12:53 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 2nd, 2021, 05:34 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 2nd, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 3rd, 2021, 03:21 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jul 21st, 2021, 06:21 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 7th, 2022, 02:50 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 7th, 2022, 07:52 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 16th, 2022, 05:39 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 19th, 2022, 01:39 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 19th, 2022, 02:39 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 16th, 2022, 11:57 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 17th, 2022, 03:43 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 25th, 2022, 07:23 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 25th, 2022, 08:57 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:17 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Frank - Sep 12th, 2022, 12:35 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Moonface - Apr 7th, 2023, 12:49 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 17th, 2023, 01:38 AM