General Game Chat
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I don't know if any of you play (or even have heard of ) Yu-Gi-Oh: Legacy of the Duelists, but I'm watching a gameplay of it and I'm incredibly bugged by the fact they put gigantic, non-subtle watermarks on ALL the cards. Really, guys? That makes the gorgeous art not pleasant to look at... it's hideous really.
Just a bad call.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I don't know if any of you play (or even have heard of ) Yu-Gi-Oh: Legacy of the Duelists, but I'm watching a gameplay of it and I'm incredibly bugged by the fact they put gigantic, non-subtle watermarks on ALL the cards. Really, guys? That makes the gorgeous art not pleasant to look at... it's hideous really.
Just a bad call.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 30th, 2018, 01:41 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Just a bad call.
King Atem is a Yu-Gi-Oh fan so they would probably know a fair amount about the games. Maybe Summer Queen too but I'm not 100% sure on that one. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Just a bad call.
King Atem is a Yu-Gi-Oh fan so they would probably know a fair amount about the games. Maybe Summer Queen too but I'm not 100% sure on that one. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So, as I mentioned in the latest purchases topic, I bought a NES Classic and pre-ordered a SNES Classic today. Gamestop had them both, and while I do not like giving Gamestop money, I figured I should probably just grab them there while I still could, since who knows how well Nintendo has re-stocked the supply of these things.

The NES one I'm not all that excited about. I mainly got it for my mom, because it has some classic arcade games on it that she loves. Can't wait to get the SNES one though. It'll allow me to play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars again without having to use an emulator, so it's going to be awesome.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So, as I mentioned in the latest purchases topic, I bought a NES Classic and pre-ordered a SNES Classic today. Gamestop had them both, and while I do not like giving Gamestop money, I figured I should probably just grab them there while I still could, since who knows how well Nintendo has re-stocked the supply of these things.

The NES one I'm not all that excited about. I mainly got it for my mom, because it has some classic arcade games on it that she loves. Can't wait to get the SNES one though. It'll allow me to play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars again without having to use an emulator, so it's going to be awesome.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Just a bad call.

It's a copyright issue I believe. They do the same thing with Duel Links. It's to prevent people from using their artwork in games of their own, like the various Yugioh emulators online. Not that it actually stops it of course, but still.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Just a bad call.

It's a copyright issue I believe. They do the same thing with Duel Links. It's to prevent people from using their artwork in games of their own, like the various Yugioh emulators online. Not that it actually stops it of course, but still.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 3rd, 2018, 12:37 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
Just a bad call.

Nono, I get ya. It's just that it feels like there should be a way around it that doesn't punish the legit player who bought the game? I'd be pretty pissed off if that happened to me, after ages of playing other Yu-Gi-Oh! games without that (not to mention, the artwork is present on the Wiki anyway).

Still, this is a pretty fascinating topic, my friend. Looks like we are going back to the glorious days of copy-protection sheet-like schemes.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Just a bad call.

Nono, I get ya. It's just that it feels like there should be a way around it that doesn't punish the legit player who bought the game? I'd be pretty pissed off if that happened to me, after ages of playing other Yu-Gi-Oh! games without that (not to mention, the artwork is present on the Wiki anyway).

Still, this is a pretty fascinating topic, my friend. Looks like we are going back to the glorious days of copy-protection sheet-like schemes.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 3rd, 2018, 12:49 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Just a bad call.

Pssh all paying customers are trying to screw us over! After all we try to do all we can to screw them over! - Some Exec somewhere.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 3rd, 2018, 12:49 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Just a bad call.

Pssh all paying customers are trying to screw us over! After all we try to do all we can to screw them over! - Some Exec somewhere.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jul 2nd, 2018, 11:10 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

My favorite thing is the save states, and I'm sure it'll definitely help out in an RPG if you make a mistake. Also you can play with your mom on Mario Kart since it allows for multiplayer!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jul 2nd, 2018, 11:10 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

My favorite thing is the save states, and I'm sure it'll definitely help out in an RPG if you make a mistake. Also you can play with your mom on Mario Kart since it allows for multiplayer!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Star Ocean: Anamnesis released in English today. Normally I'm anti-mobile game, but I'm actually looking forward to playing this. Since there hasn't been a good Star Ocean game since SO3, maybe this game will be able to scratch that itch a bit for me. At least until I get around to playing the PS4 port of SO3.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Star Ocean: Anamnesis released in English today. Normally I'm anti-mobile game, but I'm actually looking forward to playing this. Since there hasn't been a good Star Ocean game since SO3, maybe this game will be able to scratch that itch a bit for me. At least until I get around to playing the PS4 port of SO3.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hate games that allow utter gibbons to play online in the same lobbies as good players. 10 times I've been joined into a game where the entire team has the shared mental capacity of a toddler and then complains when we end up being eliminated almost instantly. Hmph
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,597 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hate games that allow utter gibbons to play online in the same lobbies as good players. 10 times I've been joined into a game where the entire team has the shared mental capacity of a toddler and then complains when we end up being eliminated almost instantly. Hmph
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 12th, 2018, 11:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Sounds like about every FPS game ever.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 13th, 2018, 02:46 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

When my team in Rocket League avatar is all PSN for avatars I know Im gonna have a bad time.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

When my team in Rocket League avatar is all PSN for avatars I know Im gonna have a bad time.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 13th, 2018, 03:21 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Be glad I was never on your team... I kind of really like to just drive backwards and seeing what happens Tongue
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

Be glad I was never on your team... I kind of really like to just drive backwards and seeing what happens Tongue
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 13th, 2018, 03:33 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Eh, at lease you are not doing own goals then Tongue (Im guilty of that...damn physics)

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Eh, at lease you are not doing own goals then Tongue (Im guilty of that...damn physics)
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 13th, 2018, 04:20 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Ahhhh... that cursed physics engine.
Like, it's been a couple of years since I last played the game (I think, it was over at a friend's house anyway) but I recall being the master of driving the ball anywhere BUT the goal. Man, what an infuriating thing Tongue
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 13th, 2018, 04:20 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Ahhhh... that cursed physics engine.
Like, it's been a couple of years since I last played the game (I think, it was over at a friend's house anyway) but I recall being the master of driving the ball anywhere BUT the goal. Man, what an infuriating thing Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Wait, when did everyone start playing World of Tanks? Because that sounds just like the average WoT player
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Wait, when did everyone start playing World of Tanks? Because that sounds just like the average WoT player

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 786 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,925 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface