Apparel
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,804
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since we're all civilized people who I'm sure don't sit naked in our gaming basements wishing Aloy looked more feminine, and since I don't think this has ever been discussed in the history of this forum, let's talk about apparel! Grin

What sort of things do/did you like to wear? What fashionable items do you think look cool (even if you'd never wear them)? Is there a certain place you get most of your attire from? Are you old enough to remember the days where girls and women rarely wore pants/trousers in school/office settings? I'm sure the American users here are potentially going to have had a lot more interesting apparel over the years just because they didn't have to wear a uniform all the time in school like us Brits have to. Tongue

I tend to be pretty simple about what I wear these days, with most of my wardrobe being t-shirts and shorts/jeans. 90% of the t-shirts I own though have some sort of gaming related design on them, with most of them coming from the Yetee, and others are from conventions such as Comic Con, Pax, etc. I do have a few button shirts for more formal occasions but I rarely wear them.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,804 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since we're all civilized people who I'm sure don't sit naked in our gaming basements wishing Aloy looked more feminine, and since I don't think this has ever been discussed in the history of this forum, let's talk about apparel! Grin

What sort of things do/did you like to wear? What fashionable items do you think look cool (even if you'd never wear them)? Is there a certain place you get most of your attire from? Are you old enough to remember the days where girls and women rarely wore pants/trousers in school/office settings? I'm sure the American users here are potentially going to have had a lot more interesting apparel over the years just because they didn't have to wear a uniform all the time in school like us Brits have to. Tongue

I tend to be pretty simple about what I wear these days, with most of my wardrobe being t-shirts and shorts/jeans. 90% of the t-shirts I own though have some sort of gaming related design on them, with most of them coming from the Yetee, and others are from conventions such as Comic Con, Pax, etc. I do have a few button shirts for more formal occasions but I rarely wear them.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Hey Moony some of us do live that way!   I honestly question whether that guy that made that complaint ever actually looks at people...Aloy looks like an ordinary girl to me.

Oh this is an interesting thing due to my time in a Christian private school for about 6+ years of my education we did have a formal uniform and I honestly found it to be a bit silly. I honestly would probably experiment with my wardrobe more if I wasn't in the closet to my parents, but I honestly don't think I'd get kicked out, but I would be getting the talking to about a life time as my oldest sibling basically got that and frankly I don't really want to go through that myself. Errm

Most of the time I just wear comfortable T-shirts and pants, but one day that will probably change!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Hey Moony some of us do live that way!   I honestly question whether that guy that made that complaint ever actually looks at people...Aloy looks like an ordinary girl to me.

Oh this is an interesting thing due to my time in a Christian private school for about 6+ years of my education we did have a formal uniform and I honestly found it to be a bit silly. I honestly would probably experiment with my wardrobe more if I wasn't in the closet to my parents, but I honestly don't think I'd get kicked out, but I would be getting the talking to about a life time as my oldest sibling basically got that and frankly I don't really want to go through that myself. Errm

Most of the time I just wear comfortable T-shirts and pants, but one day that will probably change!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"Yuri": What was your uniform made up of? For mine it was always a pair of black dress pants and a white polo shirt (summer) or white full button shirt with a tie (winter) for primary school, and the same pants but a regular white buttoned shirt with a tie and blazer in secondary school. I can't criticize the blazer though; it had so many pockets to carry stuff in. XD

I remember there was a time I couldn't wear jeans when I was younger because I had bad eczema and if it ever rained, the chemicals in the jeans would react badly with it and cause me great pain. I think I only started wearing jeans again when I bought some from Macy's during my first visit to @ShiraNoMai in 2012. ROFL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"Yuri": What was your uniform made up of? For mine it was always a pair of black dress pants and a white polo shirt (summer) or white full button shirt with a tie (winter) for primary school, and the same pants but a regular white buttoned shirt with a tie and blazer in secondary school. I can't criticize the blazer though; it had so many pockets to carry stuff in. XD

I remember there was a time I couldn't wear jeans when I was younger because I had bad eczema and if it ever rained, the chemicals in the jeans would react badly with it and cause me great pain. I think I only started wearing jeans again when I bought some from Macy's during my first visit to @ShiraNoMai in 2012. ROFL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it was just cotton it was a dress shirt or polo shirt with khaki dress pants and it didn't really change during the seasons or anything we sadly did not have any blazers so I just had the standard pockets.

Oh that sounds painful! So your addiction to jean fashion can really be traced back to the usual suspect! Gasp It was Nikki all along!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it was just cotton it was a dress shirt or polo shirt with khaki dress pants and it didn't really change during the seasons or anything we sadly did not have any blazers so I just had the standard pockets.

Oh that sounds painful! So your addiction to jean fashion can really be traced back to the usual suspect! Gasp It was Nikki all along!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My attire hasn't really changed over the course of my life. It's always been graphic tee plus comfortable bottoms, from cotton shorts and pants to jeans (with and without holes). I've never been a skirt or dress type person (and that may be due to the fact I'm little gender queer in that regard), so I'm glad I've only had to wear them during only a handful parts of my life.

Luckily the only uniforms I've had to adhere to in school (thanks to being in the public school system) were to don a polo t-shirt with either khaki or other non-jean/sweatpant bottoms that went below the knee during middle school. Elementary and High School were free for all (with the exception of whatever was deemed inappropriate, like no sleeveless tops, shorts and skirts shorter than your hands can reach on your sides, flip flops, AKA things that were only rules for girls).
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,266 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My attire hasn't really changed over the course of my life. It's always been graphic tee plus comfortable bottoms, from cotton shorts and pants to jeans (with and without holes). I've never been a skirt or dress type person (and that may be due to the fact I'm little gender queer in that regard), so I'm glad I've only had to wear them during only a handful parts of my life.

Luckily the only uniforms I've had to adhere to in school (thanks to being in the public school system) were to don a polo t-shirt with either khaki or other non-jean/sweatpant bottoms that went below the knee during middle school. Elementary and High School were free for all (with the exception of whatever was deemed inappropriate, like no sleeveless tops, shorts and skirts shorter than your hands can reach on your sides, flip flops, AKA things that were only rules for girls).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm basic really, usually just a thermal t-shirt and jeans/trousers or jogging bottoms/sweatpants if I'm at home. As the weather has been cold/cool the whole year (until this week) I'm likely to wear a hoodie/jacket over my t-shirt. As we're nearing summer and our weather has improved finally it's a normal t-shirt with either nothing or a design from a game/anime or whatever I like on it with the bottoms or shorts. Might wear another short sleeved open shirt over my t-shirt if the temperature isn't really hot when out.

Uniforms, well same as Moony. Ah yes the blazer pockets of secondary school where you can stick your school diary and pencil case (if it wasn't huge in which case in hand or it's own pocket) and quite possibly something else, and that's in one side. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,162 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm basic really, usually just a thermal t-shirt and jeans/trousers or jogging bottoms/sweatpants if I'm at home. As the weather has been cold/cool the whole year (until this week) I'm likely to wear a hoodie/jacket over my t-shirt. As we're nearing summer and our weather has improved finally it's a normal t-shirt with either nothing or a design from a game/anime or whatever I like on it with the bottoms or shorts. Might wear another short sleeved open shirt over my t-shirt if the temperature isn't really hot when out.

Uniforms, well same as Moony. Ah yes the blazer pockets of secondary school where you can stick your school diary and pencil case (if it wasn't huge in which case in hand or it's own pocket) and quite possibly something else, and that's in one side. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 04:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Honestly graphic tee plus comfortable bottoms seem like the best way to go if you want to look good and comofrtable for both genders it feel like what most people tend to go for it. I suspect that when I can actually get to the point where I can be out and experiment I feel like I might be a fan of skirts, but I don't know about dresses.

But much like everyone else I suspect that the tee with comfortable bottoms is the way to go. XD

@Mr EliteL 

Thermal T-shirt? Gasp Does that mean you have them thermal underwear? If so do you get one of those butt flaps that I've seen in old cartoons?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 04:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Honestly graphic tee plus comfortable bottoms seem like the best way to go if you want to look good and comofrtable for both genders it feel like what most people tend to go for it. I suspect that when I can actually get to the point where I can be out and experiment I feel like I might be a fan of skirts, but I don't know about dresses.

But much like everyone else I suspect that the tee with comfortable bottoms is the way to go. XD

@Mr EliteL 

Thermal T-shirt? Gasp Does that mean you have them thermal underwear? If so do you get one of those butt flaps that I've seen in old cartoons?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 11:24 PM)Karo Wrote:

XD Haha, no no. Only thermal T-shirts, two short and two long sleeved I own, nothing more. Deem trousers pointless as I don't really get cold legs and just need to move about if I happen to to keep warm. So thermal underwear absolutely not needed. LOL Feet do get chilly but ah, again moving about should eventually warm my feet up.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 11:24 PM)Karo Wrote:

XD Haha, no no. Only thermal T-shirts, two short and two long sleeved I own, nothing more. Deem trousers pointless as I don't really get cold legs and just need to move about if I happen to to keep warm. So thermal underwear absolutely not needed. LOL Feet do get chilly but ah, again moving about should eventually warm my feet up.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 03:20 AM)Karo Wrote:
It really was. I wouldn't even be able to walk. As for getting addicted to jeans again, not really. I only own three pairs which are the ones I got back in 2012, and I only tend to wear them if it's raining.

Also to add onto thermal underwear, there's really no point to it. Thermal pants would basically get you a similar result but with the added benefit of keeping your legs warm too.

Since it hasn't come up yet (I think), what do/did people wear when they sleep? I've almost always gone for just shorts and a t-shirt, but in England I'd sometimes sleep in long sleeve shirts to keep warm at night during the winter. I can't remember if I had any long pyjama bottoms in England or if I only got some of those when I moved to America. Maybe Shira can recall if she gifted any of them to me before I moved here or not. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 03:20 AM)Karo Wrote:
It really was. I wouldn't even be able to walk. As for getting addicted to jeans again, not really. I only own three pairs which are the ones I got back in 2012, and I only tend to wear them if it's raining.

Also to add onto thermal underwear, there's really no point to it. Thermal pants would basically get you a similar result but with the added benefit of keeping your legs warm too.

Since it hasn't come up yet (I think), what do/did people wear when they sleep? I've almost always gone for just shorts and a t-shirt, but in England I'd sometimes sleep in long sleeve shirts to keep warm at night during the winter. I can't remember if I had any long pyjama bottoms in England or if I only got some of those when I moved to America. Maybe Shira can recall if she gifted any of them to me before I moved here or not. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nah I think you only got long pajama bottoms when getting here, ironically. I try not to wear them too often, mostly in winter months when it's cool enough to wear them. Otherwise, the shorter the better. Even with all the A/Cs and fans going, can never be too cool in bed. Smile

Bed attire is generally an old shirt with some old shorts or pajama-specific bottoms (meaning: specifically made for bed).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nah I think you only got long pajama bottoms when getting here, ironically. I try not to wear them too often, mostly in winter months when it's cool enough to wear them. Otherwise, the shorter the better. Even with all the A/Cs and fans going, can never be too cool in bed. Smile

Bed attire is generally an old shirt with some old shorts or pajama-specific bottoms (meaning: specifically made for bed).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
For bed just pyjama shirt and shorts, in colder nights pyjama long-sleeved shirt (at the moment own a buttoned shirt) and long pyjama trousers. For hot nights then just boxers or the shorts, I never like going fully nude, I don't care if I'm the only one in my bed, I will always wear at least something below.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I prefer the shirt and shorts, and feel like I may start to prefer only shorts soon.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
For bed just pyjama shirt and shorts, in colder nights pyjama long-sleeved shirt (at the moment own a buttoned shirt) and long pyjama trousers. For hot nights then just boxers or the shorts, I never like going fully nude, I don't care if I'm the only one in my bed, I will always wear at least something below.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I prefer the shirt and shorts, and feel like I may start to prefer only shorts soon.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seeing @ShiraNoMai mention old clothes for pajamas made me realize most of the time I just use clothes no longer good for going out as pajamas or around the house clothes rather than throwing them out. Beats paying for specific pajama attire. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Seeing @ShiraNoMai mention old clothes for pajamas made me realize most of the time I just use clothes no longer good for going out as pajamas or around the house clothes rather than throwing them out. Beats paying for specific pajama attire. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
What's everyone's typical clothing lifespan? I tend to keep things for at least 10 years before I start replacing shit. I think underwear tends to be the first thing that gets replaced, next to socks, cuz holes appear more often where there is moisture Whistle

Shirts tend to be the last things that get replaced. I still have shirts from early high school that I could still wear. Heck, I still had my middle school gym outfit still in my pajama drawer up until I moved into my new place LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
What's everyone's typical clothing lifespan? I tend to keep things for at least 10 years before I start replacing shit. I think underwear tends to be the first thing that gets replaced, next to socks, cuz holes appear more often where there is moisture Whistle

Shirts tend to be the last things that get replaced. I still have shirts from early high school that I could still wear. Heck, I still had my middle school gym outfit still in my pajama drawer up until I moved into my new place LOL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I still have clothes from 15 years ago, although I don't wear most of it because it isn't suited to Florida weather since it's long sleeved. Tongue

I won't replace clothing until it's basically falling apart though, including shoes. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I still have clothes from 15 years ago, although I don't wear most of it because it isn't suited to Florida weather since it's long sleeved. Tongue

I won't replace clothing until it's basically falling apart though, including shoes. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Mainly ranging from 5-15 years I think, well as I'm not exactly growing anymore. May start building more muscle soon so perhaps I'll be changing some clothes or I'll just fill them up better. I'll see what happens. Do have some clothes from 10 years ago, well T-shirts and some hoodies/tops. Some T-shirts I barely wear but want to keep perhaps even longer. Trousers last less than them, earliest one may be from 6 or 7 years ago, due to me either no liking them anymore or holes in the knees or tearing in places. Don't care about holes in trousers/jeans can be seen as fashionable but I dislike it for me. I get through work socks quite quickly, other socks can last 5 years or so, depending on how much I've worn them or barely 1 year or less because of holes suddenly appearing too soon. Shoes eh maybe 5 years if they last that long or 2 if not. Work shoes 1 or so. Underwear goes when they need to go, but I get new ones during their lifespan, then new ones later on top of the previous "new". I do that with socks too. Heck I have some socks that came from a pack of new socks but didn't wear a pair to save for later or when the other of it's kind go.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Mainly ranging from 5-15 years I think, well as I'm not exactly growing anymore. May start building more muscle soon so perhaps I'll be changing some clothes or I'll just fill them up better. I'll see what happens. Do have some clothes from 10 years ago, well T-shirts and some hoodies/tops. Some T-shirts I barely wear but want to keep perhaps even longer. Trousers last less than them, earliest one may be from 6 or 7 years ago, due to me either no liking them anymore or holes in the knees or tearing in places. Don't care about holes in trousers/jeans can be seen as fashionable but I dislike it for me. I get through work socks quite quickly, other socks can last 5 years or so, depending on how much I've worn them or barely 1 year or less because of holes suddenly appearing too soon. Shoes eh maybe 5 years if they last that long or 2 if not. Work shoes 1 or so. Underwear goes when they need to go, but I get new ones during their lifespan, then new ones later on top of the previous "new". I do that with socks too. Heck I have some socks that came from a pack of new socks but didn't wear a pair to save for later or when the other of it's kind go.