I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
In game term that called slugging and it can be useful in certain situation like let say if you need to stop the survivor from completing a gen. What did you think of the tutorial? Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
In game term that called slugging and it can be useful in certain situation like let say if you need to stop the survivor from completing a gen. What did you think of the tutorial? Gasp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,742
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the tutorials could be better at explaining some things, such as telling the player the actual controls. Also, can a survivor look around while running or is it really only possible when standing still?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,742 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the tutorials could be better at explaining some things, such as telling the player the actual controls. Also, can a survivor look around while running or is it really only possible when standing still?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You can look around while running it does take some getting used too, but it can be invaluable cause you need to know where the killer is!

Cricket and me are probably going to play after dinner would you like to join us for some matches? Gasp

Nikki is invited too if she home and would like to play with us!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You can look around while running it does take some getting used too, but it can be invaluable cause you need to know where the killer is!

Cricket and me are probably going to play after dinner would you like to join us for some matches? Gasp

Nikki is invited too if she home and would like to play with us!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Depending on what time after dinner is for you two then sure. As for looking around, I'm mostly wondering if I can look behind me when running.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Depending on what time after dinner is for you two then sure. As for looking around, I'm mostly wondering if I can look behind me when running.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You can look behind you while running I'm assuming your using the mouse and keyboard though if your using a controller it probably possible, but I have no frame of reference for controller.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You can look behind you while running I'm assuming your using the mouse and keyboard though if your using a controller it probably possible, but I have no frame of reference for controller.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never play with a controller on PC. Tongue
I figured that you can just run facing any direction without slowing down so I just did that to look around. XD

So far it's growing on me. I think the biggest failing the game does is just not explaining very much. I would like to not have to guess what killer abilities are and it would be nice to play with bots using any characters so that you could use that to learn and try characters out before buying them or facing them online.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never play with a controller on PC. Tongue
I figured that you can just run facing any direction without slowing down so I just did that to look around. XD

So far it's growing on me. I think the biggest failing the game does is just not explaining very much. I would like to not have to guess what killer abilities are and it would be nice to play with bots using any characters so that you could use that to learn and try characters out before buying them or facing them online.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah its very much a game that doesn't hold your hand when your new. The new tutorial honestly doesn't really explain as much the main differences is it now has you step into Trapper's traps. The bot games actually came out with the RE chapter before there wasn't even any bots games and the bots do pretty well really.

They don't ever try to mind game you, but sometime they do move pretty rough when approaching a gen.

Now to lure more of you into the fog where the game will never end! >Grin Then we can become a toxic SWF and give killer mains a run for their money!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah its very much a game that doesn't hold your hand when your new. The new tutorial honestly doesn't really explain as much the main differences is it now has you step into Trapper's traps. The bot games actually came out with the RE chapter before there wasn't even any bots games and the bots do pretty well really.

They don't ever try to mind game you, but sometime they do move pretty rough when approaching a gen.

Now to lure more of you into the fog where the game will never end! >Grin Then we can become a toxic SWF and give killer mains a run for their money!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Where can I find bot games outside of the tutorial? I looked and didn't see any so I just assumed you can only do matches online or the tutorials again.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Where can I find bot games outside of the tutorial? I looked and didn't see any so I just assumed you can only do matches online or the tutorials again.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sadly they are so far only in the tutorial, but it might change eventually as they are slowing improving the game. Gasp
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Sadly they are so far only in the tutorial, but it might change eventually as they are slowing improving the game. Gasp
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,858
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, sorry I couldn't join you guys for that session; Steam is a jerk when it comes to modifying files in DBD, and I don't know why. I'm gonna move some stuff around, see if that helps, but we'll see.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,858 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, sorry I couldn't join you guys for that session; Steam is a jerk when it comes to modifying files in DBD, and I don't know why. I'm gonna move some stuff around, see if that helps, but we'll see.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 9th, 2021, 03:30 AM)Karo Wrote:
It wouldn't be so bad if you can choose who to play as in the tutorials so you have a way to practice before going online. Especially with so many established players in the game already.

@Maniakkid25: That's okay. I'm going to be buying the game anyway so there's not going to be any rush. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 9th, 2021, 03:30 AM)Karo Wrote:
It wouldn't be so bad if you can choose who to play as in the tutorials so you have a way to practice before going online. Especially with so many established players in the game already.

@Maniakkid25: That's okay. I'm going to be buying the game anyway so there's not going to be any rush. Tongue
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So just saw a tweet by bhvr that they are working out the major performance bugs that the console version of DBD was experiencing with the resident evil update.

The midchaptor patch which includes the survivor model rework comes out July 27th.

To compensate players for the performance issues they are giving away 300k BP and 3k iredescent shares to those that long I'm before the midchapter patch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/st...2966877189
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
So just saw a tweet by bhvr that they are working out the major performance bugs that the console version of DBD was experiencing with the resident evil update.

The midchaptor patch which includes the survivor model rework comes out July 27th.

To compensate players for the performance issues they are giving away 300k BP and 3k iredescent shares to those that long I'm before the midchapter patch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/st...2966877189
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does that reward also go to PC players since in theory we weren't affected because the bugs are on the console versions?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Does that reward also go to PC players since in theory we weren't affected because the bugs are on the console versions?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
These rewards go to everyone because we are all on the same server anyways.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
These rewards go to everyone because we are all on the same server anyways.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I got them from logging in about an hour ago to play a few matches.

I have a question I got reminded of when I was playing just now; what does it mean when the spider leg looking things show up around a players character icon on the left side of the screen? It turns up even before they get hooked so I know it's not related to that, but the game doesn't bother to educate me about it because of course it doesn't. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I got them from logging in about an hour ago to play a few matches.

I have a question I got reminded of when I was playing just now; what does it mean when the spider leg looking things show up around a players character icon on the left side of the screen? It turns up even before they get hooked so I know it's not related to that, but the game doesn't bother to educate me about it because of course it doesn't. Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dead Space (Series) WR91 24 6,748 Jan 29th, 2023, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Walking Dead (Telltale Series) WR91 1 2,099 Oct 2nd, 2020, 09:48 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Red Dead Redemption II Moonface 25 17,770 Sep 28th, 2020, 09:34 PM
Last Post: WR91