Universal Gaming
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet (/showthread.php?tid=1044)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Moonface - Nov 30th, 2022

Seeing this game running at 60fps, along with BotW, really makes me hope that Nintendo's next system is able to run their games at that frame rate. I could even forgive the lacklustre visual quality of SV if it was running at a solid 60fps, instead of the constantly sub-30 we currently have.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Dragon Lord - Dec 1st, 2022

Also, what are people's opinions on the final evos of the starters?

Grass cat starts out as my favorite, but its final evo is super ass. The fire starter actually ends up being the one I like the best of the final evos (though this is a picking the best of the worst kind of situation regardless).

I just can't believe how much promise weed kitty had only to be absolutely ruined in the end.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Moonface - Dec 1st, 2022

I'm on break in class right now so I don't have time to share my thoughts on the starter evolutions, but I did just see that Nintendo announced a patch for this game and that they're taking the feedback about issues with the game very seriously:

Didn't get to read the notes yet on the patch so no idea what's being addressed specifically but hopefully it's good.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Dragon Lord - Dec 1st, 2022

Version 1.1.0: 

• Season 1 of Ranked Battles will kick off, allowing you to enjoy Ranked Battles through the Battle Stadium
  • An issue has been fixed that caused the music to not play correctly during the battles with Elite Four and the Top Champion in Victory Road path. 
  • Other select bug fixes have been made

So nothing that addresses any of the performance issues of the game and just a couple of minor bugs being fixed. 

Also the "We take feedback from players seriously" bit definitely screams "general PR response," so I'll believe they're actually going to fix any of the performance of these games when I actually see it happen, because just last week they were denying knowing that there were any issues with how the games. 

In other news: After a week of watching Pokemon fans defend these disastrous releases, I am now getting to watch them claim that voice acting would "ruin" Pokemon games and that voice acting would cost way too much (you know, from the companies that make billions of dollars off Pokemon and also apparently had the money to waste on a garbage musician like Ed Sheeran to do a song). 

These Gamefreak white knights are definitely giving off this vibe very well to anyone who is criticizing GF/TPC/Nintendo or these games: 

[Image: fe9.jpg]

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Moonface - Dec 1st, 2022

Any tweets I've seen demonstrating the game with voice acting have shown just how much better the games would be with it. Even if just for main characters it would be something. Heck I'd even take just generic noises, just anything except pure silence. That one singing performance in SwSh was painful because of the lack of any vocal sounds.

As for the patch, I wish they didn't just throw in "bug fixes". I hate any game that does that in their patch notes because then everyone has to manually test stuff out to find out for ourselves what was actually fixed, and I can never think of a good reason for why the fixes can't be fully listed; it just tells me they're hiding something such as just how many bugs the game really has or something.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Mr EliteL - Dec 2nd, 2022

I've yet to even see the full all three starter line-ups, haven't really checked anything out since release apart from what's been posted in this topic. I'll have a look now at the starters at least...

Second evo of the cat is fine and favourite out of the 9 designs, but what happened to the last evolution?!
Second evo of croc is meh, third is OK.
Second evo of duck is...don't hate it but don't like it, final one is best out of it's line.

Croc would be my pick out of three though now knowing what they look like.
Looking at the rest of the new Pokémon, there's not one that stands out for me, at least in SwSh there were some I'd look forward to having in my party and spend time on. Would keep the Croc but it would easily be replaced with Arcanine. Oof.

Haven't really got an opinion about voice acting, just accepted what BW/BW2, HG/SS and SwSh (the games I own) had was what we get. Never really considered actual voice acting and I'm used to just reading text for dialogue in other games so I would be fine if it continued that way. Not saying the series shouldn't get voice acting just...eh.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Moonface - Dec 4th, 2022

Oh yeah I forgot to give my thoughts on the starter evolutions. Sweat

For secondary evolutions, my view is Crocalor >> Quaxwell >> Floragato, and for the finals it's Skeledirge >> Meowscarada >> Quaquaval.
Out of them all though I think Fuecoco is the only line that I really like at all. The other two are okay but I'm meh on them overall in comparison.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - ShiraNoMai - Dec 5th, 2022

I've seen vague photos of them but I'm trying to still keep spoiler-free somehow. It's been a struggle cuz Twitter loves pushing S/V to my feed Suffer

I hope they actually address some of the issues. I know going after the real critical bugs is priority, and performance stuff can come after, but good lord. Shipping broke ass games again in [current year] is still baffling, but ugh.

I managed to get the 60FPS mod, but I have no idea how to apply it. Trying to learn how to mod this stuff is strange. It's different than other console mods that exist out there ROFL

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Moonface - Dec 12th, 2022

For anyone who has played this enough to see it or doesn't care for spoilers to have seen it by other means, has anyone else here seen the ending to this game? I saw it a few days ago and I get the impression it comes out of left field really hard with no build-up beforehand, but even if that's not the case it still might be one of the craziest endings a Pokémon game has had. XD

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - queenzelda - Dec 17th, 2022

(Dec 12th, 2022, 11:31 PM)Moonface Wrote:
For anyone who has played this enough to see it or doesn't care for spoilers to have seen it by other means, has anyone else here seen the ending to this game? I saw it a few days ago and I get the impression it comes out of left field really hard with no build-up beforehand, but even if that's not the case it still might be one of the craziest endings a Pokémon game has had. XD

Depending on the game you play, I feel that the same ending in Scarlet compared to Violet makes NO SENSE AT ALL. In Violet it actually makes perfect sense impo. But for Scarlet? Then yea, the ending does seem to come from left field. 

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - aerodynamik - Dec 18th, 2022

Does anyone play on a big screen television? Like 70 inches ? Been a while since I played due the lack of time, but I've been wanting to try it out on TV now that I found my dock station back.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Moonface - Dec 20th, 2022

(Dec 17th, 2022, 06:16 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

Depending on the game you play, I feel that the same ending in Scarlet compared to Violet makes NO SENSE AT ALL. In Violet it actually makes perfect sense impo. But for Scarlet? Then yea, the ending does seem to come from left field. 

Scarlet is the one with the professor who's into ancient stuff rather than futuristic right? Now that you mention it, yeah, I actually don't get how the ending fits into Scarlet as well as it does in Violet either, and while I don't know all of the intricate details of the ending your pitch at least sounds like a good way to keep things as close as possible to the current ending in a way that fits the prehistoric/future theme more cohesively. Smile

(Dec 18th, 2022, 09:12 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Does anyone play on a big screen television? Like 70 inches ? Been a while since I played due the lack of time, but I've been wanting to try it out on TV now that I found my dock station back.
Not this game, but @ShiraNoMai did play Arceus on our TV which is 50 inches I think, and that game looked fine on there although it did make the texture quality and iffy anti-aliasing more noticeable (which I'd imagine would be even more pronounced on a TV 20 inches larger). This game however isn't on par to Arceus visually though, so I wouldn't expect it necessarily looks good running a screen that large. Your post did give me a thread idea though...

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - aerodynamik - Dec 20th, 2022

(Dec 20th, 2022, 12:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Dec 17th, 2022, 06:16 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

Scarlet is the one with the professor who's into ancient stuff rather than futuristic right? Now that you mention it, yeah, I actually don't get how the ending fits into Scarlet as well as it does in Violet either, and while I don't know all of the intricate details of the ending your pitch at least sounds like a good way to keep things as close as possible to the current ending in a way that fits the prehistoric/future theme more cohesively. Smile

(Dec 18th, 2022, 09:12 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Not this game, but @ShiraNoMai did play Arceus on our TV which is 50 inches I think, and that game looked fine on there although it did make the texture quality and iffy anti-aliasing more noticeable (which I'd imagine would be even more pronounced on a TV 20 inches larger). This game however isn't on par to Arceus visually though, so I wouldn't expect it necessarily looks good running a screen that large. Your post did give me a thread idea though...
Where is the like button if you need one. Tongue

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Dragon Lord - Dec 20th, 2022

Yeah, Switch games are going to suffer from being spread across a larger screen. Should still be absolutely playable, but expect some aspects of the game to look pretty disgusting compared to when being run in handheld mode.

Gonna be interesting to see how Switch games look on my OLED TV compared to my OLED Switch, haha.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - queenzelda - Dec 27th, 2022

@aerodynamik I tend to play S/V on my big screen HD tv that can support playing my PS5 & yes it stutters when in the big towns. But once you leave its not too bad. I have read there is a mod for the game to fix that if you wanna hax your Switch. I don't personally care, I just beat the game, completed my Pokedex in Violet and moved on.