Universal Gaming
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet (/showthread.php?tid=1044)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 6th, 2022

Jump into a Paldean Journey Trailer

• Pokémon that shine while roaming the wild will Terastalize when fought. Dealing enough damage will undo their Terastalization, allowing you to catch them.
  • TM Machine - The player can make TM's with materials at this machine, found at Pokémon Centers. Materials are found by defeating wild Pokémon.
  • Picnics - Send your Pokémon out into the overworld and take photos with them, as well as feed them a variety of food that can give special effects including HP restoration. You can even find Pokémon Eggs from your Pokémon in the feature!
  • *New Pokémon* Farigiraf (Normal/Psychic) - Evolved form of Girafarig

@aerodynamik: The most notable differences are the version exclusive Pokémon, although there are also some visual differences in these games too when it comes to the school you join and certain characters. The best list I could find right now is this one: https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-scarlet-violet/Version_Differences_and_Exclusives

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Mr EliteL - Oct 6th, 2022

Ah so are they really going down the road of creating alternate versions of existing Pokémon and classing them as different Pokémon altogether? OK. Not sure I'm a fan of that at the moment. Perhaps they'll be a sub entry alongside the original in the Pokédex.

Girafarig really is an update to this game, huh, and not just what I mistook earlier. XD So it actually gets an evolved now, hm.

The Let's Go command to send the Pokémon out to battle quickly is neat though, especially if you're running around in an area you explored earlier with low level Pokémon. Wonder what happens if you try and battle a Pokémon too strong and yours is defeated immediately. They're knocked out and you have to use your next Pokémon, enter the battle yourself or forced to, or able to run and heal up the KO'd Pokémon.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 6th, 2022

I'd expect a Pokémon that gets KO'd in Let's Go mode to just be recalled back to its ball automatically. I do wonder though what happens if you send out your last remaining Pokémon in that mode and it faints; it would be very weird if your trainer just suddenly blacked out despite being nowhere near the battle. XD

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - aerodynamik - Oct 7th, 2022

Okay, I'm excited. Definitely going for Violet first. Winglet is a pass thoughh...

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 7th, 2022

(Oct 7th, 2022, 08:24 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Okay, I'm excited. Definitely going for Violet first. Winglet is a pass thoughh...
Any decision on what starter you're gonna pick?

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Dragon Lord - Oct 7th, 2022

Have they shown the final evos of the starters yet? I'm still leaning towards Grass Cat because the base evo of it looks the least awful, but man I worry about how those final evos are going to look.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 7th, 2022

(Oct 7th, 2022, 05:05 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Have they shown the final evos of the starters yet? I'm still leaning towards Grass Cat because the base evo of it looks the least awful, but man I worry about how those final evos are going to look.
If memory serves me right, we haven't seen any evolutions of the starters yet. There's been "leaks" of what the types will be for the final evolutions and some other vague details, but it doesn't seem to be from a reliable source, and even if it was there really isn't enough info given to make a choice based on it.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - aerodynamik - Oct 7th, 2022

(Oct 7th, 2022, 04:17 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Oct 7th, 2022, 08:24 AM)aerodynamik Wrote:
Any decision on what starter you're gonna pick?

Water!  Wow

Always start with the water type. When is the release date ?

(Oct 7th, 2022, 05:23 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
November 18 worldwide. Wink

So do you always go with Water-type in Pokémon games rather than choosing based on starter appearance?

(Oct 7th, 2022, 06:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:

So do you always go with Water-type in Pokémon games rather than choosing based on starter appearance?

Well it's partly based on appearance. It seems I just have a thing for the water typed starters every generation. I always consider all three of them and spent like 30 minutes comparing them, only to realize it's the water type most of the times.  Sweat

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - ShiraNoMai - Oct 8th, 2022

(Oct 7th, 2022, 07:14 PM)aerodynamik Wrote:
(Oct 7th, 2022, 06:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well it's partly based on appearance. It seems I just have a thing for the water typed starters every generation. I always consider all three of them and spent like 30 minutes comparing them, only to realize it's the water type most of the times.  Sweat

I do this with Fire types myself  Sweat There's a few exceptions, such as Gen VI I had to choose Chespin because it was too damn cute not to choose them!

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 11th, 2022

Seems info drops are getting more frequent as the release draws closer because we're getting more new information tomorrow!

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - ShiraNoMai - Oct 12th, 2022

I can't quite imagine what more they have to show off at this point. They're spoiling the whole dang game

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 12th, 2022

(Oct 12th, 2022, 03:37 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I can't quite imagine what more they have to show off at this point. They're spoiling the whole dang game
Practically nothing but a three minute video of the Electric-type gym leader asking people to guess who her Pokémon is but not giving an answer:

I dunno when we'll get an answer but even then, I don't feel like a single new Pokémon warrants making this sort of big announcement and suspense for it. Eh

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 14th, 2022

So here's the new Pokémon that was being cock teased in the last video. Can't say I really like the look of this one; it's rather eh. Doesn't help that it got a hype video as if it was going to be something really cool. At least when they did it with whatever that tree painting Pokémon is called it was an overall decent idea.

I will say that for me Iono's voiced trailers make me kinda happy these games don't have voice acting because I find her absolutely grating to listen to. ROFL