Universal Gaming
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet (/showthread.php?tid=1044)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Mr EliteL - Oct 15th, 2022

Iono's voice doesn't bother me, probably because I'm too focused on disliking her oversized yellow coat and sharp teeth. Probably the first gym leader where I actually would want there to be an alternate gym leader on the other version. I don't hate her though, just....ugh. Bellibolt doesn't look any good either to me. So that one would be avoid or collect but definitely leave in the Box...thing.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Dragon Lord - Oct 15th, 2022

So far Iono is the only good thing these games have shown. Her Pokemon is disgustingly bad though.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Paths Trailer - Moonface - Oct 16th, 2022

Iono's design doesn't bother me at all although I will agree the coat is hilariously big. Maybe it's meant to protect her from electricity so she can hug her Pokémon or something. Tongue

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Iono Trailer - ShiraNoMai - Oct 19th, 2022

I love Bellibolt! He reminds me of when they released Politoed. Just a loveable little frog friend. With a smile dead center in its face! Grin

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Iono Trailer - Dragon Lord - Oct 19th, 2022

Oversized coat + sharp teeth + streamer/content creator who gives off serious vTuber vibes

Hey, that reminds me a lot of the most popular vTuber in the world, Gwar Gura! But wait... Nintendo wouldn't make a character with some similarities to Gura to try and leech off of her success, right? Right? [Image: 4]

Nintendo being a little sussy baka.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | Iono Trailer - Moonface - Oct 25th, 2022

Meet Greavard, the Ghost Dog Pokémon!
Its cry may sound spooky, but Greavard, the Ghost Dog Pokémon, is actually quite friendly. First discovered in the Paldea region, you'll encounter this new Ghost-type Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. Greavard is so affectionate that paying it any attention will make it so happy that it will follow you wherever you go; however, Greavard will slowly and inadvertently absorb the life-force of those around it, so be careful!

I actually love this Pokémon design and it might be one of my favourite reveals for a new Pokémon in these games so far. It gives me Hound of the Baskervilles vibes from Chip 'n' Dale slightly, and I like that it digs into the ground so just the candle shows. I wonder if you can choose where it hides in the ground; if so, I'd absolutely place some of them to make something that resembles a summoning circle. ROFL

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - Mr EliteL - Oct 25th, 2022

Definitely the best new Pokémon so far, it's very tiny too.  =3

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - Dragon Lord - Oct 27th, 2022

Yikes. Looks like I'll definitely be rolling a Gen I-III team in this game. Unless there's one new Pokemon they haven't shown that has a half-decent design, but I'm highly doubting it at this point.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - ShiraNoMai - Oct 27th, 2022

What don't you like about its design? It's adorable and reminds me of a fun mix of Litwick with Stoutland. I love that it hides in the ground as a little candle.

Saw this on Twitter and thought it was fantastic. Reminds me of interacting with Sudowoodo.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - queenzelda - Oct 27th, 2022

I think it looks cute myself. I wanna catch one and name it either Zero or Polterpup, maybe both? I have both games preordered because I am really excited to play. A friend of mine thinks its dumb to ride around on a flying bike dragon, and I'm like why not its just 1 pokemon instead of a handful of animation changes in game to something else, just makes sense to me.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - Dragon Lord - Oct 28th, 2022

(Oct 27th, 2022, 03:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
What don't you like about its design? It's adorable and reminds me of a fun mix of Litwick with Stoutland. I love that it hides in the ground as a little candle.

I've always found shaggy dogs to be ugly as hell, so that alone makes me hate the design from the start. The candle on its head just looks stupid as well. It feels like something that belongs in something more childish, like Yokai Watch.

But, I also haven't really enjoyed Pokemon designs since Gen 4 (and even then it was only a few here and there), so at this point I expect to go into new Pokemon games hating every single new Pokemon. I just have to hope there's enough older gen Pokemon for me to fill up my team so that I don't have to use any of the new ones. 

Honestly I think the only dog Pokemon I can say I remotely like is Houndoom. Would be nice if it was available in S/V.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - Moonface - Oct 28th, 2022

(Oct 28th, 2022, 02:59 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Honestly I think the only dog Pokemon I can say I remotely like is Houndoom. Would be nice if it was available in S/V.
There's a list of confirmed returning Pokémon on Serebii which confirms Houndoom is going to be in the games. The list doesn't seem to indicate if anything is version exclusive though, so I'm guessing that info might not be available yet and if so, then obviously be cautious that the version you get might not have it if you intend to get it yourself instead of trading for it.

@queenzelda: Polterpup would be a really fitting name for it I think. ^_^

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - queenzelda - Oct 29th, 2022

I'm mildly curious to know what pokemon in the new games are regional to their version like with Sw/Sh. Should be interesting to figure out when the games release next month.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - Dragon Lord - Oct 29th, 2022

(Oct 28th, 2022, 05:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Oct 28th, 2022, 02:59 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
There's a list of confirmed returning Pokémon on Serebii which confirms Houndoom is going to be in the games. The list doesn't seem to indicate if anything is version exclusive though, so I'm guessing that info might not be available yet and if so, then obviously be cautious that the version you get might not have it if you intend to get it yourself instead of trading for it.

@queenzelda: Polterpup would be a really fitting name for it I think. ^_^

Perfect!

I see plenty of Pokemon in there that I'd be happy to take for my team. Houndoom, Vaporeon, Espeon, Gengar, Dragonite, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Breloom, Salamence, Froslass, Lilligant, Krookodile and Hydreigon are all acceptable choices. Will just depend on if any of these are version exclusives, or how limited Eevee will be (hopefully just be a wild encounter). Would have loved to see Cottonee or Galvantula for Gen V though. Probably my two favorite Pokemon from that gen. 

Flygon instead of Salamence would have been awesome as well. Probably my favorite Dragon-type of all, but unfortunately they don't see to bring it back often. Garchomp would have been a nice choice over Salamence as well. 

Either way, I think I can throw together a team I'd be happy with using these Pokemon. Will be interesting to see if the open world style of the game lets me go and attempt to catch what would normally be late-game 'Mons, like Larvitar and Deino.

RE: Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet | New Pokémon: Greavard - Moonface - Oct 30th, 2022

(Oct 29th, 2022, 03:46 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I'm mildly curious to know what pokemon in the new games are regional to their version like with Sw/Sh. Should be interesting to figure out when the games release next month.
Yeah, I kinda wish a list of that came out before people get their hands on the games to compile the info themselves, but I understand Nintendo withholds it because a core concept of this franchise is to trade with people and that would be impacted if people could know upfront what version has all the Pokémon they want in it. Hopefully Serebii or somewhere gets a copy early to put a list together before launch.

@Dragon Lord: I would assume Eevee would be a wild encounter since it and Pikachu seem to be the mascot pair after they were both given Let's Go entries. It looks like Pokémon Home doesn't require payment to move Pokémon from previous Switch game entries into the newest entries, so if you have an Eevee (or anything else you want) in another Switch game you could transfer it over, or breed a copy to transfer if you don't want to bring in anything that's going to be too powerful to use right out of the gate.