Universal Gaming
Spider-Man - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Spider-Man (/showthread.php?tid=212)

Pages: 1 2 3

Spider-Man - Metallix - Sep 8th, 2018

Surprised no one has made a topic about this yet. It came out yesterday, has anyone played it? It got quite good reviews!

RE: Spider-Man - Mr EliteL - Sep 9th, 2018

I haven't and won't be playing the new Spider-Man game. Not interested enough. Although I was impressed with the trailers, well the gameplay trailers that were shown before release, especially this year's E3 one. The traversing and quick movements you can make with Spider-Man looked cool and fluid.

RE: Spider-Man - Dragon Lord - Sep 10th, 2018

I watched a good amount of it the last couple of days via one of the streamers I follow. It honestly looked pretty bad. The game play looked extremely boring and shallow. Definitely a game that sold purely on hype rather than how good it actually was going to be.

RE: Spider-Man - Metallix - Sep 10th, 2018

(Sep 10th, 2018, 05:41 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
 Definitely a game that sold purely on hype rather than how good it actually was going to be.

Eh... I don’t think that’s true. It has gotten high critical praise from reviewers and gamers alike. Maybe you don’t like the look of it but it’s definitely not a bad game.  

It sold on the fact that it’s the first good Spider-Man game since the PS2. If brand alone could make it sell then the crappy Activision games would have been huge.

RE: Spider-Man - Moonface - Sep 10th, 2018

I'm not sure if I'll get the game yet or not, since I'm not sure yet whether it'll be my type of game and if I'll enjoy it. It's not something I've followed closely because Insomniac haven't really pulled out a big hitter outside of Spyro and Ratchet and Clank for me, so I've been pretty skeptical on how this game would finally turn out.

RE: Spider-Man - queenzelda - Sep 10th, 2018

Eh? Personally super hero games have really never interested me. But if I could play a demo of it & I liked it, my mind might change. But, otherwise I'm good missing out.

RE: Spider-Man - Moonface - Sep 10th, 2018

Interesting fact I just discovered. Insomniac put a message in the game on one of the theatre billboards saying "Maddie, will you marry me?" after a fan asked for their help in using this game to propose. That message is now going to be patched out because she said no and left him for the guys brother. Damn. XD

RE: Spider-Man - fantanoice - Sep 11th, 2018

Wow. RIP that guy.

RE: Spider-Man - lp0 on fire - Sep 11th, 2018

(Sep 10th, 2018, 06:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Insomniac put a message in the game on one of the theatre billboards saying "Maddie, will you marry me?" after a fan . That message is now going to be patched out because she said no...

Ouch poor guy

Quote:and left him for the guy's brother.
F

Update:
From Trash "game news" site Wrote:
Update - 5:12 PM: The idea that she left him for his brother is actually in dispute. In a message to Kotaku, Maddie said that the new relationship with his brother began after the break-up.

Uhhhh even if "it wasn't intentional" Still she is dating her ex's brother? Also To the guy's brother: What happen to Article 1 of the Bro Code?! And quite literately at in this case!

RE: Spider-Man - Metallix - Sep 12th, 2018

(Sep 10th, 2018, 05:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm not sure if I'll get the game yet or not, since I'm not sure yet whether it'll be my type of game and if I'll enjoy it. It's not something I've followed closely because Insomniac haven't really pulled out a big hitter outside of Spyro and Ratchet and Clank for me, so I've been pretty skeptical on how this game would finally turn out.

Well this is more like those games than say Resistance. Sunset Overdrive was probably closest to this by their previous work standards. 

As for me, I haven’t gotten it yet. I plan on it but saving money currently and have to get through a few more games. I loved Spider-Man on PS1 and PS2 so I am sure I’ll love this. Since Spider-Man 2 they’ve been terrible though. Same for all super hero games outside of Batman Arkham series. People are saying this tops those games, would be interesting to see if it does.

RE: Spider-Man - fantanoice - Sep 12th, 2018

Ethics in games journalism

RE: Spider-Man - Moonface - Sep 12th, 2018

I'm not surprised facts were missing from the story initially. I never read any direct source reporting on it and was just sharing what I'd been hearing on the matter from various circles.

RE: Spider-Man - lp0 on fire - Sep 12th, 2018

(Sep 12th, 2018, 10:35 AM)fantanoice Wrote:

In my defense I called it a "Trash "gaming news" website" I was just posting what I saw. I also in the past have taken jabs here at the site (and others, and well almost every media outlet...)

RE: Spider-Man - Metallix - Sep 20th, 2018

Just in it sold 3.3M in three days, it’s the fastest selling Sony game ever.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/09/20/marvels-spider-man-ps-4-sells-record-3-3-million-copies-opening/1346187002/

RE: Spider-Man - Moonface - Sep 20th, 2018

I'm surprised it sold faster than God of War.