Spider-Man
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
Surprised no one has made a topic about this yet. It came out yesterday, has anyone played it? It got quite good reviews!
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Surprised no one has made a topic about this yet. It came out yesterday, has anyone played it? It got quite good reviews!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I haven't and won't be playing the new Spider-Man game. Not interested enough. Although I was impressed with the trailers, well the gameplay trailers that were shown before release, especially this year's E3 one. The traversing and quick movements you can make with Spider-Man looked cool and fluid.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I haven't and won't be playing the new Spider-Man game. Not interested enough. Although I was impressed with the trailers, well the gameplay trailers that were shown before release, especially this year's E3 one. The traversing and quick movements you can make with Spider-Man looked cool and fluid.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I watched a good amount of it the last couple of days via one of the streamers I follow. It honestly looked pretty bad. The game play looked extremely boring and shallow. Definitely a game that sold purely on hype rather than how good it actually was going to be.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I watched a good amount of it the last couple of days via one of the streamers I follow. It honestly looked pretty bad. The game play looked extremely boring and shallow. Definitely a game that sold purely on hype rather than how good it actually was going to be.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Sep 10th, 2018, 05:41 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
 Definitely a game that sold purely on hype rather than how good it actually was going to be.

Eh... I don’t think that’s true. It has gotten high critical praise from reviewers and gamers alike. Maybe you don’t like the look of it but it’s definitely not a bad game.  

It sold on the fact that it’s the first good Spider-Man game since the PS2. If brand alone could make it sell then the crappy Activision games would have been huge.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Sep 10th, 2018, 05:41 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
 Definitely a game that sold purely on hype rather than how good it actually was going to be.

Eh... I don’t think that’s true. It has gotten high critical praise from reviewers and gamers alike. Maybe you don’t like the look of it but it’s definitely not a bad game.  

It sold on the fact that it’s the first good Spider-Man game since the PS2. If brand alone could make it sell then the crappy Activision games would have been huge.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not sure if I'll get the game yet or not, since I'm not sure yet whether it'll be my type of game and if I'll enjoy it. It's not something I've followed closely because Insomniac haven't really pulled out a big hitter outside of Spyro and Ratchet and Clank for me, so I've been pretty skeptical on how this game would finally turn out.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not sure if I'll get the game yet or not, since I'm not sure yet whether it'll be my type of game and if I'll enjoy it. It's not something I've followed closely because Insomniac haven't really pulled out a big hitter outside of Spyro and Ratchet and Clank for me, so I've been pretty skeptical on how this game would finally turn out.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Eh? Personally super hero games have really never interested me. But if I could play a demo of it & I liked it, my mind might change. But, otherwise I'm good missing out.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Eh? Personally super hero games have really never interested me. But if I could play a demo of it & I liked it, my mind might change. But, otherwise I'm good missing out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting fact I just discovered. Insomniac put a message in the game on one of the theatre billboards saying "Maddie, will you marry me?" after a fan asked for their help in using this game to propose. That message is now going to be patched out because she said no and left him for the guys brother. Damn. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting fact I just discovered. Insomniac put a message in the game on one of the theatre billboards saying "Maddie, will you marry me?" after a fan asked for their help in using this game to propose. That message is now going to be patched out because she said no and left him for the guys brother. Damn. XD
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Wow. RIP that guy.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Wow. RIP that guy.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 10th, 2018, 06:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Insomniac put a message in the game on one of the theatre billboards saying "Maddie, will you marry me?" after a fan . That message is now going to be patched out because she said no...

Ouch poor guy

Quote:and left him for the guy's brother.
F

Update:
From Trash "game news" site Wrote:
Update - 5:12 PM: The idea that she left him for his brother is actually in dispute. In a message to Kotaku, Maddie said that the new relationship with his brother began after the break-up.

Uhhhh even if "it wasn't intentional" Still she is dating her ex's brother? Also To the guy's brother: What happen to Article 1 of the Bro Code?! And quite literately at in this case!

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 10th, 2018, 06:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Insomniac put a message in the game on one of the theatre billboards saying "Maddie, will you marry me?" after a fan . That message is now going to be patched out because she said no...

Ouch poor guy

Quote:and left him for the guy's brother.
F

Update:
From Trash "game news" site Wrote:
Update - 5:12 PM: The idea that she left him for his brother is actually in dispute. In a message to Kotaku, Maddie said that the new relationship with his brother began after the break-up.

Uhhhh even if "it wasn't intentional" Still she is dating her ex's brother? Also To the guy's brother: What happen to Article 1 of the Bro Code?! And quite literately at in this case!
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Sep 10th, 2018, 05:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well this is more like those games than say Resistance. Sunset Overdrive was probably closest to this by their previous work standards. 

As for me, I haven’t gotten it yet. I plan on it but saving money currently and have to get through a few more games. I loved Spider-Man on PS1 and PS2 so I am sure I’ll love this. Since Spider-Man 2 they’ve been terrible though. Same for all super hero games outside of Batman Arkham series. People are saying this tops those games, would be interesting to see if it does.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Sep 10th, 2018, 05:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well this is more like those games than say Resistance. Sunset Overdrive was probably closest to this by their previous work standards. 

As for me, I haven’t gotten it yet. I plan on it but saving money currently and have to get through a few more games. I loved Spider-Man on PS1 and PS2 so I am sure I’ll love this. Since Spider-Man 2 they’ve been terrible though. Same for all super hero games outside of Batman Arkham series. People are saying this tops those games, would be interesting to see if it does.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Ethics in games journalism
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Ethics in games journalism
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised facts were missing from the story initially. I never read any direct source reporting on it and was just sharing what I'd been hearing on the matter from various circles.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised facts were missing from the story initially. I never read any direct source reporting on it and was just sharing what I'd been hearing on the matter from various circles.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 12th, 2018, 10:35 AM)fantanoice Wrote:

In my defense I called it a "Trash "gaming news" website" I was just posting what I saw. I also in the past have taken jabs here at the site (and others, and well almost every media outlet...)

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Sep 12th, 2018, 10:35 AM)fantanoice Wrote:

In my defense I called it a "Trash "gaming news" website" I was just posting what I saw. I also in the past have taken jabs here at the site (and others, and well almost every media outlet...)
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Just in it sold 3.3M in three days, it’s the fastest selling Sony game ever.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talk...346187002/
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
Just in it sold 3.3M in three days, it’s the fastest selling Sony game ever.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talk...346187002/
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised it sold faster than God of War.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised it sold faster than God of War.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Moonface 10 2,155 Sep 14th, 2023, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Spider-Man (Series) WR91 2 2,578 Oct 1st, 2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Spider-Man: Miles Morales Moonface 2 2,694 Sep 28th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Last Post: WR91