Universal Gaming
Last Game You Played - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Last Game You Played (/showthread.php?tid=22)

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jun 17th, 2023

@ShiraNoMai : I considered it when Star Rail released. Although Honkai, both games (Impact 3rd too), look great and all but just thinking of my backlog glaring at me of the other RPGs I should be playing, I'd better not throw a new one into the mix that'll get priority over them. So Genshin is enough for me at the moment. Really need to get back on Octopath 2 and other games...

Genshin Impact

Just dailies again. Did Spiral Abyss Thursday on all three, Frick it really. I should've jumped in earlier so I could perhaps attempt different teams for Floor 12 on my PS5 account. I'll aim to do that this reset before then end of the month. Got 31 stars which is not great, got only 50 primos for F12. Got 26 on my NA, Floor 11 Chamber 3 annoyingly took longer than I thought, need to improve my characters. EU account it got too late so I just did Floor 9 & 10.

Will get the custom domain event done for the primogems on the pre-set domains out of the way tonight so it's not something lingering that I need to do next weekend. Plus the boss event going on too, attempt that.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jun 19th, 2023

Banished

After a few months away from this, I started a new game. (Well, actually, I started two new games, but the first one was a complete disaster: all my villagers froze to death in the first winter, because they didn't have houses or firewood Tongue ). But, on the second attempt, I rectified my mistakes, and my village started growing Smile .

Here's what I've got at the moment. It's not much yet, but hopefully the start of greater things:

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jun 19th, 2023

Did all of my weeklies at the last minute in Honkai Star Rail, as well as finishing the event we have ending at rest today (also done at the last minute kek).

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jun 22nd, 2023

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (NS)
Spent the last few days getting all of the Lightroots in the Depths, and having done it I will say that the entire Depths area in this game is not something I would suggest anyone bothers to do unless you're a completionist. It really adds almost nothing to the game and is just a very large amount of space containing nothing of worth that can be ignored. You're better off just finding old maps on the surface that point out notable treasure in the Depths and just jumping down there to go grab it and come back up and just ignoring the rest of it really. Errm
Also, the concept of building your own house using the new abilities seemed neat until I actually started doing it, and it's honestly just total shit. An NPC follows you the entire time you're working so they get in the way constantly, and while the interior spaces look nice the exterior will always end up as just a big green box because there are no windows or other external features on any of the room parts. You're better off just buying the weapon storage rooms, slapping them down wherever in the space you get and dumping rare weapons in them that you don't want to use or have take up inventory space, especially with how many rupee's it costs to get enough rooms to put together a decent interior layout.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 2nd, 2023

Railroad Tycoon II

This is probably the oldest game that I still play: I first got it back in 2002, and I come back to it every now and then. And I'm surprised by how easily I'm beating scenarios that seemed impossible when I attempted them as a child... I think it's because back then, I was too scared to borrow lots of money early on, when in this game, that's the key to success Tongue .

RE: Last Game You Played - Eric - Jul 4th, 2023

(Jul 2nd, 2023, 11:41 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Railroad Tycoon II

This is probably the oldest game that I still play: I first got it back in 2002, and I come back to it every now and then. And I'm surprised by how easily I'm beating scenarios that seemed impossible when I attempted them as a child... I think it's because back then, I was too scared to borrow lots of money early on, when in this game, that's the key to success Tongue .

Yooo, I've seen so much talk about old Tycoon games the past few years. Have you tried out OpenRCT2, OpenTTD,  or OpenLoco? I used to love playing Zoo Tycoon.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Diablo IV. So far the story is pretty good, if not hilariously campy at times. The gameplay is good, though I feel that as I get to late game it gets a lot hard to feel like I'm doing much damange. But I gues that's the point of a grindy looter like Diablo. I need to go find the good stuff...fun with friends.

RE: Last Game You Played - Dragon Lord - Jul 4th, 2023

Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

Just cruising along through the early game. Just saved a village from a hot dommy mommy and now I'm off to go raid some fort.

Honkai Star Rail (PC)

I finally got to the Equilibrium Level where I can get my characters to their max level and max out all of their Traces. So far I've managed to do so with Seele only, as getting characters fully maxed out is a very expensive and time consuming endeavor. This is also before even considering getting the right Relics for characters and maxing those out as well. Definitely not as easy to get characters maxed out as it is in Genshin. Even when taking into account that I've had almost three years of Genshin playing to stockpile resources, allowing me to max out characters the moment i get them, I just don't see that happening with Star Rail because it just doesn't seem like we get resources as easy as in Genshin. Perhaps I'll be wrong in the end, but so far it's pretty brutal to bring characters up. I definitely think I'll be keeping supports at level 70 and only bringing up the DPS characters to level 80 for now.

Genshin Impact (PC)

Not much to do here since the new patch will be dropping Tuesday night, and there's no events ongoing. Just cleared by current Abyss cycle and did some Artifact farming. That's about all there is it do until the patch drops and we get the summer event to keep us occupied for the next six weeks.

Revenant Dogma (Vita)

Continuing my playthrough of this crappy little Kemco game. It's definitely been a slow going because I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and Kemco games are some of the worst games when it comes to balancing on difficulties. Even normal battles feel like boss battles at times because enemies do so much damage and are so spongy. Thought about dropping the difficulty since I don't exactly play Kemco games for the challenge, but a part of me won't allow myself to pussy out like that, so I keep just chugging along.

Arknights (Android)

Not much going on here right now. Just have our next and final run of the Contingency Contract event, which is a huge challenge game mode. It'll actually be our last one for a long while too, as they decided they want to re-work the event to make it more fresh and more of a challenge, since the release of several very OP meta Operators have made the event a joke even on high risk runs. So they'll probably end up balancing the new version of it to counter those Ops and make people get more creative in how they tackle the challenges of it. I look forward to seeing how it ends up, but for now I am just enjoying romping this season of CC. It's also nice since CC doesn't cost Sanity to run, so it frees up time to do a lot of needed farming to restock resources for the next big event.

Azur Lane (Android)

Currently have a mini raid event going on. Nothing significant, but it did bring a few new girls to the game and is a nice source of some easy resources. Not sure what will be coming up next, but we do have the 5-year anniversary coming up soon (September), so I imagine we won't be seeing any major events until then, so we might get a re-run or two until then. Looking forward to seeing who the UR Ship for this year's anniversary will be.

Aether Gazer (Android)

There's also a new event running here. Pretty big one too, with lots of sources of gacha currency to get, so that's helping my savings get boosted by a lot. Not interested in the new character that released with the event, so I'm just saving up for some of the top-tier meta characters that will be releasing in the next couple of months. I do like this pattern of every new limited character that releases having an event tied with them. If this is how the game continues to be, this means players will constantly have a good source of getting gacha currency + lots of resources (which is needed because this game is even more resource-hungry for maxing out characters than Honkai Star Rail is).

RE: Last Game You Played - Mr EliteL - Jul 9th, 2023

Genshin Impact

Dailies on all three but also the main event during this patch Secret Summer Paradise. Enjoying the story section of it, just like I did for the two Golden Apple Archipelego events that ran this time last two years, especially any moments with Klee and Kaeya in them. Got the last Part to do then the rest of the side minigames which have been meh but easy Primos are easy Primos.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Going through the 50cc of the Booster Courses, 50cc is so boring, can't play properly at the slow speeds. XD I should try a heavy character then as they actually get some Speed boost naturally, normally.

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 9th, 2023

(Jul 4th, 2023, 06:48 AM)Eric Wrote:
(Jul 2nd, 2023, 11:41 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Railroad Tycoon II

Yooo, I've seen so much talk about old Tycoon games the past few years. Have you tried out OpenRCT2, OpenTTD,  or OpenLoco? I used to love playing Zoo Tycoon.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Diablo IV. So far the story is pretty good, if not hilariously campy at times. The gameplay is good, though I feel that as I get to late game it gets a lot hard to feel like I'm doing much damange. But I gues that's the point of a grindy looter like Diablo. I need to go find the good stuff...fun with friends.

I haven't tried any of those yet, although I do own RCT Classic, and I've had quite a bit of fun with that Smile . 

Anyway, the last game I played was Banished again. After I narrowly avoided disaster with that early-game famine, my village has entered an era of stability and prosperity. It has a population of almost 200 - and all those people's needs are all well attended to Smile .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 16th, 2023

(Jul 4th, 2023, 09:23 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Revenant Dogma (Vita)
Continuing my playthrough of this crappy little Kemco game. It's definitely been a slow going because I'm playing on the hardest difficulty and Kemco games are some of the worst games when it comes to balancing on difficulties. Even normal battles feel like boss battles at times because enemies do so much damage and are so spongy. Thought about dropping the difficulty since I don't exactly play Kemco games for the challenge, but a part of me won't allow myself to pussy out like that, so I keep just chugging along.
I misread this as Dragon's Dogma and was a) very confused this was on Vita and b) wondering why you were calling it a crappy little game. I only realized my error when I questioned why you said Kemco instead of Capcom and bothered to learn how to read. ROFL

(Jul 9th, 2023, 01:27 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Going through the 50cc of the Booster Courses, 50cc is so boring, can't play properly at the slow speeds. XD I should try a heavy character then as they actually get some Speed boost naturally, normally.
Now why the heck are you playing anything in that game at 50cc? Errm

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (NS)
I got all the shrines and a couple of lightroots I didn't notice I had missed a few days ago, and since then have been wrapping up any remaining side quests and trying to find the last caves and wells before I do the final boss fight. I forgot until today I haven't obtained all the sage upgrades yet so I wanna get that before I do the final fight just because, so I've been going to the few areas of unexplored sky islands I have to find that stuff. It's very easy to get around in this game if you just stick two fans onto a joystick to make a cheap hoverbike that can go decently fast and take you all the way into the highest sky areas without the risk of any parts despawning due to invisible timers. Had that happen a lot to me when I was relying on gliders and it gets very annoying almost being at an island and suddenly plummeting to the ground because the glider ran out of time. Hmph

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 16th, 2023

Played a little bit more Banished.

Didn't make too much progress, but got scare when a tornado decided to tear across the map >_< . Fortunately, it missed all of my town's buildings, but it did flatten a lot of trees!

RE: Last Game You Played - ShiraNoMai - Jul 17th, 2023

Pokémon Red (Archipelago Multiworld):

I was a bit late to my session with friends, but got the seed going. This...was a rough seed. I chose a vanilla starter (Charmander was the best option between him, Poliwag and Venonat), proceeded to lose the Rival battle cuz that Poliwag had a Confusion attack that killed me. None of the Route 1/2/22 Pokémon were worth getting (though I took a Kangaskan anyway). Proceeded to lose to Brock, and a trainer battle. Eventually I get a few levels through a little grind and am fine from then on, but sheesh what a shitty opening. I was playing with 4 others, and two of which were playing Slay The Spire, which is a game with not too many checks; I wound up having a lot of my own checks, which meant I had to go through a lot of my main game to find stuff. Finally ended it when I realized I had my final badge necessary to get to the Elite Four in the Silph Co. 11th floor president check. Which meant I needed to clear the Pokémon Tower and free Mr. Fuji. Which meant I needed the Silph Scope. Oof. This was a 5 hour seed in the end. Mellow

Yoshi's Island (Archipelago Multiworld (Beta Version)):

There was a beta announced to test this version of the Yoshi's Island archipelago world on Sunday, the second of its kind (I missed the Friday past because of work). After holding back my group with technical settings being complicated (my one gripe with this service; it's so unintuitive), I finally got it working and we were off! It was very cool. How this one works, you may ask?
So, you start off with a random (or set) world, all levels unlocked. The stipulation: items like the bounce balls, clouds with beanstalks/platforms/ladders, keys, even Chomp Rocks, are all shuffled and need to be unlocked. They appear in your level but "invisible." Example: in 1-E (Poochy Ain't Stupid), it requires Poochy to exist in order to function. You can enter the level (if you have it unlocked), but you wouldn't be able to progress in it cuz you don't have Poochy unlocked yet.
Other shuffled items: entire Worlds, egg count progression (you start with only being able to hold 1 egg!), transformations
I was playing with "loose" game logic, meaning some of my checks were attainable if I performed some hard but doable skips. That was honestly the most fun part; my knowledge of the game's skips made attempting these really satisfying to complete.

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 20th, 2023

(Jul 16th, 2023, 10:43 PM)Kyng Wrote:

Didn't make too much progress, but got scare when a tornado decided to tear across the map >_< . Fortunately, it missed all of my town's buildings, but it did flatten a lot of trees!
Time to whip out the tree laws! Tongue
If no one gets this, in the US at least there's a big thing about tree laws where if you screw with a tree you're not supposed to or just mess with trees without permission (cutting, removing, etc.) then you're in for a world of trouble. Every time I see a story about trees being removed illegally and such in the US it's always filled with people pulling out the tree law books. XD

Elden Ring (PS5)
Was watching a streamer play through Dark Souls III at Level 1 (I think they also had a mod on that changed the game a lot too?) and it got me in the mood to pick this up again. Didn't really do much since I was trying to recall what I had and hadn't done in the area I'm in right now, as well as getting to grips with the controls and stuff again. LOL

RE: Last Game You Played - Kyng - Jul 21st, 2023

(Jul 20th, 2023, 06:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 16th, 2023, 10:43 PM)Kyng Wrote:

Time to whip out the tree laws! Tongue
If no one gets this, in the US at least there's a big thing about tree laws where if you screw with a tree you're not supposed to or just mess with trees without permission (cutting, removing, etc.) then you're in for a world of trouble. Every time I see a story about trees being removed illegally and such in the US it's always filled with people pulling out the tree law books. XD

Elden Ring (PS5)
Was watching a streamer play through Dark Souls III at Level 1 (I think they also had a mod on that changed the game a lot too?) and it got me in the mood to pick this up again. Didn't really do much since I was trying to recall what I had and hadn't done in the area I'm in right now, as well as getting to grips with the controls and stuff again. LOL

I assume those tree laws weren't enacted by Ronald Reagan. After all, he once said: "A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?" Tongue 

Anyway, the last game I played was The Sims 4. My youngest Sim became an infant, and his parents are trying to get him to eat baby food. Unfortunately, he's not co-operating: he's just making a mess everywhere >_< .

RE: Last Game You Played - Moonface - Jul 24th, 2023

@Kyng: Oh I have no clue who wrote any of the tree laws. For all I know they could be on a by-state basis rather than one that would be federally put in place across the entire USA.

Elden Ring (PS5)
As I wrote in the Last Game Achievement Earned thread I fought both Fire Giant and Lichdragon Fortissax yesterday and managed to beat both on the first try, which was nice considering I've only just recently gone back to playing this game after a considerable break from it. Today I've just been exploring the secret area that can be reached with the Lift of Rold if you have the secret medallions for it, which has been a mixed bag of kicking arse and getting my arse kicked. I think I've done everything more or less in the Consecrated Snowfields so shouldn't have more left to do in there, and then I can move on to Miquella's Haligtree. Grin