Universal Gaming
Fallout (Series) - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Fallout (Series) (/showthread.php?tid=270)

Fallout (Series) - Amalthea - Dec 9th, 2018

[Image: c6ab187f9aa20d73061bea44d1eb4ce667a28aca_hq.jpg]

I know Fallout 76 is widely seen as absolute garbage (I personally haven't played and probably won't), but I still really enjoyed the other installments that I've played. I've never played 1 or 2, but I spent a lot of time playing FO3 and New Vegas. I played FO4 for a bit before I had to abruptly stop for personal reasons and never ended up going back to it (yet). I actually really enjoyed Fallout Shelter too for awhile xD Granted, the games can be buggy as hell and I've lost a ton of progress to random freezing and glitching, but I've still had a blast when playing the games. 

Which game is your favourite? Faction? What karma do you usually go for? Do you have any favourite perks, quests, weapons, etc?

RE: Fallout (Series) - Moonface - Dec 9th, 2018

I've played a little of 4 when it was free to play on Steam one weekend. Seemed neat but I don't know how prior Fallout games were to compare it to anything. I mostly tried it because it was free and someone I watch on YouTube has a series on it i really enjoy.

RE: Fallout (Series) - Amalthea - Dec 9th, 2018

I didn't dive into 4 nearly as much as I wanted to even when I had the chance. I spent way too much time trying to build up one of the communities xD It's kind of neat seeing what others have built too. I'd love to give it another go one day, probably start from scratch since I don't really remember anything story-wise.

RE: Fallout (Series) - Kyng - Mar 31st, 2019

I've played Fallout New Vegas a little bit, although, from memory, I didn't get that far into it. I guess I just preferred Skyrim Tongue .

Still, I liked it enough to want to check out Fallout 4, so I impulse-bought that game while it was on sale....and then had to refund it when I realised my computer wasn't powerful enough to run it. Derp >_< .

RE: Fallout (Series) - Frank - Apr 16th, 2019

I'm going to bump this to give some of my thoughts on Fallout 76.

I first got to play it in beta, and i went into it with a tempered expectation. I personally don't like online games all that much, so I sorta went in knowing it wouldn't be great. I ended up getting hooked off the beta, and continued with my preorder. Fast forward almost 300 hours later, and I finally put the game down. I enjoyed it a lot! Granted I played mostly alone, but cooperative with a friend or two was also fun. It was a very barebones, watered down, cooperative version of Fallout. It DEFINITELY isn't the next big Fallout, but if you go into it as a spinoff of sorts, you can appreciate what's there.

RE: Fallout (Series) - Moonface - Apr 17th, 2019

(Apr 16th, 2019, 11:44 PM)Frank Wrote:
It was a very barebones, watered down, cooperative version of Fallout. It DEFINITELY isn't the next big Fallout, but if you go into it as a spinoff of sorts, you can appreciate what's there.
I think the problem though is Bethesda very much marketed this game as being the next big Fallout. Maybe not in regards to a mainline entry, but what they said and what they did were two very, very different things with no good reason behind it, and not much seems to have been done to fix it yet like we've seen with games like Destiny.

Also, if no one who's a Fallout fan has heard of it, there's a mod for Fallout 4 being developed called Fallout: Miami:

They released an update video about a week ago on the status of the project if you want to know where they currently stand with it. I've only watched the trailer, and from what I saw I can expect this mod to be a huge deal once it finally goes public.

RE: Fallout (Series) - Frank - Apr 23rd, 2019

(Apr 17th, 2019, 10:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Apr 16th, 2019, 11:44 PM)Frank Wrote:
It was a very barebones, watered down, cooperative version of Fallout. It DEFINITELY isn't the next big Fallout, but if you go into it as a spinoff of sorts, you can appreciate what's there.
I think the problem though is Bethesda very much marketed this game as being the next big Fallout. Maybe not in regards to a mainline entry, but what they said and what they did were two very, very different things with no good reason behind it, and not much seems to have been done to fix it yet like we've seen with games like Destiny.

Also, if no one who's a Fallout fan has heard of it, there's a mod for Fallout 4 being developed called Fallout: Miami:

They released an update video about a week ago on the status of the project if you want to know where they currently stand with it. I've only watched the trailer, and from what I saw I can expect this mod to be a huge deal once it finally goes public.

See I heard about 76 in enough time to pre-order and get into the beta on PS4. I didn't see any of Bethesda's marketing, so I went into it expecting it to be a watered down experience. I guess that's why I wasn't disappointed. Maybe if I had been led to believe it was the next big game, I'd have been upset too. To be fair, it is technically their biggest Map in a Fallout game!

That mod looks awesome, and I have Fallout 4 on Steam. I'll definitely check that out!

RE: Fallout (Series) - Moonface - Apr 30th, 2019

The biggest problem Bethesda did with F76's marketing was saying "It just works", only for it to not work since it was released. Sure it's playable, but not in the ways that were claiming it was already capable of when it was revealed at E3.

RE: Fallout (Series) - WR91 - Oct 1st, 2020

I've been think about jumping into Fallout 4 on the PS4. I've never played it yet and from the looks of it, it's super cheap.

I have played Fallout 3 on the 360. Is it better than that?

RE: Fallout (Series) - Moonface - Oct 7th, 2020

Generally 4 isn't hailed that well because the decision making in it is apparently not as impactful as the games before it. Whenever I read about this series most people tend to recommend New Vegas over 4, so if you didn't play that yet I'd suggest maybe checking that out.

As a game to play 4 didn't seem bad to me, but if you're going in with expectations of improvements across the board I'd be cautious.