Universal Gaming
Video Share - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Video Share (/showthread.php?tid=297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Video Share - Maniakkid25 - Jan 27th, 2022

It's been a while since something has given me an existential dread quite like this. For those that don't want to watch it (understandable, since its approaching 3 hours long), the short version is this: what ever you think about cryptocurrency, if the people touting it get their way, the world will be FAR FAR WORSE than you think possible. Beyond that, the video is long for a good reason: it is dense. VERY dense. Not impenetrable; the talker does a great job of breaking down the concepts and showing why they're bad. But there's just SO much to digest.

RE: Video Share - Moonface - Jan 28th, 2022

(Jan 27th, 2022, 11:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
It's been a while since something has given me an existential dread quite like this. For those that don't want to watch it (understandable, since its approaching 3 hours long), the short version is this: what ever you think about cryptocurrency, if the people touting it get their way, the world will be FAR FAR WORSE than you think possible. Beyond that, the video is long for a good reason: it is dense. VERY dense. Not impenetrable; the talker does a great job of breaking down the concepts and showing why they're bad. But there's just SO much to digest.
I want to try and watch the video before I comment further on it, but I want to know: what was the last thing before this that gave you existential dread on a similar level? Hmm

RE: Video Share - Karo - Jan 28th, 2022

I haven't watched it yet and probably this weekend I'll sit in for this nice long video.

Anyways my first impressions I too welcome our evil monkey overlords! It like anime face syndrome, but with monkeys it going to be great! We are going to create so much value with NFTs!

RE: Video Share - Maniakkid25 - Jan 28th, 2022

(Jan 28th, 2022, 01:53 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I want to try and watch the video before I comment further on it, but I want to know: what was the last thing before this that gave you existential dread on a similar level? Hmm

Honestly? It depends on how you rate existential dread. This is a "Oh my god, is this going to be our future?" dread. Depending on how you rank "This is really how people work, isn't it?", it may just be this same Youtuber's video "In Search of a Flat Earth". Trust me, you aren't ready for that video's twist.

RE: Video Share - Moonface - Jan 29th, 2022

(Jan 28th, 2022, 04:11 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
(Jan 28th, 2022, 01:53 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Honestly? It depends on how you rate existential dread. This is a "Oh my god, is this going to be our future?" dread. Depending on how you rank "This is really how people work, isn't it?", it may just be this same Youtuber's video "In Search of a Flat Earth". Trust me, you aren't ready for that video's twist.
Do you have any other types of existential dread or just those two? XD

RE: Video Share - Maniakkid25 - Jan 29th, 2022

You learn to keep several types of existential dread when you swim in the debunk side of youtube. It makes it easier to parse out why you are despairing at the state of the world around you

RE: Video Share - ShiraNoMai - Jan 29th, 2022

(Jan 27th, 2022, 11:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I was watching this in Trihex's stream earlier. The amount of times he had to pause to just give himself time to reflect and absorb the amount of cringe and despair he had to intake, like I didn't even finish watching it cuz I had to go home but he had been live for like nearly 4 hours at that point. Just to give context of the sheer amount of yikes ij there on such a scale...
I'll have to finish it myself later. It was really interesting but I was trying not to focus too much when I was trying to get out of work for the day haha

RE: Video Share - Moonface - Jan 30th, 2022

On a lighter note about crypto and such things, enjoy this video I just discovered through Twitter:

RE: Video Share - Maniakkid25 - Feb 18th, 2022

Continuing in the trend of "Damn, Youtubers are putting out the best documentaries", I have a two-part series on the Bogdanoff twins. If you don't recognize the name, I don't blame you, but you may know that they died to COVID a week apart. They are French Celebrities that basically conned their way into Ph.Ds, conning the scientific community along the way.

...At least, that's what you'd think until the very end.

This is a story with a lot of twists and turns, but one of the most insane and horrible ones comes right at the very end of the video. I won't spoil exactly what it is, but I'll entice you by saying this: the brothers claimed they were the target of a academic conspiracy that was attempting to discredit their degrees and work. In a way...they were right.

RE: Video Share - Moonface - May 23rd, 2022

I tried reading about them on Wikipedia to try and get a quick idea of their story, but I don't think it's doing the justice for the story that those videos you linked will do when I watch them at some point.

I'll drop this in here that I found yesterday, which is a cool video of a Newton's Pendulum being used to the beat of Gangnam Style:

RE: Video Share - Maniakkid25 - May 23rd, 2022

Hey, the Algorithm is working as intended; that vid showed up in my recommends today, and I was like "this is highly amusing; I should post it after work."

RE: Video Share - Moonface - May 23rd, 2022

(May 23rd, 2022, 11:05 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Hey, the Algorithm is working as intended; that vid showed up in my recommends today, and I was like "this is highly amusing; I should post it after work."
I know it has seen a blowup in popularity after someone shared it on social media and linked to the original video. That was how I found it. I'd be curious to know what the view count on the video was a week ago to see what the impact of that social media post was on it. Hmm

RE: Video Share - Moonface - Jun 8th, 2022

I'm watching a Twitch stream right now and they just showed a video of a guy called Henry Mack and holy shit this dude is talented! Wow

As an aside, I'm always impressed when people can rap fast like he does without tripping over themselves, and for this guy to do that freestyle is stupidly impressive. Shock

RE: Video Share - ShiraNoMai - Jul 17th, 2022

Yooo Harry Mack is wild. Just saw the video of him and Kendrick Lamar, where even Kendrick's like "holy shit this guy is LEGIT Shock ".

Had to share the fan project in the work for many years (March 2018!): hand-drawn animation for a full-on Dragonball film "Legend: A Dragon Ball Tale"

RE: Video Share - Moonface - Aug 16th, 2022

^^^ I need to remember to watch that video. Doh

I saw this on Twitter the other day and unfortunately there's no collective video that stitches all of these together, so I'll just leave the start of the thread that contains every video from this series. It might seem like nothing in the first few videos but it'll get interesting. Wink