Universal Gaming
Tales of Arise - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tales of Arise (/showthread.php?tid=426)

Tales of Arise - ShiraNoMai - Jun 10th, 2019

Developer: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
Release Date: 2020
The latest in the Tales of series has been officially announced at Microsoft's E3 2019 Press Conference. While leaked in the past few days leading up to this reveal, the full trailer was debuted here and features your typical action RPG elements key to recent Tales of Games.

RE: Tales of Arise - queenzelda - Jun 10th, 2019

I figured it'd release to the superior platform the PS4, besides the Xbone. I really like what I've seen so far.

RE: Tales of Arise - Dragon Lord - Jun 10th, 2019

This wasn't much of a surprise for me since news of the game leaked Friday or Saturday. Either way, pretty interesting. I'm not going to get too hyped for it since we've only had one really good Tales game out of the last five, but I'm hoping that it follows Berseria's footsteps in going in the right direction for the series.

RE: Tales of Arise - Moonface - Jun 10th, 2019

The initial announcement didn't state it, but the game will have both English and Japanese voice overs and is being helmed by Yusuke Tomizawa who worked on the God Eater series:

Bandai Namco Wrote:
The Tales Of series is a foundational series within BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment and Tales of Arise marks an exciting new beginning for the franchise with Yusuke Tomizawa taking the helm in leading the Tales Of development team.

Tales Of games have always delivered wonderous worlds for players to explore, dynamic characters for players to meet, and challenging battles for players to fight. Tales of Arise promises to take these tenants to new heights and we look forward to players enjoying this new adventure.

RE: Tales of Arise - queenzelda - Jun 10th, 2019

That's good, that way if the english voice actors aren't so great one could switch over to the japanese voice actors.

RE: Tales of Arise - Moonface - Jun 10th, 2019

I'm glad it's a choice just because I think every game that has Japanese and English voice overs should offer both options even if both are as good as each other.

RE: Tales of Arise - Dragon Lord - Jun 11th, 2019

Japanese voices isn't anything big. Every Tales game has had JP audio since... I want to say Graces f or the first Xillia. Also you can definitely tell the art style of Arise is inspired by the God Eater games (just look at God Eater 3 and then the screenshots for Arise).

Then again, Bamco seems to be making that their normal art style for these games. God Eater, Code Vein and now ToA all use the same style.

RE: Tales of Arise - queenzelda - Jun 11th, 2019

I just realized I have to post this; Tales of "Arise, chicken arise". Ok, I'm happy now. :p

RE: Tales of Arise - Moonface - Aug 12th, 2021

I did not know we had a thread for this game, and I was going to put this somewhere else but there's no need to now. So for those interested, Tales of Arise will have a demo available on all platforms except for PC on August 18. I'm wondering whether to try the demo just to see what a Tales game is like to play. Hmm

RE: Tales of Arise - Monocle - Aug 14th, 2021

I'm skipping on the demo. I bought it on PC but obv have my ps4 to play the demo if I wanted but honestly, I've been avoiding gameplay videos. yeah I've seen the OP and had it on repeat for like a week but I want to go in fresh and blind. I'm genuinely hyped af for this game

RE: Tales of Arise - Dragon Lord - Aug 14th, 2021

I'll probably try out the demo. I want to see if the combat is any good or not so I know how high of priority the game will be for me. With how bad the characters look, I'm not fully convinced this is going to be the amazing Tales experience I was hoping it'd be, so I need the combat to sell me on it.

RE: Tales of Arise - Moonface - Sep 8th, 2021

(Aug 14th, 2021, 11:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'll probably try out the demo. I want to see if the combat is any good or not so I know how high of priority the game will be for me. With how bad the characters look, I'm not fully convinced this is going to be the amazing Tales experience I was hoping it'd be, so I need the combat to sell me on it.
Looking at a quick overview of the reviews coming out today, it seems the combat is very good for this game. The story seems to range from good to hit or miss though, but from a gameplay perspective it seems any negatives for it are in the minority. Wink