Universal Gaming
What Are You Looking Forward To? - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: What Are You Looking Forward To? (/showthread.php?tid=497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Moonface - Feb 22nd, 2023

Since it finally got confirmed last night, I'm now looking forward to getting the week off work when Spring Break rolls around at the start of March. Normally I just work more hours when I have no classes during a mid-semester break but this year I decided I wanted to actually have a proper break and get to have the whole week off from everything. I was on the fence about doing it for a while but with the way work has been for me the past couple of weeks I'm glad I put it in.

I also look forward to a manager trying to bargain with me to come in during that week because they don't have cover or my coworker ends up back off my department due to her medical issues. Alas, I have no intention of cancelling any part of my week off. Tongue

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Mr EliteL - Feb 22nd, 2023

Excellent you've made the decision to finally have a well earned break, and to put your foot down with intention of keeping it a full break. Hope you get to relax and not have to worry about a single thing. Grin

Looking forward to...not much really. Nothing's been set yet, but once anything does, that'll be it. I'd say Friday because of Octopath, but I haven't even touched the demo, got a long shift tomorrow and will just rest after that, the another shift then Octopath 2 will have arrived by then, don't have plans to play immediately yet if I haven't played the demo. Alright changed my mind, I'll look forward to opening up Octopath 2 and playing it. XD

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Moonface - Feb 22nd, 2023

(Feb 22nd, 2023, 08:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Excellent you've made the decision to finally have a well earned break, and to put your foot down with intention of keeping it a full break. Hope you get to relax and not have to worry about a single thing. Grin

Looking forward to...not much really. Nothing's been set yet, but once anything does, that'll be it. I'd say Friday because of Octopath, but I haven't even touched the demo, got a long shift tomorrow and will just rest after that, the another shift then Octopath 2 will have arrived by then, don't have plans to play immediately yet if I haven't played the demo. Alright changed my mind, I'll look forward to opening up Octopath 2 and playing it. XD
Well my manager this morning already remarked about my week off to my coworker when he found out about it. The assistant manager was the one who approved it last night, so I guess he didn't know about it until this morning after it had already been approved, so even if he doesn't approve (I'm of the slight impression he doesn't) he can't do anything about it now. I found out he wasn't happy about it when my coworker asked about my vacation and I told her I booked off a week, and the most I agreed to was that if she needs me to work the weekends either side so I only take off Monday-Friday then that's fine, since that's still five days off and even then I don't work beyond noon anyway, so I'd still get a lot of weekend time like I normally do, I'd just be unable to stay in bed later but I don't like doing that too much anyway. Tongue

Surprised you don't consider taking the Switch to work and playing the demo during a lunch break or something, but I guess it depends on if you feel comfortable leaving it in your locker or whatever. I don't think I'd personally do it so I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to. XD

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Mr EliteL - Feb 22nd, 2023

Ah, well I suppose at least you offered to do the weekend sides to help out, but yeah no more than that.

Also you're correct, definitely don't want to take my Switch in. I do use my phone for Genshin though, but don't play on that a lot there either.

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Moonface - Mar 15th, 2023

Right now I'm looking forward to this year's WrestleMania event. I tend to just keep tabs on what's going on with WWE in terms of storylines and stuff, mostly because of how good their Bloodline story has consistently been but I hadn't really seen anything to make me care much about watching any of the shows or events fully myself, including this year's WM. However, the stories and matches going into WM have started to come together in a far more interesting way than I really expected them to and the whole vibe of the show so far feels so much like what were the by-gone days when I used to watch WWE stuff every single week. I think this is also the first WM where Vince isn't going to have any influence on the stories so it won't have any of that stupid shit he likes to do because of his ego. Whistle

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Moonface - Oct 7th, 2023

Going to Orlando next weekend to go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights for the first time ever! I don't know a huge amount about it but I do know this year it has a The Last of Us themed area which I saw a clip of a few weeks ago but I can't find it right now to share it. Sad

Also looking forward to having almost two weeks of no homework really after this weekend since I'm not going to get any new out of class assignments until at least the week starting October 23. So it'll be nice to get a little break before heading into the second half of this semester. ^_^

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Kyng - Oct 8th, 2023

Seeing my friends on Wednesday... we're planning to go to a Thai place Smile .

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Moonface - Oct 25th, 2023

(Oct 8th, 2023, 05:05 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Seeing my friends on Wednesday... we're planning to go to a Thai place Smile .
Been a while since you posted this but how was it?

For me, I'm just looking forward to a day where it's a good day from start to finish...

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - ShiraNoMai - Oct 25th, 2023

Same. Sad

More specifically, for me, looking forward to setting a routine that fucking works consistently and forming good habits.

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Kyng - Nov 4th, 2023

Seeing my girlfriend tomorrow Smile .

We're going to Hagley (just south-west of Birmingham), which doesn't have a whole lot of indoor things to do (other than the stately home, which is closed)... kind of annoying, since it's expected to be rainy!

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Mr EliteL - Nov 4th, 2023

Hope you have a good time today, Kyng.

Ugh, I'm looking forward to Christmas being over because the songs have started playing in store, frick it's only early Novemeber, geez! Then again that means seeing the year over so in that case I can still wait, don't want to it to go by too quickly. How'd we get to month 11 of '23 already anyway?

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Moonface - Nov 8th, 2023

I haven't heard a Christmas song yet but I'm sure that'll change very soon.

I'm looking forward to having a week where I don't get called into work on my day off. I know I could just not agree but doing that just means my days in will be awful, so it doesn't really feel like I have a choice. Eh

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - ShiraNoMai - Nov 9th, 2023

(Nov 4th, 2023, 06:47 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ugh, I'm looking forward to Christmas being over because the songs have started playing in store, frick it's only early November, geez!

XD

I'm still looking forward to my last thing I mentioned. Some day Suffer

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Kyng - Nov 27th, 2023

Going out to eat with my friends on Friday evening.

We'll be going to a Japanese restaurant... not one of my favourite cuisines (I prefer Italian, Indian and Mexican) - but it's so different from what I usually have that I'm very happy to go there every now and then for a change!

RE: What Are You Looking Forward To? - Moonface - Feb 14th, 2024

1. Being done with my portfolio review so I can go back to only having regular homework on my college plate.
  2. #1 being done so I can buy and play the Tomb Raider remasters.
  3. #1 being done also means the weekend is here and I'll be going to the Renaissance Fair on Saturday after work which after going for the first time last year I'm really looking forward to.