What Are You Looking Forward To?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm looking forward to getting to fully decorate the new house @ShiraNoMai and I just moved into. We have a lot of plans so far, but the issue is time and money to get them all done when we want to do them. Doh

I'm also starting to get excited about Halloween since the stores are beginning to get their merchandise in for it. Target were setting up their displays today, so in about a week hopefully they'll have all the goodies out for me to look at! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm looking forward to getting to fully decorate the new house @ShiraNoMai and I just moved into. We have a lot of plans so far, but the issue is time and money to get them all done when we want to do them. Doh

I'm also starting to get excited about Halloween since the stores are beginning to get their merchandise in for it. Target were setting up their displays today, so in about a week hopefully they'll have all the goodies out for me to look at! Grin
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Congrats Grin !

I'm looking forward to my current project at work being completed. It's about optimising some of our most important and complex processes - and it's incredibly repetitive, sitting down and taking lots of speed tests Sad ...
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Congrats Grin !

I'm looking forward to my current project at work being completed. It's about optimising some of our most important and complex processes - and it's incredibly repetitive, sitting down and taking lots of speed tests Sad ...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What job do you do @Kyng?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Even though I have work, looking forward to tomorrow for Code Vein. Then come Monday off to Isle of Wight, although I only agreed because I haven't been on holiday with my Dad and sister for a long while. Think I'll be making sure I go on holiday at more appropriate times in the future. End of September/October is too late for UK trips, needs to be Summer or in a hotter country. Still, a week off from work shall be rewarding, especially how I'm doing 37 hours this week.

Again, I have more booked holiday from work at the end of October (8 days), middle of November (9 days), March (8 days) plus 15th, 16th & 17th of October too. All thanks to me not realising how much time I still had to book, when I thought I had only two weeks worth left. LOL Still have another day to book too. ROFL Note: As I usually have Tues, Thurs & Sun off those days are included in the number of days I have off total in my counts above. 15 days worth is the true number I had to book (in hours though). 29 in all though, lovely madness. Grin ...also wasn't including next week, which means another 8 on top. OSHI

Not looking forward to December and New Year's, as we're approaching them too quickly, and means another year has gone by. No! Keep them away! *shot*
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Even though I have work, looking forward to tomorrow for Code Vein. Then come Monday off to Isle of Wight, although I only agreed because I haven't been on holiday with my Dad and sister for a long while. Think I'll be making sure I go on holiday at more appropriate times in the future. End of September/October is too late for UK trips, needs to be Summer or in a hotter country. Still, a week off from work shall be rewarding, especially how I'm doing 37 hours this week.

Again, I have more booked holiday from work at the end of October (8 days), middle of November (9 days), March (8 days) plus 15th, 16th & 17th of October too. All thanks to me not realising how much time I still had to book, when I thought I had only two weeks worth left. LOL Still have another day to book too. ROFL Note: As I usually have Tues, Thurs & Sun off those days are included in the number of days I have off total in my counts above. 15 days worth is the true number I had to book (in hours though). 29 in all though, lovely madness. Grin ...also wasn't including next week, which means another 8 on top. OSHI

Not looking forward to December and New Year's, as we're approaching them too quickly, and means another year has gone by. No! Keep them away! *shot*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 26th, 2019, 08:04 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If you tried booking that much time off here in the US you'd be seen as a fucking lunatic. Hell, even taking 8/9 days off just once and negating the rest would raise eyebrows. It's funny because I never usually used all my vacation time when I was in the UK, but I miss having it because I at least knew if I wanted to book the time off for a reason, I could so long as it was on time and not conflicting with anyone else. Trying to take vacations in the US feels like a massive imposition in comparison. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 26th, 2019, 08:04 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If you tried booking that much time off here in the US you'd be seen as a fucking lunatic. Hell, even taking 8/9 days off just once and negating the rest would raise eyebrows. It's funny because I never usually used all my vacation time when I was in the UK, but I miss having it because I at least knew if I wanted to book the time off for a reason, I could so long as it was on time and not conflicting with anyone else. Trying to take vacations in the US feels like a massive imposition in comparison. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Well, if Jing were to no take any time off, he'd be forced to take it all at once & one year he accumulated at least a month of time off & the whole time we spent together, he drove me nuts. XD So, I think it depends on your line of work for how much you get off is my thought.

Personally I'm looking forwards to Dragon Quest XI S's release for the Nintendo Switch tomorrow. I can't wait to see what more story was added & game play. Should be interesting. ^^
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Well, if Jing were to no take any time off, he'd be forced to take it all at once & one year he accumulated at least a month of time off & the whole time we spent together, he drove me nuts. XD So, I think it depends on your line of work for how much you get off is my thought.

Personally I'm looking forwards to Dragon Quest XI S's release for the Nintendo Switch tomorrow. I can't wait to see what more story was added & game play. Should be interesting. ^^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 26th, 2019, 11:45 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I've never known a job that forces you to take vacation. Most just encourage you to, but if not then there's nothing they can do and I'm surprised they'd care. It would make getting tasks done easier because you're not forcing people out the door to take time off who might not care to have it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 26th, 2019, 11:45 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
I've never known a job that forces you to take vacation. Most just encourage you to, but if not then there's nothing they can do and I'm surprised they'd care. It would make getting tasks done easier because you're not forcing people out the door to take time off who might not care to have it.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What I'm looking forwards to is the release of the Pokemon Swd/Shld Switch Lite variant. Though I did have a weird bream about ending up hating it. Eh

(Sep 26th, 2019, 11:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Well, he's in pharmacy & they aren't apart of a union as the rest of the store he works in is. So you have to take it; it's just the way it is for them.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
What I'm looking forwards to is the release of the Pokemon Swd/Shld Switch Lite variant. Though I did have a weird bream about ending up hating it. Eh

(Sep 26th, 2019, 11:48 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Well, he's in pharmacy & they aren't apart of a union as the rest of the store he works in is. So you have to take it; it's just the way it is for them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface : It's frowned upon over there? Geez, do they expect people in at least a day a week or something?

Know the higher ups at Asda try and get colleagues to book holiday now because of there being two different pays for shifts and holiday time. Since the week or month or whatever results (forgot the word for it) comes back, and usually it's over spent on work day, also they see people who can book time off to a better turn up net time. Omething like, I probably worded it wrong. XD

I now look forward to the time I get back next Saturday so I can play PS4, as I'm not taking that with me of course. Will take 3DS, doubt I'll be taking my Switch.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface : It's frowned upon over there? Geez, do they expect people in at least a day a week or something?

Know the higher ups at Asda try and get colleagues to book holiday now because of there being two different pays for shifts and holiday time. Since the week or month or whatever results (forgot the word for it) comes back, and usually it's over spent on work day, also they see people who can book time off to a better turn up net time. Omething like, I probably worded it wrong. XD

I now look forward to the time I get back next Saturday so I can play PS4, as I'm not taking that with me of course. Will take 3DS, doubt I'll be taking my Switch.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We tend to be a nation of workaholics, just as well as companies not being able to manage without the staff they currently have. Vacations are for rich folks, anyway (most companies don't give paid vacations to part-timers).

I'm looking forward to our friendsgiving we're gonna have in November Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We tend to be a nation of workaholics, just as well as companies not being able to manage without the staff they currently have. Vacations are for rich folks, anyway (most companies don't give paid vacations to part-timers).

I'm looking forward to our friendsgiving we're gonna have in November Grin
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Sep 23rd, 2019, 07:51 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I'm a software developer with a local company - and I've held that job for nearly six years now. There aren't a lot of people working there, but it's a pleasant environment where everyone knows one another - so, I'm glad to be working there Smile !

As for what I'm looking forward to right now... my birthday's only a couple of weeks away Grin .
Kyng Offline
Rookie

I'm a software developer with a local company - and I've held that job for nearly six years now. There aren't a lot of people working there, but it's a pleasant environment where everyone knows one another - so, I'm glad to be working there Smile !

As for what I'm looking forward to right now... my birthday's only a couple of weeks away Grin .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 30th, 2019, 12:11 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Neat! Grin

Have any birthday plans yet? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 30th, 2019, 12:11 AM)Kyng Wrote:

Neat! Grin

Have any birthday plans yet? Smile
QueenBee Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
Christmas. I love it.
[Image: b6q5k.png]

“monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes,they win”

Stephen King.

https://www.friendlychatting.co.uk
QueenBee Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
Christmas. I love it.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Going out to see my friends on Thursday. We're going to a local Italian restaurant which I've never visited before, but I hear it's very good Smile !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Going out to see my friends on Thursday. We're going to a local Italian restaurant which I've never visited before, but I hear it's very good Smile !
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Thanksgiving, I love it just as much as Christmas. :3
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Thanksgiving, I love it just as much as Christmas. :3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Looking Forward To After Covid Ends? Moonface 7 4,016 Oct 7th, 2020, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Moonface