Universal Gaming
Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) (/showthread.php?tid=776)

Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Eric - Oct 5th, 2020

No, I'm not bringing it back lol (unless you guys are interested Hmm ).  But I did some digging and I thought that maybe you guys would like a UG Podcast throwback by listening to these old recordings I found:

Universal Gaming Podcast 1

Universal Gaming Podcast 2

Universal Gaming Podcast 3

And man, this was six years ago guys.  It blows my mind how much time has gone since then and how this little online crew is still around.  I'm so glad I came back!

Edit: Fixed the links.

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - WR91 - Oct 5th, 2020

There use to be a podcast for the forum? Man I would have loved to have been a part of that.

Also when I click on the link to the podcasts you posted it says "this track was not found".

Also how long has this site been around because from the looks of it it's only been around since 2018.

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2020

Those podcasts are probably from the early 2010's. This forum was founded in 2006, and this is its third restart because our old host closed down and merged into Tapatalk, which is a horrible platform. The old board does exist though and should be linked inside the News & Updates area.

TCH also had to restart for the same reason as they were also on the same host we were on, which was ZetaBoards.

(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Those podcasts are probably from the early 2010's. This forum was founded in 2006, and this is its third restart because our old host closed down and merged into Tapatalk, which is a horrible platform. The old board does exist though and should be linked inside the News & Updates area.

TCH also had to restart for the same reason as they were also on the same host we were on, which was ZetaBoards.

So is this a custom form of proboards or something else? lol

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2020

ZetaBoards was its own forum software that was hosted for free, and was the successor to InvisionFree. I was part of its support team for years and told people in private about the service ending before its owner made the news public, because despite telling the staff it wouldn't happen and everything was fine they suddenly dropped that news on the staff and then better yet, left us to deal with the fallout of the public announcement by making it and then refusing to deal with a single question.

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Eric - Oct 5th, 2020

Oops, I guess I had set the links to private. These should be accessible:

(Oct 5th, 2020, 04:06 PM)Eric Wrote:
Oops, I guess I had set the links to private.  These should be accessible:

There we go. I'll check them out a little bit later.

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Mr EliteL - Oct 6th, 2020

Geez, it's really been that long since those three podcasts were done? XD It feels like half that time instead. I still never re-listened to the one I was in, I know I didn't speak much but I just don't particularly want to hear myself/how much I did say.

They were good though, to see us participate in something like that.

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Eric - Oct 6th, 2020

You know, I thought the same and wondered at how much I'd cringe listening back, but we all did pretty well! Mics could be better overall (lol), but otherwise the discussions were great!

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Moonface - Oct 7th, 2020

I'm not going back to hear myself but I know I'd be better doing a podcast today than I was back then. First I have an actual headset, and secondly I'm comfortable speaking on one nowadays compared to back then. XD

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Maniakkid25 - Oct 30th, 2020

Ah, gawd, that dumbass in the third podcast. He sucks so much as an interview. What was his name again? "Rinka" or something?

...the joke is I'm talking about me.

No, but seriously, we should revive this idea. I mean, I could run it, I guess, but I'm already commiting to the video review thing (yes, its gonna be a thing; hopefully the next video will be out by Christmas. The subject was perfect for Halloween, but it wasn't to be), and between two jobs I just don't have the energy to run it. Plus, coming up with topics of discussion is hard.

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - ShiraNoMai - Nov 12th, 2020

I think we can re-enter this phase if we stick ourselves to a schedule and make a list of topics beforehand. I can see the format going into:

1) Games we played recently (plan this out to avoid one-sided discussions)
2) News?
2) Specific topic
3) Q&A from other members to hosts

RE: Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) - Moonface - Nov 12th, 2020

I'd say schedule would be better done as picking a time/day, but only doing it if there has been some news to discuss. If it's been a slow week for games in both releases and news, it might be tough to talk about something and be better off pushed into a later podcast that has more to cover. Although, I don't listen to gaming podcasts like GiantBomb's to know if there is actually enough to discuss on a consistent basis, but at the same time those guys are going to cover everything, whereas we might not care to talk about a particular game, such as say, FIFA (just to name a game I know most if not all people here do not really have an interest in).