Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...)
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
No, I'm not bringing it back lol (unless you guys are interested Hmm ).  But I did some digging and I thought that maybe you guys would like a UG Podcast throwback by listening to these old recordings I found:

Universal Gaming Podcast 1

Universal Gaming Podcast 2

Universal Gaming Podcast 3

And man, this was six years ago guys.  It blows my mind how much time has gone since then and how this little online crew is still around.  I'm so glad I came back!

Edit: Fixed the links.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
No, I'm not bringing it back lol (unless you guys are interested Hmm ).  But I did some digging and I thought that maybe you guys would like a UG Podcast throwback by listening to these old recordings I found:

And man, this was six years ago guys.  It blows my mind how much time has gone since then and how this little online crew is still around.  I'm so glad I came back!

Edit: Fixed the links.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
There use to be a podcast for the forum? Man I would have loved to have been a part of that.

Also when I click on the link to the podcasts you posted it says "this track was not found".

Also how long has this site been around because from the looks of it it's only been around since 2018.
WR91 Offline
Casual
There use to be a podcast for the forum? Man I would have loved to have been a part of that.

Also when I click on the link to the podcasts you posted it says "this track was not found".

Also how long has this site been around because from the looks of it it's only been around since 2018.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Those podcasts are probably from the early 2010's. This forum was founded in 2006, and this is its third restart because our old host closed down and merged into Tapatalk, which is a horrible platform. The old board does exist though and should be linked inside the News & Updates area.

TCH also had to restart for the same reason as they were also on the same host we were on, which was ZetaBoards.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Those podcasts are probably from the early 2010's. This forum was founded in 2006, and this is its third restart because our old host closed down and merged into Tapatalk, which is a horrible platform. The old board does exist though and should be linked inside the News & Updates area.

TCH also had to restart for the same reason as they were also on the same host we were on, which was ZetaBoards.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:

So is this a custom form of proboards or something else? lol
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 03:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:

So is this a custom form of proboards or something else? lol
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
ZetaBoards was its own forum software that was hosted for free, and was the successor to InvisionFree. I was part of its support team for years and told people in private about the service ending before its owner made the news public, because despite telling the staff it wouldn't happen and everything was fine they suddenly dropped that news on the staff and then better yet, left us to deal with the fallout of the public announcement by making it and then refusing to deal with a single question.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
ZetaBoards was its own forum software that was hosted for free, and was the successor to InvisionFree. I was part of its support team for years and told people in private about the service ending before its owner made the news public, because despite telling the staff it wouldn't happen and everything was fine they suddenly dropped that news on the staff and then better yet, left us to deal with the fallout of the public announcement by making it and then refusing to deal with a single question.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Oops, I guess I had set the links to private. These should be accessible:

Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Oops, I guess I had set the links to private. These should be accessible:

WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 04:06 PM)Eric Wrote:
Oops, I guess I had set the links to private.  These should be accessible:

There we go. I'll check them out a little bit later.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 5th, 2020, 04:06 PM)Eric Wrote:
Oops, I guess I had set the links to private.  These should be accessible:

There we go. I'll check them out a little bit later.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez, it's really been that long since those three podcasts were done? XD It feels like half that time instead. I still never re-listened to the one I was in, I know I didn't speak much but I just don't particularly want to hear myself/how much I did say.

They were good though, to see us participate in something like that.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez, it's really been that long since those three podcasts were done? XD It feels like half that time instead. I still never re-listened to the one I was in, I know I didn't speak much but I just don't particularly want to hear myself/how much I did say.

They were good though, to see us participate in something like that.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Megami Tensei* Portal 
You know, I thought the same and wondered at how much I'd cringe listening back, but we all did pretty well! Mics could be better overall (lol), but otherwise the discussions were great!
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
You know, I thought the same and wondered at how much I'd cringe listening back, but we all did pretty well! Mics could be better overall (lol), but otherwise the discussions were great!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not going back to hear myself but I know I'd be better doing a podcast today than I was back then. First I have an actual headset, and secondly I'm comfortable speaking on one nowadays compared to back then. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not going back to hear myself but I know I'd be better doing a podcast today than I was back then. First I have an actual headset, and secondly I'm comfortable speaking on one nowadays compared to back then. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Ah, gawd, that dumbass in the third podcast. He sucks so much as an interview. What was his name again? "Rinka" or something?

...the joke is I'm talking about me.

No, but seriously, we should revive this idea. I mean, I could run it, I guess, but I'm already commiting to the video review thing (yes, its gonna be a thing; hopefully the next video will be out by Christmas. The subject was perfect for Halloween, but it wasn't to be), and between two jobs I just don't have the energy to run it. Plus, coming up with topics of discussion is hard.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Ah, gawd, that dumbass in the third podcast. He sucks so much as an interview. What was his name again? "Rinka" or something?

...the joke is I'm talking about me.

No, but seriously, we should revive this idea. I mean, I could run it, I guess, but I'm already commiting to the video review thing (yes, its gonna be a thing; hopefully the next video will be out by Christmas. The subject was perfect for Halloween, but it wasn't to be), and between two jobs I just don't have the energy to run it. Plus, coming up with topics of discussion is hard.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think we can re-enter this phase if we stick ourselves to a schedule and make a list of topics beforehand. I can see the format going into:

1) Games we played recently (plan this out to avoid one-sided discussions)
2) News?
2) Specific topic
3) Q&A from other members to hosts
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think we can re-enter this phase if we stick ourselves to a schedule and make a list of topics beforehand. I can see the format going into:

1) Games we played recently (plan this out to avoid one-sided discussions)
2) News?
2) Specific topic
3) Q&A from other members to hosts
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd say schedule would be better done as picking a time/day, but only doing it if there has been some news to discuss. If it's been a slow week for games in both releases and news, it might be tough to talk about something and be better off pushed into a later podcast that has more to cover. Although, I don't listen to gaming podcasts like GiantBomb's to know if there is actually enough to discuss on a consistent basis, but at the same time those guys are going to cover everything, whereas we might not care to talk about a particular game, such as say, FIFA (just to name a game I know most if not all people here do not really have an interest in).

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd say schedule would be better done as picking a time/day, but only doing it if there has been some news to discuss. If it's been a slow week for games in both releases and news, it might be tough to talk about something and be better off pushed into a later podcast that has more to cover. Although, I don't listen to gaming podcasts like GiantBomb's to know if there is actually enough to discuss on a consistent basis, but at the same time those guys are going to cover everything, whereas we might not care to talk about a particular game, such as say, FIFA (just to name a game I know most if not all people here do not really have an interest in).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,871 1,590,462 10 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,160 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Non-Gaming Remakes Moonface 13 2,425 May 1st, 2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Back Pain Nebulous 9 1,960 Feb 27th, 2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Nebulous
  Non-gaming Youtubers lp0 on fire 63 47,206 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: WR91