Nintendo Direct - June 18, 2024
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,423
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here's everything from today's Nintendo Direct presentation:
  • Mario & Luigi: Brothership | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    A new entry in the Mario & Luigi series!
    • Release Date: November 7, 2024

• Nintendo World Championship: NES Edition | Trailer
    Take on over 150 speedrunning challenges, face off against the best times of players of different skill levels in Survival Mode, and put your skills to the ultimate test in Legend Challenges from across 13 NES games. Deluxe Set pre-orders are also available now.
    • Release Date: July 18, 2024

• Fairy Tail 2 | Trailer
    Experience the final battle of Natsu and his friends in an epic, action RPG!
    • Release Date: Winter 2024

• FANTASIAN Neo Dimension | Trailer
    The father of Final Fantasy, Hironobu Sakaguchi, and renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu return to deliver an original RPG story!
    • Release Date: Holiday 2024

• Nintendo Switch Sports - Basketball Update
    Basketball is being added as a free new game mode.
    • Release Date: Summer 2024

• MIO: Memories in Orbit | Trailer
    A 2D adventure RPG set in the Vessel, a gigantic spaceship drifting in space for mysterious reasons. Play the android MIO and explore this decaying and mesmerizing world, overgrown with machines gone rogue.
    • Release Date: 2025

• Disney Illusion Island - Mystery in Monoth Update | Trailer
    The 'Mystery in Monoth' free update for Disney Illusion Island is available now!
    • Release Date: Today

• Hello Kitty Island Adventure | Trailer
    Cook delicious dishes, solve ancient puzzles, and decorate cabins to bring along new visitors and create your ultimate island paradise.

• Looney Tunes: Wacky World of Sports | Trailer
    Avoid wacky obstacles and gain power-ups to incite chaos against your friends & family as you play as your favorite Looney Tunes character in 4 classic sports: Basketball, Soccer, Golf, and Tennis!
    • Release Date: Fall 2024

• Among Us - New Roles Update | Trailer
    New crewmate and imposter roles coming later today.

• Farmagia | Trailer
    Command your monster army as you adventure through the dangerous lands of Felicidad.
    • Release Date: November 1, 2024

• Donkey Kong Country Returns HD | Trailer
    Enjoy 80 levels, including the additional levels from the Nintendo 3DS version, and join up with a buddy for 2-player local co-op!
    • Release Date: January 16, 2025

• Dragon Quest III: HD-2D Remake | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    • Release Date: November 14, 2024

• Dragon Quest I & II: HD-2D Remake | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    The first two Dragon Quest games are also getting the HD-2D remake treatment!

• Funko Fusion | Trailer
    Explore diverse and colorful worlds, solve puzzles, and relive memorable moments from over 20 worlds of entertainment.
    • Release Date: September 13, 2024

• Luigi's Mansion 2 HD | Discussion Thread
    • Release Date: June 27, 2024

• The New Denpa Men | Trailer
    • Release Date: July 22, 2024

• Metal Slug Attack Reloaded | Trailer
    The classic action shooter retains its detailed 2D pixel look and is now a tower defense game with beginner-friendly controls.

• Darkest Dungeon II | Trailer
    • Release Date: July 15, 2024

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Four Swords (GBA Online)

• Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA Online)

• Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (N64 Online)

• Perfect Dark (N64 Online)
    Now with online multiplayer.

• Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero | Trailer
    Set sail to save the day with Marona and her Phantom friends! Each stage of this colorful RPG adventure offers a gridless tactical turn-based challenge.

• Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics | Trailer
    7 legendary games (X-Men Children of Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom Clash of Super Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 New Age of Heroes, and The Punisher) all in one Super Heroic collection!
    • Release Date: 2024

• Super Mario Party Jamboree | Trailer
    Rainbow Galleria, Roll 'em Raceway, Goomba Lagoon, King Bowser's Keep, and more maps revealed! Also features over 110 minigames, and up to 20 players can compete in a new game mode, and there's even more new game modes to look forward to. It's the biggest Mario Party game yet!
    • Release Date: October 17, 2024

• The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom | Trailer
    Link is missing, which means you finally play as Zelda for an entire game! Using the Trirod, she can recreate items such as tables, beds, boxes and water blocks to help traverse the world. Also, create echoes of monsters with the Trirod too to have them fight for you!
    • Release Date: September 26, 2024

• Just Dance 2025 | Trailer
    • Release Date: October 2024

• Lego Horizon Adventures | Trailer

• Stray | Trailer

• Tales of the Shire: A Lord of the Rings Game | Trailer

• Ace Attorney Investigations Collection | Trailer
    OBJECTION! Swap between the new and old visual styles.
    • Release Date: September 6, 2024

• The Hundred Line: Last Defense Academy | Trailer
    • Release Date: Early 2025

• Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven | Trailer
    A full remake of Romancing SaGa 2.
    • Release Date: October 24, 2024

• Metroid Prime 4: Beyond | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    IT LIVES!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,423 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here's everything from today's Nintendo Direct presentation:
  • Mario & Luigi: Brothership | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    A new entry in the Mario & Luigi series!
    • Release Date: November 7, 2024

• Nintendo World Championship: NES Edition | Trailer
    Take on over 150 speedrunning challenges, face off against the best times of players of different skill levels in Survival Mode, and put your skills to the ultimate test in Legend Challenges from across 13 NES games. Deluxe Set pre-orders are also available now.
    • Release Date: July 18, 2024

• Fairy Tail 2 | Trailer
    Experience the final battle of Natsu and his friends in an epic, action RPG!
    • Release Date: Winter 2024

• FANTASIAN Neo Dimension | Trailer
    The father of Final Fantasy, Hironobu Sakaguchi, and renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu return to deliver an original RPG story!

• Nintendo Switch Sports - Basketball Update
    Basketball is being added as a free new game mode.
    • Release Date: Summer 2024

• MIO: Memories in Orbit | Trailer
    A 2D adventure RPG set in the Vessel, a gigantic spaceship drifting in space for mysterious reasons. Play the android MIO and explore this decaying and mesmerizing world, overgrown with machines gone rogue.

• Disney Illusion Island - Mystery in Monoth Update | Trailer
    The 'Mystery in Monoth' free update for Disney Illusion Island is available now!

• Hello Kitty Island Adventure | Trailer
    Cook delicious dishes, solve ancient puzzles, and decorate cabins to bring along new visitors and create your ultimate island paradise.

• Looney Tunes: Wacky World of Sports | Trailer
    Avoid wacky obstacles and gain power-ups to incite chaos against your friends & family as you play as your favorite Looney Tunes character in 4 classic sports: Basketball, Soccer, Golf, and Tennis!
    • Release Date: Fall 2024

• Among Us - New Roles Update | Trailer
    New crewmate and imposter roles coming later today.

• Farmagia | Trailer
    Command your monster army as you adventure through the dangerous lands of Felicidad.
    • Release Date: November 1, 2024

• Donkey Kong Country Returns HD | Trailer
    Enjoy 80 levels, including the additional levels from the Nintendo 3DS version, and join up with a buddy for 2-player local co-op!
    • Release Date: January 16, 2025

• Dragon Quest III: HD-2D Remake | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    • Release Date: November 14, 2024

• Dragon Quest I & II: HD-2D Remake | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    The first two Dragon Quest games are also getting the HD-2D remake treatment!

• Funko Fusion | Trailer
    Explore diverse and colorful worlds, solve puzzles, and relive memorable moments from over 20 worlds of entertainment.
    • Release Date: September 13, 2024

• Luigi's Mansion 2 HD | Discussion Thread
    • Release Date: June 27, 2024

• The New Denpa Men | Trailer
    • Release Date: July 22, 2024

• Metal Slug Attack Reloaded | Trailer
    The classic action shooter retains its detailed 2D pixel look and is now a tower defense game with beginner-friendly controls.

• Darkest Dungeon II | Trailer
    • Release Date: July 15, 2024

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Four Swords (GBA Online)

• Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA Online)

• Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (N64 Online)

• Perfect Dark (N64 Online)
    Now with online multiplayer.

• Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero | Trailer
    Set sail to save the day with Marona and her Phantom friends! Each stage of this colorful RPG adventure offers a gridless tactical turn-based challenge.

• Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics | Trailer
    7 legendary games (X-Men Children of Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom Clash of Super Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 New Age of Heroes, and The Punisher) all in one Super Heroic collection!
    • Release Date: 2024

• Super Mario Party Jamboree | Trailer
    Rainbow Galleria, Roll 'em Raceway, Goomba Lagoon, King Bowser's Keep, and more maps revealed! Also features over 110 minigames, and up to 20 players can compete in a new game mode, and there's even more new game modes to look forward to. It's the biggest Mario Party game yet!
    • Release Date: October 17, 2024

• The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom | Trailer
    Link is missing, which means you finally play as Zelda for an entire game! Using the Trirod, she can recreate items such as tables, beds, boxes and water blocks to help traverse the world. Also, create echoes of monsters with the Trirod too to have them fight for you!
    • Release Date: September 26, 2024

• Just Dance 2025 | Trailer
    • Release Date: October 2024

• Lego Horizon Adventures | Trailer

• Stray | Trailer

• Tales of the Shire: A Lord of the Rings Game | Trailer

• Ace Attorney Investigations Collection | Trailer
    OBJECTION! Swap between the new and old visual styles.
    • Release Date: September 6, 2024

• The Hundred Line: Last Defense Academy | Trailer
    • Release Date: Early 2025

• Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven | Trailer
    A full remake of Romancing SaGa 2.
    • Release Date: October 24, 2024

• Metroid Prime 4: Beyond | Trailer | Discussion Thread
    IT LIVES!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,389
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nintendo Wins.

I mean, damn it started strong with an M&L game? Perhaps it's finally time for me pick up a new M&L since I've really only played 2 and a remake of one of them. First one on the home console too, just have to. Then Mario Party with 20 players?! Speedrunners have got to be happy, perhaps the Marvel Vs Capcom community as well, Dragon Questers, Metroid 4 finally, and a Zelda protagonist game?

For Echoes of Wisdom I guess it's a good way to to try out something with Zelda to see how well it does before making a bigger game with her in to play as, or a dual Link & Zelda protagonist. The only one that came close was Spirit Tracks with Zelda's spirit with Link. I just couldn't but think what a full-scale game would be like instead of the cutesy type, but I'm no LoZ fan anyway so I got nothing really. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,389 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Nintendo Wins.

I mean, damn it started strong with an M&L game? Perhaps it's finally time for me pick up a new M&L since I've really only played 2 and a remake of one of them. First one on the home console too, just have to. Then Mario Party with 20 players?! Speedrunners have got to be happy, perhaps the Marvel Vs Capcom community as well, Dragon Questers, Metroid 4 finally, and a Zelda protagonist game?

For Echoes of Wisdom I guess it's a good way to to try out something with Zelda to see how well it does before making a bigger game with her in to play as, or a dual Link & Zelda protagonist. The only one that came close was Spirit Tracks with Zelda's spirit with Link. I just couldn't but think what a full-scale game would be like instead of the cutesy type, but I'm no LoZ fan anyway so I got nothing really. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,990
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Holy crap Square Enix owned this Direct. Which you don't hear often with how they've been lately, but not only did we finally get a release date for Dragon Quest III 2D-HD Remake (a day after my birthday as well!!!), but also a huge surprise in announcing 2D-HD Remakes of both Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest II. Holy!

The announcement of a remake for Romancing Saga 2 was also a surprise out of left field.

I thought FANTASIAN Neo Dimension was a Switch port of Bravely Default at first, haha. Character models look very Bravely Default. Looks okay, will have to wait and see more, but it's an RPG in the looks of Bravely Default, so it'll be on my list automatically.

Other than Square Enix owning it, the announcement of a new Phantom Brave game was very surprising, especially considering that NIS normally doesn't make announcements for games for both Japan and the West at the same time. Wonder if it'll get a simultaneous release as well. Guess I'll have to go see what NISA has said about i, if they've said anything about it.

The Hundred Line looks like it could be okay. Game play seemed kind of meh from the trailer, but I'll wait to see more. I think it's kind of funny that it is Danganronpa in every way, but not a Danganronpa spin-off game.

MIO looks like it could be promising! I'll definitely be keeping my eye on that one, I saw PlayStation posted a trailer for it too now, so I'll be looking for it on PS5 down the road.

Fairy Tail 2... not sure how to feel about it. The first Fairy Tail game was... meh. Big meh. I hope this second game is going to improve on the first by a lot. I'll give it a try for sure though.

Echoes of Wisdom was by far the biggest disappointment of the Direct for me. I was very interested until they got to the part where they showed how the game play/combat worked and they lost me. We finally get a game where we get to play as Zelda and we don't even get to fight with her. Bruh. Just give her a sword and let her kick some ass, Nintendo.

tl;dr version:

OMG DQ32DHDRELEASEPOGPOGPOGPOG OMGDQ1+22DHDREMAKESPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOG

New Phantom Brave, Romancing Saga 2 Remake, MIO, FANTASIAN, The Hundred Line and Fairy Tail 2 could be promising.

Echoes of Wisdom trash.

I was REALLY coping for an announcement of the heavily rumored Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster, but I'll take what SE gave me here. As long as they don't keep me waiting too much longer for FFIX Remake and FFT Remaster announcements.

EDIT: I forgot about Farmagia! Looks pretty interesting. Donkey King Country Returns HD is something I might pick up as well. Also I love that Nintendo announced the original Perfect Dark coming to NSO with online multiplayer right after Xbox announced that god awful looking new Perfect Dark game. That's the way to do it, Nintendo! Take the wind right out of those sails.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,990 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Holy crap Square Enix owned this Direct. Which you don't hear often with how they've been lately, but not only did we finally get a release date for Dragon Quest III 2D-HD Remake (a day after my birthday as well!!!), but also a huge surprise in announcing 2D-HD Remakes of both Dragon Quest and Dragon Quest II. Holy!

The announcement of a remake for Romancing Saga 2 was also a surprise out of left field.

I thought FANTASIAN Neo Dimension was a Switch port of Bravely Default at first, haha. Character models look very Bravely Default. Looks okay, will have to wait and see more, but it's an RPG in the looks of Bravely Default, so it'll be on my list automatically.

Other than Square Enix owning it, the announcement of a new Phantom Brave game was very surprising, especially considering that NIS normally doesn't make announcements for games for both Japan and the West at the same time. Wonder if it'll get a simultaneous release as well. Guess I'll have to go see what NISA has said about i, if they've said anything about it.

The Hundred Line looks like it could be okay. Game play seemed kind of meh from the trailer, but I'll wait to see more. I think it's kind of funny that it is Danganronpa in every way, but not a Danganronpa spin-off game.

MIO looks like it could be promising! I'll definitely be keeping my eye on that one, I saw PlayStation posted a trailer for it too now, so I'll be looking for it on PS5 down the road.

Fairy Tail 2... not sure how to feel about it. The first Fairy Tail game was... meh. Big meh. I hope this second game is going to improve on the first by a lot. I'll give it a try for sure though.

Echoes of Wisdom was by far the biggest disappointment of the Direct for me. I was very interested until they got to the part where they showed how the game play/combat worked and they lost me. We finally get a game where we get to play as Zelda and we don't even get to fight with her. Bruh. Just give her a sword and let her kick some ass, Nintendo.

tl;dr version:

OMG DQ32DHDRELEASEPOGPOGPOGPOG OMGDQ1+22DHDREMAKESPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOGPOG

New Phantom Brave, Romancing Saga 2 Remake, MIO, FANTASIAN, The Hundred Line and Fairy Tail 2 could be promising.

Echoes of Wisdom trash.

I was REALLY coping for an announcement of the heavily rumored Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster, but I'll take what SE gave me here. As long as they don't keep me waiting too much longer for FFIX Remake and FFT Remaster announcements.

EDIT: I forgot about Farmagia! Looks pretty interesting. Donkey King Country Returns HD is something I might pick up as well. Also I love that Nintendo announced the original Perfect Dark coming to NSO with online multiplayer right after Xbox announced that god awful looking new Perfect Dark game. That's the way to do it, Nintendo! Take the wind right out of those sails.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Direct Megathread ShiraNoMai 41 6,011 Jun 18th, 2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Steam Next Fest | Live Until June 17 Moonface 3 110 Jun 16th, 2024, 11:10 PM
  Summer Game Fest 2024 Megathread Moonface 24 610 Jun 14th, 2024, 01:38 AM
  World Video Game Hall of Fame | 2024 Inductees Moonface 5 259 May 11th, 2024, 08:43 PM
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 35 9,500 May 3rd, 2024, 12:52 AM