Do/Did You Procrastinate?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Are you someone who procrastinates or used to? If the latter, what made you stop doing it and actually get things done in a timely manner? If not, how badly does it affect things you need to get done and has it ever resulted in any really bad consequences? 

For me this is something I've been trying to work on in my current college semester because usually I'd find myself starting projects without enough time left for if something goes wrong or whatever and end up getting incredibly stressed trying to get it finished at the last minute. I'd also do it back in college and university in England but that would be so bad I'd have to be up all night to get my work done. Errm
Fortunately I've managed to get into a good habit in this current semester of doing the homework at the start of the week rather than at the end and hopefully I can continue that when I get more classes in my upcoming Fall semester.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Are you someone who procrastinates or used to? If the latter, what made you stop doing it and actually get things done in a timely manner? If not, how badly does it affect things you need to get done and has it ever resulted in any really bad consequences? 

For me this is something I've been trying to work on in my current college semester because usually I'd find myself starting projects without enough time left for if something goes wrong or whatever and end up getting incredibly stressed trying to get it finished at the last minute. I'd also do it back in college and university in England but that would be so bad I'd have to be up all night to get my work done. Errm
Fortunately I've managed to get into a good habit in this current semester of doing the homework at the start of the week rather than at the end and hopefully I can continue that when I get more classes in my upcoming Fall semester.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My whole life, brother. Managing my time is life's biggest challenge for me, especially into adulthood.

One thing I have learned is I'm a habit-sponge--that is, I adapt to others habits, good or bad, like a magnet and trying to untangle myself from them is a nightmare.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My whole life, brother. Managing my time is life's biggest challenge for me, especially into adulthood.

One thing I have learned is I'm a habit-sponge--that is, I adapt to others habits, good or bad, like a magnet and trying to untangle myself from them is a nightmare.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,778
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes and yes. I hate when I look back at how I poorly managed most projects from school, college and university, and I can't say I'm any better now. XD I'll think about mowing the lawn, takes a few weeks later and my mum begins to mention it, I still don't until one day oh, I somehow get around to doing it. ROFL I'm not that bad with other things but yeah, hell I procrastinate on playing videogames.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,778 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes and yes. I hate when I look back at how I poorly managed most projects from school, college and university, and I can't say I'm any better now. XD I'll think about mowing the lawn, takes a few weeks later and my mum begins to mention it, I still don't until one day oh, I somehow get around to doing it. ROFL I'm not that bad with other things but yeah, hell I procrastinate on playing videogames.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 26th, 2024, 03:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yes and yes. I hate when I look back at how I poorly managed most projects from school, college and university, and I can't say I'm any better now. XD
Ugh, looking back at college and university when projects would get like a four week deadline and yet I'd be leaving the bulk of the work until the last week whereas my current degree program rarely gives longer than two weeks to complete something. I absolutely did not appreciate just how much time we were being given for stuff back then and didn't manage it responsibly at all. Meh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 26th, 2024, 03:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yes and yes. I hate when I look back at how I poorly managed most projects from school, college and university, and I can't say I'm any better now. XD
Ugh, looking back at college and university when projects would get like a four week deadline and yet I'd be leaving the bulk of the work until the last week whereas my current degree program rarely gives longer than two weeks to complete something. I absolutely did not appreciate just how much time we were being given for stuff back then and didn't manage it responsibly at all. Meh
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same. Being irresponsible with deadlines in college is basically a rite of passage, though, so don't beat yourself up over it too much. Wink

I will say this app I'm using, TickTick, makes it easier to remember to do things and build habits. Useful if you like reminders and keeping track of shit, plus just noting things down that you wanna do.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same. Being irresponsible with deadlines in college is basically a rite of passage, though, so don't beat yourself up over it too much. Wink

I will say this app I'm using, TickTick, makes it easier to remember to do things and build habits. Useful if you like reminders and keeping track of shit, plus just noting things down that you wanna do.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,141
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
When I was at a university support, I looked at the list of appointments for different issues. And I couldn't help but laugh when one of them said:

"Procrastination: To Be Confirmed"

I wasn't at that appointment myself - although, I probably should have been, because I was awful with procrastination Tongue . I'm trying to turn that around, though!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,141 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
When I was at a university support, I looked at the list of appointments for different issues. And I couldn't help but laugh when one of them said:

"Procrastination: To Be Confirmed"

I wasn't at that appointment myself - although, I probably should have been, because I was awful with procrastination Tongue . I'm trying to turn that around, though!