Your Palatable Console/PC Price?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Really struggled with what to name this one. XD
Anyway, with today's announcement of the PS5 Pro and its accompanying $700 price tag, it's not surprising to see a majority of comments saying that $700 is too steep of an asking price, whether it be for what the PS5 Pro offers or because that price is just too high for a gaming console. I myself didn't care to get a PS5 Pro no matter what the price, but if I had been considering one the $700 price would definitely turn me off.

So I'm curious what everyone else's limit is for what they would spend on a console or PC? Does your limit change depending on what's being offered to you, and do you have an absolute upper limit you won't spend more than regardless of what the console/PC offers?

For me I don't know what my absolute limit is, but I know anything over $500 for a console is very likely to make me really think about if I want to purchase it or not. For PC's, I know to get something suitable for what I want to do is going to cost me over $1000, but I probably wouldn't look for anything over $2000 unless none of the options available to me are less than that.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,687 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Really struggled with what to name this one. XD
Anyway, with today's announcement of the PS5 Pro and its accompanying $700 price tag, it's not surprising to see a majority of comments saying that $700 is too steep of an asking price, whether it be for what the PS5 Pro offers or because that price is just too high for a gaming console. I myself didn't care to get a PS5 Pro no matter what the price, but if I had been considering one the $700 price would definitely turn me off.

So I'm curious what everyone else's limit is for what they would spend on a console or PC? Does your limit change depending on what's being offered to you, and do you have an absolute upper limit you won't spend more than regardless of what the console/PC offers?

For me I don't know what my absolute limit is, but I know anything over $500 for a console is very likely to make me really think about if I want to purchase it or not. For PC's, I know to get something suitable for what I want to do is going to cost me over $1000, but I probably wouldn't look for anything over $2000 unless none of the options available to me are less than that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Total Days Between All Console Releases Moonface 5 265 Aug 14th, 2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  If a Third-Party Publisher Made a Console... Moonface 4 730 Mar 9th, 2024, 01:17 AM
  Which Console Had The Best Launch Line-Up? Moonface 3 926 Sep 15th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  Xbox Series X/S | Price Increases for Series X and Game Pass Moonface 39 22,816 Jun 22nd, 2023, 12:01 AM
  If Sega Didn't Leave The Console Business When They Did? Moonface 0 631 Jun 10th, 2023, 11:18 PM