Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,293
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That artbook better be up in Amazon UK, will pre-order too if so, heck if I have to anywhere else if not. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,293 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That artbook better be up in Amazon UK, will pre-order too if so, heck if I have to anywhere else if not. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,586
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 16th, 2023, 12:01 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Just pre-ordered. Definitely seems worthy if it's over 200+ pages. Sincerely can't imagine all of that being just art.
I realized after my post about it that it it's being localized then it must have a good amount of text in it otherwise what would there be to localize? Tongue
Plus it says in the tweet that it has extensive commentary but somehow I missed that when I made my post. ROFL

(Apr 16th, 2023, 11:26 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hopefully, since the book is being done by Dark Horse Comics and they've published books that were sold in the UK before, such as The Art of The Last of Us. Wink

Also for anyone who plans to get it from Amazon US, the book is now 30% off too.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,586 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 16th, 2023, 12:01 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Just pre-ordered. Definitely seems worthy if it's over 200+ pages. Sincerely can't imagine all of that being just art.
I realized after my post about it that it it's being localized then it must have a good amount of text in it otherwise what would there be to localize? Tongue
Plus it says in the tweet that it has extensive commentary but somehow I missed that when I made my post. ROFL

(Apr 16th, 2023, 11:26 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Hopefully, since the book is being done by Dark Horse Comics and they've published books that were sold in the UK before, such as The Art of The Last of Us. Wink

Also for anyone who plans to get it from Amazon US, the book is now 30% off too.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,447
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Who's everyone's favorite character? Realize it's probably been a while since everyone's thought of it or been asked Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,447 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Who's everyone's favorite character? Realize it's probably been a while since everyone's thought of it or been asked Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 18th, 2023, 03:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
As a character in and of themselves and not factoring in their story, probably Therion for his sarcasm and cynicism as well as how it feels like he doesn't take any shit and just gets stuff dealt with there and then. H'aanit is also like that with just getting to the point and I like her a lot too, but Therion's interactions are what put him higher than her and others for me.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
As a character in and of themselves and not factoring in their story, probably Therion for his sarcasm and cynicism as well as how it feels like he doesn't take any shit and just gets stuff dealt with there and then. H'aanit is also like that with just getting to the point and I like her a lot too, but Therion's interactions are what put him higher than her and others for me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, it finally happened. Square Enix shadow dropped Octopath Traveler for PS4 and PS5 today, available via the PlayStation Store for $59.99, or $74.99 in a bundle with Octopath Traveler II.

Really happy to see the game finally available on PlayStation so that now both games will be there, but very annoyed that Square Enix once again decided to cheap out and not release a physical version of the game to go along with the OT2 physical copy. So unfortunately I'll be waiting for a very steep discount on this before picking it up on PS5.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, it finally happened. Square Enix shadow dropped Octopath Traveler for PS4 and PS5 today, available via the PlayStation Store for $59.99, or $74.99 in a bundle with Octopath Traveler II.

Really happy to see the game finally available on PlayStation so that now both games will be there, but very annoyed that Square Enix once again decided to cheap out and not release a physical version of the game to go along with the OT2 physical copy. So unfortunately I'll be waiting for a very steep discount on this before picking it up on PS5.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Apparently the game had only just been rated the day before for other console platforms so maybe SE just shadow dropped it digitally just because it's ready to go and don't see a point to wait for physical copies to be ready first. 
Either that or they feel OT1 is old enough that a physical copy isn't worth doing. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Apparently the game had only just been rated the day before for other console platforms so maybe SE just shadow dropped it digitally just because it's ready to go and don't see a point to wait for physical copies to be ready first. 
Either that or they feel OT1 is old enough that a physical copy isn't worth doing. Unsure
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,993
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

For me it was definitely Primrose Azelhart. Also, I did like the knight Olberic. Even if the way he said he didn't like women like Primrose whenever they were in the city, and she would never react to that. haha I guess that's part of the reason I stopped playing is because the characters acted like they were separate from each other. It never felt like they were a part of one whole story like older jrpgs I suppose.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,993 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

For me it was definitely Primrose Azelhart. Also, I did like the knight Olberic. Even if the way he said he didn't like women like Primrose whenever they were in the city, and she would never react to that. haha I guess that's part of the reason I stopped playing is because the characters acted like they were separate from each other. It never felt like they were a part of one whole story like older jrpgs I suppose.
calamarik Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 1,190
Maybe Square Enix just finished the game and BAM! Digital launch outta nowhere to get everyone hyped.

Another possibility is they're going all-in on digital these days. Physical copies take a while to make and ship, so digital-first might be their new thing, especially for older games like Octopath Traveler
calamarik Offline
Newcomer
Currently Playing
Ghost of Tsushima
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 1,190
Maybe Square Enix just finished the game and BAM! Digital launch outta nowhere to get everyone hyped.

Another possibility is they're going all-in on digital these days. Physical copies take a while to make and ship, so digital-first might be their new thing, especially for older games like Octopath Traveler
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 8th, 2024, 04:54 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

I think the problem with that is the game doesn't require the entire cast to be obtained before anything happens with the character you start with, so any interactions are restricted to mostly small talk rather than anything substantial. It's similar to the problem BotW or TotK has where you can do dungeons in any order and so trying to keep the story or difficulty in a chronological order becomes really hard to pull off with consistency regardless of player approach.

Of course, I could be mistaken because I don't have a clue if any other game in the genre has done a similar thing with its cast like Octopath does.

(Jun 9th, 2024, 07:54 PM)calamarik Wrote:

Another possibility is they're going all-in on digital these days.  Physical copies take a while to make and ship, so digital-first might be their new thing, especially for older games like Octopath Traveler
Yeah, and they probably looked at the sales of maybe OT2 or their other titles to see how the sales compare between digital and physical and the data showed that a physical release for an older title is really not worth it. Especially with how SE are going hard on multiplatform with how sales performance for their games has been recently.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 8th, 2024, 04:54 PM)queenzelda Wrote:

I think the problem with that is the game doesn't require the entire cast to be obtained before anything happens with the character you start with, so any interactions are restricted to mostly small talk rather than anything substantial. It's similar to the problem BotW or TotK has where you can do dungeons in any order and so trying to keep the story or difficulty in a chronological order becomes really hard to pull off with consistency regardless of player approach.

Of course, I could be mistaken because I don't have a clue if any other game in the genre has done a similar thing with its cast like Octopath does.

(Jun 9th, 2024, 07:54 PM)calamarik Wrote:

Another possibility is they're going all-in on digital these days.  Physical copies take a while to make and ship, so digital-first might be their new thing, especially for older games like Octopath Traveler
Yeah, and they probably looked at the sales of maybe OT2 or their other titles to see how the sales compare between digital and physical and the data showed that a physical release for an older title is really not worth it. Especially with how SE are going hard on multiplatform with how sales performance for their games has been recently.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's a shame regardless. I would gladly buy the game for a third time for a PS5 physical copy, instead of waiting for it to be eventually heavily discounted in a sale. I'll still get it eventually, but man.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's a shame regardless. I would gladly buy the game for a third time for a PS5 physical copy, instead of waiting for it to be eventually heavily discounted in a sale. I'll still get it eventually, but man.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,447
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I did happen to get that official art book that was announced a year ago; it shipped earlier this year. I should take a deep look at it soon; I love the art too much in this series.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,447 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I did happen to get that official art book that was announced a year ago; it shipped earlier this year. I should take a deep look at it soon; I love the art too much in this series.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Octopath Traveler II Moonface 21 4,290 Feb 15th, 2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: queenzelda