Video Share
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,639
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dang, thought I had replied to this back when I read it at the time you posted it but I guess not... Sweat

(Jul 6th, 2024, 06:03 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Great to hear the crowd singing along and having a good time with it too. Huge difference to six years ago when one of the Late Night shows had Hatsune Miku on (as a promotion for Miku Expo that year) and the reaction from the host and crowd was awkward as fuck.
Seems pretty messed up for the host to react in an awkward way. I'd expect a host of any show to be aware up front of what they're showcasing so as to not look like a buffoon from not knowing what they're showing on their own show. Errm

Anyways, win-win for both organizations for sure. The only negative of the night was that apparently the Dodgers really scuffed the merch sales. They only had one tent, manned by three people, to sell merch and some people waited in line the entire game and ended up being kicked out of the venue by security around 11 PM. Apparently both the people selling the merch and Dodgers security made comments that the amount of people in line to buy the merchandise was by far the biggest line they've ever seen. One employee specifically saying they had never seen so many people waiting to buy merchandise in the 20+ years they've been working at Dodger Stadium. So the Dodgers definitely underestimated the popularity of Hololive (especially when Gura is involved). If they decide to do this again next year, hopefully they'll be better prepared for that.
I'd love to know what company was running the merch booth. I remember the one time I went to a live AEW event and they had a single booth manned by three people and there was absolutely no queue system, it was just get yourself near the table and try to get attention without being a dick about it. It was a miracle I managed to get in and out of that booth rather quickly and I put that down to how small my frame is to be able to squeeze through people easily. They were also quickly running out of stuff too I recall. The whole thing was dumb because AEW would know up front how many fans are coming to the event; at least the booth for this Dodger's game has the excuse that they don't know how many attendees care about Hololive stuff.

So I didn't see this live but this amusing moment happened at the Olympics today during one of the swimming events: Paris Olympics 2024 | Lifeguard Goes Diving
I'm curious how the cap got there because the commentary doesn't seem to have been aware of a competitor exiting the pool without a cap on. Whoever ripped out that wolf whistle when the lifeguard comes out absolutely elevated the moment though. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,639 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Dang, thought I had replied to this back when I read it at the time you posted it but I guess not... Sweat

Great to hear the crowd singing along and having a good time with it too. Huge difference to six years ago when one of the Late Night shows had Hatsune Miku on (as a promotion for Miku Expo that year) and the reaction from the host and crowd was awkward as fuck.
Seems pretty messed up for the host to react in an awkward way. I'd expect a host of any show to be aware up front of what they're showcasing so as to not look like a buffoon from not knowing what they're showing on their own show. Errm

Anyways, win-win for both organizations for sure. The only negative of the night was that apparently the Dodgers really scuffed the merch sales. They only had one tent, manned by three people, to sell merch and some people waited in line the entire game and ended up being kicked out of the venue by security around 11 PM. Apparently both the people selling the merch and Dodgers security made comments that the amount of people in line to buy the merchandise was by far the biggest line they've ever seen. One employee specifically saying they had never seen so many people waiting to buy merchandise in the 20+ years they've been working at Dodger Stadium. So the Dodgers definitely underestimated the popularity of Hololive (especially when Gura is involved). If they decide to do this again next year, hopefully they'll be better prepared for that.
I'd love to know what company was running the merch booth. I remember the one time I went to a live AEW event and they had a single booth manned by three people and there was absolutely no queue system, it was just get yourself near the table and try to get attention without being a dick about it. It was a miracle I managed to get in and out of that booth rather quickly and I put that down to how small my frame is to be able to squeeze through people easily. They were also quickly running out of stuff too I recall. The whole thing was dumb because AEW would know up front how many fans are coming to the event; at least the booth for this Dodger's game has the excuse that they don't know how many attendees care about Hololive stuff.

So I didn't see this live but this amusing moment happened at the Olympics today during one of the swimming events: Paris Olympics 2024 | Lifeguard Goes Diving
I'm curious how the cap got there because the commentary doesn't seem to have been aware of a competitor exiting the pool without a cap on. Whoever ripped out that wolf whistle when the lifeguard comes out absolutely elevated the moment though. LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share/Learn a Random Fact Moonface 89 18,108 Sep 13th, 2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Share Your Own Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 373 Mar 8th, 2024, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Moonface