A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 2nd, 2024, 07:06 AM)Eric Wrote:
My cousin's fiance is from England and he just recently moved to California permanently. I've yet to meet him and I'd like to make a good first impression when I go back home for summer break. So far all he knows of me is that I talk fast and stutter, and have an incredibly-dry sense of humor. What's something about England I should know that you think would impress him?
Hmm. I've been thinking about this for a couple of hours and the best I could come up with would be these things I would share about England to people because they're things that I feel are actually pretty obscure unless you lived in my home town or near to it:
  1. There's an entire area of streets in my home town that are all named after Lord of the Rings. They were originally placeholder names because at the time these streets were made LotR was a big thing, but then they just never bothered to change them.
  2. My home town is the primary reason that Simon Cowell lost his streak of X Factor UK having the Christmas No. 1 after a movement was started in my home town to make Killing in the Name Of by Rage Against the Machine the Christmas No. 1 instead in protest.
  3. Not a hometown thing, but my parents were present in the pub on the night that Iron Maiden were signed to their first record label. The pub was a common spot the band were playing at prior to being signed by a label.
Would be easy to segue into it by just mentioning you have a friend who is also from England but currently lives on the total opposite side of the US. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 2nd, 2024, 07:06 AM)Eric Wrote:
My cousin's fiance is from England and he just recently moved to California permanently. I've yet to meet him and I'd like to make a good first impression when I go back home for summer break. So far all he knows of me is that I talk fast and stutter, and have an incredibly-dry sense of humor. What's something about England I should know that you think would impress him?
Hmm. I've been thinking about this for a couple of hours and the best I could come up with would be these things I would share about England to people because they're things that I feel are actually pretty obscure unless you lived in my home town or near to it:
  1. There's an entire area of streets in my home town that are all named after Lord of the Rings. They were originally placeholder names because at the time these streets were made LotR was a big thing, but then they just never bothered to change them.
  2. My home town is the primary reason that Simon Cowell lost his streak of X Factor UK having the Christmas No. 1 after a movement was started in my home town to make Killing in the Name Of by Rage Against the Machine the Christmas No. 1 instead in protest.
  3. Not a hometown thing, but my parents were present in the pub on the night that Iron Maiden were signed to their first record label. The pub was a common spot the band were playing at prior to being signed by a label.
Would be easy to segue into it by just mentioning you have a friend who is also from England but currently lives on the total opposite side of the US. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Moonface - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:41 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:48 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:22 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:12 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 8th, 2018, 04:56 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Chloe - Jun 16th, 2018, 01:32 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 27th, 2018, 04:55 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 16th, 2018, 04:24 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Dec 2nd, 2018, 01:31 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 24th, 2019, 03:13 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 25th, 2019, 09:14 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 16th, 2019, 07:01 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 19th, 2019, 11:25 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 5th, 2020, 11:01 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 5th, 2020, 11:07 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 5th, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 16th, 2020, 02:26 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 2nd, 2021, 12:53 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 2nd, 2021, 05:34 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 2nd, 2021, 05:45 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 3rd, 2021, 03:21 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jul 21st, 2021, 06:21 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 7th, 2022, 02:50 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 7th, 2022, 07:52 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 16th, 2022, 05:39 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 19th, 2022, 01:39 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jan 19th, 2022, 02:39 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 16th, 2022, 11:57 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Mar 17th, 2022, 03:43 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 25th, 2022, 07:23 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Jun 25th, 2022, 08:57 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:17 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Frank - Sep 12th, 2022, 12:35 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Karo - Nov 17th, 2023, 01:38 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Eric - May 2nd, 2024, 07:06 AM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Moonface - May 2nd, 2024, 08:03 PM
RE: A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again - by Eric - May 9th, 2024, 08:57 AM