Elden Ring
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Fromsoft has always been pretty dog shit at optimizing their games.

Demon's Souls had Valley of Defilement which caused the game to run like shit (plus other areas where it got really choppy).

Dark Souls on PS3/Xbox 360 was infamous for how god awful the game struggled in Blighttown and Lost Izalith.

Dark Souls 2 on PS3/360 has some really terrible parts. I don't remember if Scholar on PS4 had the same issues, been a long while since I played it on PS4.

Been way too long since I played Dark Souls 3 on PS4, but I'm willing to bet there were some areas that struggled despite having no good reason for it.

Can't comment on Sekiro since I haven't played it yet.

The only Fromsoft game that I can think of that hasn't struggled on at least one platform is the Demon's Souls remake, which Fromsoft had nothing to do with in the first place. At least I don't remember any areas having issues in the remake. Even the Valley of Defilement was smooth.

It's not surprising knowing Elden Ring struggles every where. The game was much too massive for Fromsoft's level of talent when it comes to optimizing games. They really should have just stuck to what they do best (really good interconnected worlds) instead of chasing mainstream mediocrity with a huge open world game.

Anyways, I've decided hold off on the DLC for a while. Between them nerfing a lot of fun weapons pretty badly the day before DLC release and the DLC being as big as it is with absolutely zero new trophies/achievements, it's not really worth $40 any more. I'll wait for a sale on all platforms before picking it up.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Fromsoft has always been pretty dog shit at optimizing their games.

Demon's Souls had Valley of Defilement which caused the game to run like shit (plus other areas where it got really choppy).

Dark Souls on PS3/Xbox 360 was infamous for how god awful the game struggled in Blighttown and Lost Izalith.

Dark Souls 2 on PS3/360 has some really terrible parts. I don't remember if Scholar on PS4 had the same issues, been a long while since I played it on PS4.

Been way too long since I played Dark Souls 3 on PS4, but I'm willing to bet there were some areas that struggled despite having no good reason for it.

Can't comment on Sekiro since I haven't played it yet.

The only Fromsoft game that I can think of that hasn't struggled on at least one platform is the Demon's Souls remake, which Fromsoft had nothing to do with in the first place. At least I don't remember any areas having issues in the remake. Even the Valley of Defilement was smooth.

It's not surprising knowing Elden Ring struggles every where. The game was much too massive for Fromsoft's level of talent when it comes to optimizing games. They really should have just stuck to what they do best (really good interconnected worlds) instead of chasing mainstream mediocrity with a huge open world game.

Anyways, I've decided hold off on the DLC for a while. Between them nerfing a lot of fun weapons pretty badly the day before DLC release and the DLC being as big as it is with absolutely zero new trophies/achievements, it's not really worth $40 any more. I'll wait for a sale on all platforms before picking it up.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can't say I've ever noticed any frame rate drops in Sekiro, but the game also has no large areas comparable to any of the regular Souls games so perhaps that helps?

I know Bloodborne runs at 30fps but I can't remember if that game has any performance problems or not.

Another big issue I have with the DLC is the lighting. A lot of the time there's a fog over the world like what you'd expect to see in old school games trying to use fog to hide draw distance limits, but the problem in this DLC is that the fog is everywhere like it's Silent Hill so trying to make anything out feels really hard for me. If the in-game time is set to night I can't see a damn thing even with a lantern and the brightness setting cranked all the way up, and then with the fog on top it just strains my eyes. I haven't been able to play for an extended session once yet because after a couple of hours I can feel a headache starting to come on from straining to see so often.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can't say I've ever noticed any frame rate drops in Sekiro, but the game also has no large areas comparable to any of the regular Souls games so perhaps that helps?

I know Bloodborne runs at 30fps but I can't remember if that game has any performance problems or not.

Another big issue I have with the DLC is the lighting. A lot of the time there's a fog over the world like what you'd expect to see in old school games trying to use fog to hide draw distance limits, but the problem in this DLC is that the fog is everywhere like it's Silent Hill so trying to make anything out feels really hard for me. If the in-game time is set to night I can't see a damn thing even with a lantern and the brightness setting cranked all the way up, and then with the fog on top it just strains my eyes. I haven't been able to play for an extended session once yet because after a couple of hours I can feel a headache starting to come on from straining to see so often.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ah yes, I forgot to mention Bloodborne. Despite it being my favorite of the Souls games, it is atrocious when it comes to performance. The game runs at a maximum of 30 FPS, but rarely ever sit there. Most of the time it feels like it's running 20-25. Some areas in the game make you worry that your PS4 is going to explode because of how hard it has to work to run the game.

Then you add in multiplayer. Hoo boy, do you want on of the laggiest, must un-fun co-op experiences of your life? Try some Bloodborne multiplayer. Game lags so bad that you'll take hits from bosses that weren't even near you, and you can suddenly just die out of no where because while it looked liked nothing was happening, in reality (on the host's screen), you just ate 5 straight attacks from the boss and got killed.

Love Bloodborne for its combat and lore/setting, but the performance was a nightmare and that's why people want an updated and improved PS5 and PC port.

I haven't watched any of the DLC yet, and obviously as I mentioned, no longer have any interest in getting it any time soon, so I can't comment on the fog thing. I do find it pretty hilarious though that the DLC runs as bad as the base game did when it first released.

Alsoall the nerfs they did to a lot of fun weapons to try and make players not as strong, and yet they left fucking bleed alone, lmao. I can still stomp any boss in the game in seconds with either dual bleed Twinblades or dual bleed Curved Swords. Fromsoft absolute, literal clowns for that patch.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ah yes, I forgot to mention Bloodborne. Despite it being my favorite of the Souls games, it is atrocious when it comes to performance. The game runs at a maximum of 30 FPS, but rarely ever sit there. Most of the time it feels like it's running 20-25. Some areas in the game make you worry that your PS4 is going to explode because of how hard it has to work to run the game.

Then you add in multiplayer. Hoo boy, do you want on of the laggiest, must un-fun co-op experiences of your life? Try some Bloodborne multiplayer. Game lags so bad that you'll take hits from bosses that weren't even near you, and you can suddenly just die out of no where because while it looked liked nothing was happening, in reality (on the host's screen), you just ate 5 straight attacks from the boss and got killed.

Love Bloodborne for its combat and lore/setting, but the performance was a nightmare and that's why people want an updated and improved PS5 and PC port.

I haven't watched any of the DLC yet, and obviously as I mentioned, no longer have any interest in getting it any time soon, so I can't comment on the fog thing. I do find it pretty hilarious though that the DLC runs as bad as the base game did when it first released.

Alsoall the nerfs they did to a lot of fun weapons to try and make players not as strong, and yet they left fucking bleed alone, lmao. I can still stomp any boss in the game in seconds with either dual bleed Twinblades or dual bleed Curved Swords. Fromsoft absolute, literal clowns for that patch.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, FromSoft seem very insistent with every patch for the DLC that frame rate issues primarily lie with the users and not their game. Today's patch just tells PS5 owners to boot up in safe mode and rebuild their database if they have frame rate issues which is ridiculous. Errm

That aside, this DLC has one of my favorite bosses ever in Bayle. Just the build up to his fight alone is superb and easily the best build up out of any FromSoft boss I've encountered.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, FromSoft seem very insistent with every patch for the DLC that frame rate issues primarily lie with the users and not their game. Today's patch just tells PS5 owners to boot up in safe mode and rebuild their database if they have frame rate issues which is ridiculous. Errm

That aside, this DLC has one of my favorite bosses ever in Bayle. Just the build up to his fight alone is superb and easily the best build up out of any FromSoft boss I've encountered.
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Bro someone fucking one-shot Radahn DLC Boss version. Over 90,000 damage dealt with ONE SHOT!

Link in case embed doesn't work
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,082 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Bro someone fucking one-shot Radahn DLC Boss version. Over 90,000 damage dealt with ONE SHOT!

Link in case embed doesn't work
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm assuming the madman is aiming to one-shot every phase of every boss, only because the clip title doesn't make sense otherwise because it's of the streamer one-shotting the first phase. Still incredibly insane though and I wanna find out what they did to achieve it; hopefully it isn't just grinding levels to be so OP they can one-shot everything and involves some more intricate setups.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm assuming the madman is aiming to one-shot every phase of every boss, only because the clip title doesn't make sense otherwise because it's of the streamer one-shotting the first phase. Still incredibly insane though and I wanna find out what they did to achieve it; hopefully it isn't just grinding levels to be so OP they can one-shot everything and involves some more intricate setups.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just realized I messed up with my last post; they're one shotting the whole boss fight but I forgot a cutscene plays when the health bar goes low enough and then the boss will die when the cutscene finishes. 

That video has already been massively surpassed though, with someone managing to get 143,411 damage on NG+7 as the current record. A few others did it before this one with more than 100k damage and they're all now being dubbed as a lower deck build because they're using so many buffs the buff icon bar is going into a second row.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just realized I messed up with my last post; they're one shotting the whole boss fight but I forgot a cutscene plays when the health bar goes low enough and then the boss will die when the cutscene finishes. 

That video has already been massively surpassed though, with someone managing to get 143,411 damage on NG+7 as the current record. A few others did it before this one with more than 100k damage and they're all now being dubbed as a lower deck build because they're using so many buffs the buff icon bar is going into a second row.