Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Congrats.

I'm now dealing with my phone refusing to turn on and I have no clue why. Eh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,707 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Congrats.

I'm now dealing with my phone refusing to turn on and I have no clue why. Eh
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
The only thing I can ask is "are you sure it's charged?" Otherwise, there may be a disconnect with the battery. Those are the only things I can think of.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,294 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
The only thing I can ask is "are you sure it's charged?" Otherwise, there may be a disconnect with the battery. Those are the only things I can think of.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 17th, 2024, 06:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
At first I assumed the battery was probably dead because it was getting really low while I was still at work, but when I got home and plugged it in absolutely nothing was happening still. I just went to a phone repair shop and they said there's no power output or something from the phone so it's either the battery or the motherboard/something else. I won't get it back until at least Monday so now I'm without a phone for the next two days, so I'm hoping no one needs to get hold of me via my phone number this weekend or that I have to login to anything requiring 2FA because I now don't have access to Google Authenticator. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 17th, 2024, 06:17 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
At first I assumed the battery was probably dead because it was getting really low while I was still at work, but when I got home and plugged it in absolutely nothing was happening still. I just went to a phone repair shop and they said there's no power output or something from the phone so it's either the battery or the motherboard/something else. I won't get it back until at least Monday so now I'm without a phone for the next two days, so I'm hoping no one needs to get hold of me via my phone number this weekend or that I have to login to anything requiring 2FA because I now don't have access to Google Authenticator. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Update: Welp, my phone is dead. So now I have to figure out what phone I want to replace it with... Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Update: Welp, my phone is dead. So now I have to figure out what phone I want to replace it with... Hmm
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oof. Yeah, you probably had what happened to my last one: one of the connections of the battery broke, and it just wouldn't function. Sorry to hear that happened.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oof. Yeah, you probably had what happened to my last one: one of the connections of the battery broke, and it just wouldn't function. Sorry to hear that happened.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 20th, 2024, 02:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Thanks. The biggest blow was my phone had only internal storage, and the majority of photos I took on it were therefore lost because I thought the phone had an SD card but turns out it never did. However, since I can't remember a lot of the photos I lost I'm viewing it in a lens of "If it was that important, you'd remember what it was" so that it doesn't bum me out too much. Unsure
Did you lose anything when that phone of yours died or were you more fortunate than I am?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 20th, 2024, 02:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Thanks. The biggest blow was my phone had only internal storage, and the majority of photos I took on it were therefore lost because I thought the phone had an SD card but turns out it never did. However, since I can't remember a lot of the photos I lost I'm viewing it in a lens of "If it was that important, you'd remember what it was" so that it doesn't bum me out too much. Unsure
Did you lose anything when that phone of yours died or were you more fortunate than I am?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, I lost all my shit, too. Not really anything important, but it was a collection of images and games and stuff that I couldn't get off the phone because the SD card was broken, so the internal was all I had, and it just wouldn't turn back on, no matter what I did. So, yeah, it sucked.

What was especially "fun" was when we went to get it replaced, they upsold me on a newer model because it was going to take 3-4 days for a new model of the same kind to come in, and I couldn't wait that long. Long story short, my Dad got pissed at ME because he was HIDING A SPARE PHONE THAT HE TOLD NO ONE ABOUT, AND EXPECTED ME TO KNOW ABOUT! Yes, I'm still mad; I refuse to deal with this shit again because of this bullshit. He can deal with it. Fuck him.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, I lost all my shit, too. Not really anything important, but it was a collection of images and games and stuff that I couldn't get off the phone because the SD card was broken, so the internal was all I had, and it just wouldn't turn back on, no matter what I did. So, yeah, it sucked.

What was especially "fun" was when we went to get it replaced, they upsold me on a newer model because it was going to take 3-4 days for a new model of the same kind to come in, and I couldn't wait that long. Long story short, my Dad got pissed at ME because he was HIDING A SPARE PHONE THAT HE TOLD NO ONE ABOUT, AND EXPECTED ME TO KNOW ABOUT! Yes, I'm still mad; I refuse to deal with this shit again because of this bullshit. He can deal with it. Fuck him.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 20th, 2024, 11:37 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Oof. Were the games not available to download again or was the issue with those more about the save data?

Also, speaking of "fun", I just learned the Pixel 9 Pro I'm supposed to be getting in two days doesn't actually release until September 4 and it's all the other models that release in two days. So now I have no idea if I'm getting a phone in two days and if I do what the fuck it'll be, because what I bought doesn't come out then. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 20th, 2024, 11:37 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Oof. Were the games not available to download again or was the issue with those more about the save data?

Also, speaking of "fun", I just learned the Pixel 9 Pro I'm supposed to be getting in two days doesn't actually release until September 4 and it's all the other models that release in two days. So now I have no idea if I'm getting a phone in two days and if I do what the fuck it'll be, because what I bought doesn't come out then. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh thank god I actually got my new phone today. It just turned up and I just finished setting up the basic stuff on it, but I'm just happy to not have the anxiety of wondering when I was getting a phone again hanging over me. ;w;

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh thank god I actually got my new phone today. It just turned up and I just finished setting up the basic stuff on it, but I'm just happy to not have the anxiety of wondering when I was getting a phone again hanging over me. ;w;
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Good to hear you got the new phone, now. Shame about the old phone, but you have a new one, at least.

(Aug 21st, 2024, 12:18 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Thought I replied to this... anyway, it was mostly games. I'm sure there were a few games that had save data that I didn't get to transfer, but the big one I was worried about at the time was Disgaea RPG, because I had managed to get Girl Laharl, and I was very nervous I would lose that file. I did not, so yay to that.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Good to hear you got the new phone, now. Shame about the old phone, but you have a new one, at least.

(Aug 21st, 2024, 12:18 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Thought I replied to this... anyway, it was mostly games. I'm sure there were a few games that had save data that I didn't get to transfer, but the big one I was worried about at the time was Disgaea RPG, because I had managed to get Girl Laharl, and I was very nervous I would lose that file. I did not, so yay to that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, at least the old phone did me good one last time by fully paying off my Pixel 9 which released and came today. I didn't expect a Pixel 4 that's completely dead to be worth that much for a trade in.

Ah so it was just the save data that was at risk of loss rather than the games being ones that weren't available to download again. I have a couple of games my old phone had that I can't get again but also they couldn't be played anymore anyway so I can't really call it a loss. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, at least the old phone did me good one last time by fully paying off my Pixel 9 which released and came today. I didn't expect a Pixel 4 that's completely dead to be worth that much for a trade in.

Ah so it was just the save data that was at risk of loss rather than the games being ones that weren't available to download again. I have a couple of games my old phone had that I can't get again but also they couldn't be played anymore anyway so I can't really call it a loss. Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Guys, check out this awesome new place in Florida I discovered on Google Maps today! Wow

[Image: 0GHSndU.png]

Sadly it did not verbally say "Oriando" to me which I was really hoping for. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Guys, check out this awesome new place in Florida I discovered on Google Maps today! Wow

[Image: 0GHSndU.png]

Sadly it did not verbally say "Oriando" to me which I was really hoping for. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
What happened is, they changed the font recently and forgot they used an I instead of a lower case L.

Probably idk, but that shit is funny lmao
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,163 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
What happened is, they changed the font recently and forgot they used an I instead of a lower case L.

Probably idk, but that shit is funny lmao
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A good guess but it seems weird because I'd assume Google pulls the data from the actual map names, and there's no way Orlando has been misspelled for that long. Alas, I can't replicate it now so we'll never know. Sad

So today I learned that not everyone who uses a virtual avatar for streaming avoids showing their real self on stream. I always associated virtual avatars with someone being uncomfortable showing their real self but I've been watching WhiskeyDing0 on Twitch and he switched to a regular cam while eating during his subathon which I wasn't expecting. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A good guess but it seems weird because I'd assume Google pulls the data from the actual map names, and there's no way Orlando has been misspelled for that long. Alas, I can't replicate it now so we'll never know. Sad

So today I learned that not everyone who uses a virtual avatar for streaming avoids showing their real self on stream. I always associated virtual avatars with someone being uncomfortable showing their real self but I've been watching WhiskeyDing0 on Twitch and he switched to a regular cam while eating during his subathon which I wasn't expecting. LOL
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
You sure he wasn't doing a face reveal? Because that absolutely sounds like the type of thing you'd do during a subathon. I don't know who this WhiskeyDing0 is, though, so I don't know.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
You sure he wasn't doing a face reveal? Because that absolutely sounds like the type of thing you'd do during a subathon. I don't know who this WhiskeyDing0 is, though, so I don't know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 266 59,021 Sep 11th, 2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread | Minecraft Movie Trailer Moonface 97 28,718 Sep 10th, 2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 8 823 May 23rd, 2024, 11:43 PM
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 70,651 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 57,787 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM