Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,258
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Jul 22nd, 2024, 07:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Amusingly late but only because I was reading everything in here before bringing this thread back from the dead first; this makes it sound like you have done a Professional difficulty run in RE5 at some point and if you did that with the AI and not a human companion I commend you, because I remember trying to do that difficulty with @Karo and some of the stuff I learned about in that mode (such as practically zero time to pick up a downed partner) made me reach the conclusion that doing it with an AI companion is subjecting yourself to self harm. Errm
*cackles* No! Absolutely not. I ran it with my cousin on 360 local multiplayer. It was painful. Took us several days of play. Goddamn bugs with their insta-kill attacks...
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,258 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Jul 22nd, 2024, 07:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Amusingly late but only because I was reading everything in here before bringing this thread back from the dead first; this makes it sound like you have done a Professional difficulty run in RE5 at some point and if you did that with the AI and not a human companion I commend you, because I remember trying to do that difficulty with @Karo and some of the stuff I learned about in that mode (such as practically zero time to pick up a downed partner) made me reach the conclusion that doing it with an AI companion is subjecting yourself to self harm. Errm
*cackles* No! Absolutely not. I ran it with my cousin on 360 local multiplayer. It was painful. Took us several days of play. Goddamn bugs with their insta-kill attacks...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I recall getting to at least the bugs in the refinery with @Karo but whether they were significantly harder to deal with on Pro compared to lower difficulties I can't recall. I did recently read though that the QTE's in the volcano at the end of the game are utterly brutal but we never made it that far. Sad

You played RE6 right? If so how was the partner AI in that game compared to RE5?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I recall getting to at least the bugs in the refinery with @Karo but whether they were significantly harder to deal with on Pro compared to lower difficulties I can't recall. I did recently read though that the QTE's in the volcano at the end of the game are utterly brutal but we never made it that far. Sad

You played RE6 right? If so how was the partner AI in that game compared to RE5?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Better than RE5 original, but it has been a minute since I played it. I did google just to make sure my memory was accurate, and the AI has infinite health and ammo, so there's a good start: no need to manage two inventories. I do not recall any times the AI did silly shit like Sheva did, though I want to say there was one time the AI just left me alone without healing me, because I know from experience that if you manage to stay in the dying state until the bar fills, you pull yourself back up with 1 block of health.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Better than RE5 original, but it has been a minute since I played it. I did google just to make sure my memory was accurate, and the AI has infinite health and ammo, so there's a good start: no need to manage two inventories. I do not recall any times the AI did silly shit like Sheva did, though I want to say there was one time the AI just left me alone without healing me, because I know from experience that if you manage to stay in the dying state until the bar fills, you pull yourself back up with 1 block of health.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Aww man the infinite ammo sounds like such a blessing even if the rest was garbage. I can never think of Sheva in RE5 without also thinking of how if you give her an SMG she will burn through hundreds of rounds and maybe score three kills if you're lucky because of how bad RE5's AI was with ammo management...
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,508 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Aww man the infinite ammo sounds like such a blessing even if the rest was garbage. I can never think of Sheva in RE5 without also thinking of how if you give her an SMG she will burn through hundreds of rounds and maybe score three kills if you're lucky because of how bad RE5's AI was with ammo management...
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That's why I always kept the AI in Cover mode, because for some dumbass reason the AI prioritizes SMGs in Attack mode. Sure, that comes with the problem of "The AI will never use power weapons", but eh, I can deal with that. I tend to just give her the starting pistol (upgraded as I go along, of course), and use her as an ammo box, anyway.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That's why I always kept the AI in Cover mode, because for some dumbass reason the AI prioritizes SMGs in Attack mode. Sure, that comes with the problem of "The AI will never use power weapons", but eh, I can deal with that. I tend to just give her the starting pistol (upgraded as I go along, of course), and use her as an ammo box, anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Characters That Had Good Development? Moonface 17 4,285 Oct 7th, 2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Bad Representative Games Maniakkid25 4 1,249 May 16th, 2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Games That Released At Wrong/Bad Times Moonface 14 4,383 Jun 21st, 2022, 09:02 PM
  Games That Are Good/Bad Value for Money? Moonface 8 3,327 Oct 15th, 2021, 10:18 PM
  Good/Bad Examples of Game Monetization Moonface 3 3,195 Jun 5th, 2020, 06:44 PM