Current/Last Thing You Listened To?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,626
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
  • Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis
  • Going Under - Evanescence
  • Dark Passage (avocado) - Stewart Copeland
  • Survive - Rise Against
  • The Girl and the Robot - Röyksopp
  • Saccharine Smile - Donots
  • Do Wah Diddy Diddy - Manfred Mann
  • Stricken - Disturbed
  • Points of Authority - Linkin Park
  • Before I Forget - Slipknot
  • The Power of Goodbye - Madonna
  • Right Side of the Bed - Atreyu
  • Can You Feel My Heart - Bring Me The Horizon
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,626 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
  • Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis
  • Going Under - Evanescence
  • Dark Passage (avocado) - Stewart Copeland
  • Survive - Rise Against
  • The Girl and the Robot - Röyksopp
  • Saccharine Smile - Donots
  • Do Wah Diddy Diddy - Manfred Mann
  • Stricken - Disturbed
  • Points of Authority - Linkin Park
  • Before I Forget - Slipknot
  • The Power of Goodbye - Madonna
  • Right Side of the Bed - Atreyu
  • Can You Feel My Heart - Bring Me The Horizon
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,985
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Fortress Europe -- Asian Dub Foundation

A song that, every time I hear it, I'm amazed it didn't go viral during the Brexit campaign. I mean, look at that name! It's directly referencing the old WWII propoganda term of German occupation of Europe! And they wouldn't think twice about reading the lyrics, and realizing it's a pro-immigration, pro-asylum seeker song (one of the lyrics is literally "Asylum is a right"), saying that the European Union is too hostile to people trying to just find a new safe home. And don't tell me that they'd be smart enough to realize this; John McCain famously used "Born in the USA" (a song famously dumping on such jingoistic ideals), and Trump used "Fortunate Son" (a song explicitly about NOT being a person born into a fortune). This would have been too juicy to pass up. It's a shame; would have been a free source of comedy.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,985 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

A song that, every time I hear it, I'm amazed it didn't go viral during the Brexit campaign. I mean, look at that name! It's directly referencing the old WWII propoganda term of German occupation of Europe! And they wouldn't think twice about reading the lyrics, and realizing it's a pro-immigration, pro-asylum seeker song (one of the lyrics is literally "Asylum is a right"), saying that the European Union is too hostile to people trying to just find a new safe home. And don't tell me that they'd be smart enough to realize this; John McCain famously used "Born in the USA" (a song famously dumping on such jingoistic ideals), and Trump used "Fortunate Son" (a song explicitly about NOT being a person born into a fortune). This would have been too juicy to pass up. It's a shame; would have been a free source of comedy.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,946 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
† (album) -- Justice

On Spotify, they renamed it to "Justice", but I don't care, I'm still calling it †. Had an urge to listen to it again, and did it over the past few days. It's a really good album, if you've never listened to it. For those unaware, Justice are a duo of songwriters that come from the mold of Daft Punk. However, while their House-y goodness is quite dancable, they are known for using two things in their songs: Distortion and Compression. Like, a lot of Distortion and Compression. A LOT of Distortion and Compression! But what makes the album even more interesting is that it's basically a fully gapless album. Most of the songs lead into each other, so listening to it in it's intended order is a fun experience. My favorite is Genesis to Let There Be Light to D.A.N.C.E. Genesis ends with the drum intro of Let There Be Light, and Let Their Be Light ends with the "radio change" effect that starts up D.A.N.C.E, and it is friggin' SEAMLESS! Seriously, if you don't watch the tracks changing, you won't know when it skips to the next track (assuming your player is set up to handle gapless tracks; that's actually a setting you have to turn on in Spotify, for some stupid reason). Highly recommend it; give it a listen, especially gapless. It's a treat. Except for Stress. That song is...aptly named.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
† (album) -- Justice

On Spotify, they renamed it to "Justice", but I don't care, I'm still calling it †. Had an urge to listen to it again, and did it over the past few days. It's a really good album, if you've never listened to it. For those unaware, Justice are a duo of songwriters that come from the mold of Daft Punk. However, while their House-y goodness is quite dancable, they are known for using two things in their songs: Distortion and Compression. Like, a lot of Distortion and Compression. A LOT of Distortion and Compression! But what makes the album even more interesting is that it's basically a fully gapless album. Most of the songs lead into each other, so listening to it in it's intended order is a fun experience. My favorite is Genesis to Let There Be Light to D.A.N.C.E. Genesis ends with the drum intro of Let There Be Light, and Let Their Be Light ends with the "radio change" effect that starts up D.A.N.C.E, and it is friggin' SEAMLESS! Seriously, if you don't watch the tracks changing, you won't know when it skips to the next track (assuming your player is set up to handle gapless tracks; that's actually a setting you have to turn on in Spotify, for some stupid reason). Highly recommend it; give it a listen, especially gapless. It's a treat. Except for Stress. That song is...aptly named.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 8th, 2024, 09:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Anyone who would claim Brexit supporters would realize what this song is actually about wouldn't know what they're taking about. People who supported Brexit couldn't even fathom the thing was bullshit even when told as such at the time and many still want to blame other random boogeymen for why Brexit failed rather than blaming the fact it was a stupid and failed endeavor from the minute it was thought of. Errm

Stupidity of Brexit aside, I haven't heard or thought of that song in a long time. I remember hearing it in NFSU but didn't really ever learn the lyrics to it. LOL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 8th, 2024, 09:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Anyone who would claim Brexit supporters would realize what this song is actually about wouldn't know what they're taking about. People who supported Brexit couldn't even fathom the thing was bullshit even when told as such at the time and many still want to blame other random boogeymen for why Brexit failed rather than blaming the fact it was a stupid and failed endeavor from the minute it was thought of. Errm

Stupidity of Brexit aside, I haven't heard or thought of that song in a long time. I remember hearing it in NFSU but didn't really ever learn the lyrics to it. LOL
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, you are in for a treatise if you do. There are some pretty hard hitting lines in it. It's songs like this that you point to and say "Um, do you know what they are saying in this?!", which really makes it interesting that EA put it in the game. Then again, they put Fever For the Flava in Hot Pursuit 2, so they obviously aren't paying attention to this stuff!

Interestingly, one of the members of Asian Dub Foundation, Pandit G, publically declined a British Honour to be made an MBE. His stated reason boils down to "You actually want to honour us? Fund us; don't give shiny accolades!"
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, you are in for a treatise if you do. There are some pretty hard hitting lines in it. It's songs like this that you point to and say "Um, do you know what they are saying in this?!", which really makes it interesting that EA put it in the game. Then again, they put Fever For the Flava in Hot Pursuit 2, so they obviously aren't paying attention to this stuff!

Interestingly, one of the members of Asian Dub Foundation, Pandit G, publically declined a British Honour to be made an MBE. His stated reason boils down to "You actually want to honour us? Fund us; don't give shiny accolades!"
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I'd never read the lyrics before and it being largely fast paced rap meant I would never pick out words in the verses just through listening to it. I didn't go through the whole song but just from the lyrics of the first verse made me wonder how it managed to get into NFSU besides just sounding audibly like an appropriate song for the game. I'm sure it's not the first or only song to get into a game where it really doesn't fit when you look at its subject matter and/or lyrical content. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I'd never read the lyrics before and it being largely fast paced rap meant I would never pick out words in the verses just through listening to it. I didn't go through the whole song but just from the lyrics of the first verse made me wonder how it managed to get into NFSU besides just sounding audibly like an appropriate song for the game. I'm sure it's not the first or only song to get into a game where it really doesn't fit when you look at its subject matter and/or lyrical content. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current/Last Thing You Watched? Nightingale 501 166,389 May 16th, 2024, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Current Device Wallpaper/Lock Screen? Moonface 20 7,322 Apr 4th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  You Change the Colour of One Thing. What Happens? Moonface 4 4,046 Jun 15th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Moonface